2013 Infiniti JX35

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love this car!

by Mom of 3 from Indianapolis, IN | April 24, 2014

This car is very spacious and easily fits my three kids in the second row with two booster seats. There is a ton of leg room in the second row as well. The features are really nice and the navigation is great. I can't say anything bad about this car. It drives SO nicely and very smooth. I found the seats to be very comfortable and I am only 5'3" and can adjust the seat so I feel like I can very easily see everything. It feels more like an SUV inside than a typical crossover.

After a year, we are trading it in!

by titan23 from Chicago | March 24, 2014

This SUV is beautiful from the outside but has some huge flaws. The seats are terribly uncomfortable, head rest pushes your head forward and the rounded seats hurt my back no matter how I adjust it . Also, things fall down the side of the seat and you can't get your hand down there to get them out. It really has no pickup, which is concerning when trying to merge into fast traffic. The final reason I am trading it in and will not purchase another Infiniti is that they changed the name (JX to Q) after only a year, making my one year old vehicle obsolete!

Poor performance

by JFells09 from ND | March 7, 2014

I've had my JX 35 for about 4 months and I can honestly say that I'm a bit disappointed. The car looks great the feels nice while driving, but I would have to agree with the other reviews, the transmission is not good. When merging onto the interstate it seems to really bog down between 25-40 mph and you have to really try to punch it to accelerate. Once you do accelerate, it sounds like the car is gong to explode. I had a Mazda CX-9 before and I'm not going to lie, I kind of miss it... Also, the fuel economy is suppose to be great on this SUV, but I've been finding it to be pretty poor in the city... My dash computer is telling me I'm averaging like 13-14 MPG while driving to work throughout the week... Now, I did get the base model without all of the upgrades and add-ons, so maybe the more souped up models have more to distract you from some of the deficiencies...

Great SUV!

by Turbodiesel97 from West Virginia | November 12, 2013

We have had the 2013 Infiniti JX for six months and couldn't be happier. The ride and comfort is second to none. Fuel economy is unreal for a vehicle of this size, we get 22 in the city and have gotten as high as 28 on the highway. The power is sufficient for the JX and the transmission does a fine job. We had an FX before and it obviously is more sport oriented but the JX has no problems accelerating or merging in with traffic. If you want big power or lots of speed get a diesel or a Corvette not the JX. I love the noise cancellation that is emitted to counteract the road noise, I have never been in a vehicle this quiet. The second and third row seating will accommodate me easily and I am over six feet tall, I was amazed during the test drive when the salesman who is six foot five inches got in the back! Don't think for a second this vehicle is cumbersome and won't handle, I have pushed this thing to the limits and can say it will perform in the corners better than most SUVs as well as most cars. Infiniti quality is beyond anything else! Look underneath the JX and when you see the polished billet aluminum used for the bumpers and suspension components as well as the engineering in the braking system you will think you are looking at a custom street rod! The motor mounts are fluid filled to reduce any small vibrations and you can take a wine glass set it on the engine and rev it to the moon and not even move the glass! This is one top notch vehicle that has too many good things to note.

Best Ride For Long Trips

by BobOB from Gig Harbor, WA | November 9, 2013

We just finished a cross country trip putting 8250 miles on the JX. Our vehicle is fully loaded and we are so glad we purchased all the options. The car was incredibly comfortable on our journey. The safety features were really appreciated during driving conditions that included heavy traffic, horrible winds, driving rain and occasional snow. The lane departure intervention and blind spot monitoring were absolutely essential during the worst weather conditions with large trucks blowing past us and obliterating our windshield with their rooster tails. The Infiniti Personal Assistant was used dozens of times to download new routes, find fuel, food and motels, and they could provide accurate weather and road conditions knowing exactly where we were at all times. We have a full size Yakima cargo box, which was fully loaded (along with the car...all seats down and loaded with luggage). During strong head winds and grades our worst milage was 18 but overall, we were getting between 20 and 24 which is fantastic for such a large vehicle. I felt that we had more than enough power and never had a problem on hills. I used the manual shift modes frequently which helped with ascending and descending hills. Most of all, the seats were incredibly comfortable on those 8 to 14 hour days. I know some people complain about the performance vs. other Infiniti models, but this is a touring vehicle and it handles very well on all road surfaces. Slight body roll in sharper turns, but nothing you wouldn't expect in a large vehicle. If you plan on long trips, I highly recommend this vehicle.

Satisfied with purchase

by Family Guy from Opelika, AL | October 23, 2013

We researched extensively and had narrowed our choices to the Infiniti JX35/QX60 or the Acura MDX. We chose the JX35 due to a slightly larger interior space, with more leg room in the 3rd row, and overall feel. The CVT is smooth and I like the option of the "Sport" mode for quicker acceleration. Our model also has all wheel drive, which we liked as a safety feature. We have owned the car for about a month and have been extremely pleased with our purchase. It has already made several trips to out of town soccer games and has performed admirably. I would make the same purchase over again.

Seats are very uncomfortable

by DD from Willow Grove | October 21, 2013

Love the ride of my new JX35, but the seats are so uncomfortable. The headrest pushes my head forward where I feel like my chin is on my chest. I have tried adjusting the seat and cannot get comfortable. Thinking of trading it in for the Acura (which was my second choice when we were looking for a new car).

Poor Performance

by Jon from Pa | September 19, 2013

Car looks great but lacks big time in performance. Yes I know it's not a sport car, but for this price you should be able to merge with confidence. The CVT transmission should be saved for the smaller cars. Don't like the unexpected reving and noise of the engine along with downshifting. The transmission never feels comfortable and constantly hunting. Very unnatural. If you are going to purchase this SUV do yourself a favor and test drive many times. Move the transmission selector switch to all spots. Drive on hills and also merge. Why they put a CVT in this beautiful SUV I will never know. When you pay this price you should be able to look good and go. Period!,,,

Excellent value for money

by MBA from PA | September 17, 2013

We purchase the jx35 last year, best decision we made. We test drive Audi q7, x5 and the Acura, the qx is the best in its class for space and value for money.

Wow, I love it

by Clayhurst from Nashville, TN | August 20, 2013

Just purchased the new Infiniti JX35 and I love it. Compared to the other vehicles in this class this one, well is just in a class of it's own. The technology features are wonderful, the ergonomics are great, it looks much cooler than the boxy offerings from the other companies and the interior is very luxurious. Can't say anything bad about it. I just hope that the reliability is as good as I expect.