See Also: 2006 Infiniti G35

17 city / 24 hwy

Overall

Love my G35X

by Randy V from East Tennessee | December 1, 2015

I bought my 2006 G35X used in 2011. It had 68K miles on it. Now in Nov of 2015 it has 140K miles. Overall I love driving this car. The electronically controlled AWD makes this by far the most stable AWD I have ever driven. Living in the mountains of east Tennessee, most of my vehicles have 4 wheel or AWD. I have driven Ford, Chevy, GM and Toyota AWD systems and this is far superior in my opinion. The car has lots of power, and great handling, but if you are expecting a very quiet smooth ride like a Lexus this is not your car. It has more of a sports car feel with a little bit more noise and more feedback from the road where other luxury brands I have driven, such as the Lexus isolate you more from the environment. Some people may not like this, for me I prefer the less isolated drive. Thus my friend with a Lexus thinks my car is somewhat loud with a harsher ride, and I don't think his car is fun to drive and it certainly does not handle as well. On the other had if I was going to drive a 1000 miles of interstate I would probably pick is Lexus because it would be more comfortable, but for most of the driving I do I prefer the G35X. In rainy or snowy weather this car would be my choice. And since you never know about the weather, I will stick with this car. You seem so much in control in heavy rain and in snow that other 2-wheel drive cars feel dangerous. The down side to this car (Listen here Infiniti designers) is the seats are not that comfortable. Especially for large people. I am a male that is 6 ft tall and weigh 220 lbs. This is about the maximum size butt that will comfortably fit in the seat. For long drives I put a gel cushion in the seat. My wife won't ride for more than an hour without her get cushion. Part of the problem is the seat controls were mounted in the top edge of the seat instead of on the side or on the console. The makes the seat less flexible at the controls and they put a pressure point on the leg of the wider people. Skinny folks need not worry. The seat could use a little more padding. I believe some of the later models have moved the controls off of the seat. I hoped they made them a little softer too. As far has fuel economy my AWD gets between 21 and 22 MPG. I hear the 2WD models get about 2 MPG better. But for me the increased stability for bad weather conditions is worth the hit. Maintenance wise I have had to do a fair amount of front end and suspension work when it hit 130K. This is not all that unusual, especially for AWD vehicles. Between 130K and 140K miles I replaced tie rod, shocks, front wheel bearings, control arms, transverse link assembly lower on both sides, both steering knuckles and the front right CV shaft. All those parts were about $1900 and labor was about $700 at the Firestone auto care, I am sure you would pay significantly more at the Infinity dealer. Also I should point out that every 80 to 100K miles you should change your transmission and drive train fluids. They require special synthetic lube and it will cost you over $600. You should change transmission, transfer case and both differentials. Yes AWD requires more maintenance. For me the extra cost in worth the added safety. The maintenance costs overall have been less than for my Ford Expedition which has about 160K miles on it. Other than oil, and filter changes the only engine work I have had done was a spark plug replacement at 105K miles. The engine and transmission have always performed flawlessly. The paint still looks great and I plan on putting another 140K miles on this car, unless I come upon the money to upgrade to an Infinity M37 or a Q70. I would recommend this vehicle to those who like to drive as long as your butt is not any bigger than mine.

Audrey did great job!

by B from Denver | October 26, 2015

I love my new car its fast and it fits me! I got a great deal and I will recommend many friends to go and get a sharp ride!

To Infiniti and beyond

by Friend of Fibonacci from Cincinnati, Ohio | April 22, 2014

I researched various cars for an extended period of time with the goal of getting a quality built car, sporty, and faster than my wife's car. I almost bought an Avalon... but the dealer was not willing to deal... and in my search for similar cars... I ran across the Infiniti. I bought a low mileage used G35 with a clean CarFax at a good price and have been very happy. I like the heated memory seats and the memory position for steering column and mirrors. I like the Bose stereo system, the auto/manual transmission, powered sunroof and sunscreen, and my daughter liked the reclining rear seat on a long trip. The quality of the interior finishes rivals a predecessor bmw 528i...there is some plastic.. but the real wood trim and leather makes up for any plastic. The acceleration is comparable to the Nissan Z (same engine... and maybe the same transmission?).. with 0 to 60 in less than 6 seconds (faster than the wife's 3.8 L supercharged Buick Park Avenue). The car has a naturally 'throaty' exhaust system sound. The ride is stiffer / more sporty than I expected.. but I like it. Some buyers will go for the lower end Nissan equivalent... I say spend a little more and get more car..in the Infiniti G35.

money saver

by Tony from Longisland | November 16, 2013

I recommend any one who is looking for a cheap car to go here . Great buy and team work !!!!!! Thank you for making this purchase as easy as pie .

