See Also: 2004 Infiniti G35

17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Awesome Car

by Mr. October from Atlanta, GA | August 26, 2014

I purchased this car as a second car as I also have a Toyota 4 Runner, because of gas mileage. I purchased this car used from a one owner which only had 64K on it, the prior owner took very good care of it, now as the 2nd owner of this car I love the way it handles, very stylish, the ride and handling is Awesome, the only thing is if you step on the gas the gas mileage goes down, other than that the car is very fast and a head turner, Love it.

2004 Coupe, Fast and Fun, Bad MPG

by AG from Brooklyn, NY | June 26, 2014

This review is for the 2door coupe version, 2004 I owned my g35 coupe for three years, and absolutely enjoyed it for the first two, but eventually had to get rid of it due poor gas mileage and some wear and tear that I knew would cost me a lot to fix down the road. Let me start with the positive: This is car is very quick, has an awesome sounding exhaust note, and has ample torque. Handling is very tight and accurate. The car is an absolute pleasure to drive, especially on the highway. Given that the road is dry, you can feel comfortable taking any turn and can enjoy winding roads. You can also pass people with absolutely no effort. The exterior styling is also excellent. As I write this review in 2014, I think the Coupe body style still looks great and hasnt lost its flare. The Bad: The interior is now very dated, and there aren't too many features to speak of. Both the stock stereo and Bose stereo are weak and the whole car buzzes and vibrates when bass notes play. Gas mileage is poor. Driving around NYC, I would (and I am not exaggerating) get about 9 MPG. Highway was significantly better but still no more than 16-17 mpg. You can find modern 8 cylinders with 400+ HP these days that get better MPG. Finally, these cars are now reaching an age where they are starting to show long term problems. With a span of a few months, during my third year of ownership, the car developed the following problems: -Control arms were worn and needed replacement ( $500) -Heat stopped blowing hot -There was a leak in the manifold ( $1000 at dealership to fix) -Front driver side bushings wore out -CD player stopped working -Headlights had air leak and began to fog severely -Driver side window motor died, 3 Times in one year While I love this car, and think its a timeless design with very aggressive performance and handling, I feel that the age of these cars is starting to show and the many known problems they can have will end up adding a lot to cost of ownership. So keep this in mind when you find one of these for $7000 and get excited...you will be fixing something within a year, guaranteed

Amazing Car

by David Beecher from Schenectady, NY | May 6, 2014

By far the best car I've ever owned. It's a family car, sports car, very stylish design. I don't think I could have purchased a smoother and better looking, both interior and exterior car. Highly recommend, amazing car to own. 2 thumbs up!!!!

Great car at a really reasonable price.

by MG from Lawrence, Kansas | November 4, 2013

Allen Automotive in Shawnee Ks. was great to work with and no pressure. Brad the owner sold me on the car and was very helpful in making it quick and easy. His cars come with a two year warranty and I feel like I can trust Brad and his team.

Best in class

by Mont boi from Delaware | October 10, 2013

The car has been great to me so far. My only two complaints. Around town mpg is terrible. And I am 6'3 and I am a tall for this car. But other wise it's fast, reliable and very enjoyable.

Sporty and fun with a little luxury.

by Laid back mom from Jackson MS | August 25, 2013

This is my dream car and thanks to Cars.com for helping me find exactly what I was looking for! I am a satisfied customer.

I Love my G35

by Tito from Oklahoma city, OK | April 29, 2013

Great car! expensive on gas but great ride! Love it! I would reccomend this car to anyone. Brakes can be a little high, but hey dont buy a car you cant afford. All in all very reliable vehicle.

I love the g35!!!

by G35 enthusiast from Colorado Springs, CO | February 27, 2013

I was looking for a g35 for a pretty long time and when I finally came across the 04 that I purchased for less then 16k and with only 50k miles I was in heaven. I love everything about the car besides the gas milage but you can't really complain about that because it is a sports car. I have put a little over 5k miles on it and haven't had any issues yet. This car is simple perfect for me and I would recommend it to anyone looking for an entry level sports coupe.

04 g35

by Ant from Miami fl | April 17, 2012

Def recommended. Fast and fun to drive. Ladies luv g's. Make sure u switch to synthetic oil when you get it. Aftermarket stero systems require a whole new interface which runs at least 150$. The seat belts don't really retract when exiting the vehicle. No biggie though. Great all around vehicle. Gas mileage is decent if you drive with respect.

Great buy

by ilikecars from Baltimore, MD | March 28, 2012

This car looks great inside and out. Is comfortable enough for a near lexury feel, while maintaining a good connection to the road so that you don't feel too isolated. Great power and control when you want it, but drives nicely at low speeds too. So far, it has been very reliable. The only disadvantage is the very poor gas mileage. I have averaged about 18 mpg.