Best car I've Ever Owned!

by Infiniti fanatic! from | July 26, 2013

The 2006 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe is a sexy car with gorgeous lines. Mine was Liquid Silver Metallic and on a daily basis someone would tell me "I love your car!" I did too. Unfortunately, I was involved in a rear-end collision, hitting the back of a '92 pick-up truck at about 35 mph. My gorgeous car was totaled because of all the damage to the front and under the hood. The driver airbag deployed and I walked away without any injury at all. I don't understand why the crash test ratings aren't better. That car took great care of me and I hope to own another some day soon.

not as it looks

by Jan from | April 6, 2013

First of all.. this Guy Lenny is a straight you guys know what! ..cursing and not treating customers, i felt like he doesnt want to do any business. the car which looks spotless in the pics but its not. has a couple dents n the seats had some patches done. guy is not willing to go down on his price

Traded in my Chrysler 300M

by To Infinity and beyond! from New Jersey | October 3, 2012

I was shopping for an used TL when the Acura dealer said- hey- drive this one. I've put 100K miles on it- mostly highway- avg 75-85 mph with confidence. I got a great deal on a 2006 G35, its a tof of line "6MT" rear wheel drive model- all the options, a six speed tranny, love the pop-up Nav and Boise radio. Plus- Very Fast with handling to match. The first time I experienced the 4-wheel steering on an exit ramp it blew my mind- just like a corvette. Long distance drive high comfort, front and rear. Climate controls are excellent. If I'm highway crusing at 70 mph I can get 29mpg, a 425 mile range. Cons- The Rear drive is NG with ANY snow. Rain is fine as long as I've got good rubber. No Audio jacks in '06. No satellite radio. Premium gas only. But all in all, I would certainly go out of my way to buy another 06 G35, I like it far better than the new G37X. My local Infinity dealer is great- not cheap, but you get what you pay for. This is the best car I've ever owned.

Most fun I've had with 4 doors

by G35er from Colorado | March 6, 2012

I purchased my '06 G35 sedan and was immediately blown away by its performance. Most car enthusiasts know the pedigree of the G35/37, as it is sold in Japan as the Nissan Skyline GT350/370 respectively. However in the states, it is marketed more as a luxury car than a sports sedan, which is truly a shame. That being said, the FR version of the car sits firmly into the turns as I quickly accelerate through my local twisty Colorado canyon roads, while the tuned exhaust of the 280hp 6 cylinder roars with its low guttural growl. A grocery-go-getter this car is not. In fact, most owners of this car will eventually find themselves driving with all the windows and moon-roof open just so they can listen to the sound of the tuned exhaust. It looks are rather unassuming with its seriously toned down demeanor since the 2003 overhaul, but the spirit of the car remains intact. And quite frankly, there is something to be said for being able to blow the doors off 95% of the cars on the road, especially the teeny-bopper ricers with their uber spoilers and diffusers. The need for a 4 door car does not mean you have to give up fun or performance. And the heated seats, dual zone A/C, 5 speed auto, and leather interior do it all while keeping you comfortable. Did i mention the heated lumbar support? very nice for long drives... While considering this car, I drove an '05 350xi, an 06 350GS, and an 06 A4 convertible. Hands down, this is the better car for the money with a solid 100bhp over the competition and better handling, save for maybe the 350xi. That however is negligible, especially considering just how much more car this is than the BMW. I generally only drive my cars for 2-3 years before I decide to swap it out and I'm not saying that this car will change that, I am however willing to say that my next car will be another g35/37... Probably the hard top convertible. I am in love, and have new found respect for Nissan.

second choise

by bc from NH. | January 17, 2012

nice comfortable ride for a performance coupe,nimble to drive and reliable. easy to maintain and have serviced.

Infiniti G35

by Dan the man from Huntington | November 23, 2011

I have owned 2 Infiniti G35 great luck with the cars. I would get another one in a heart beat. Great Car

Featured Services for this Infiniti G35x