2013 Infiniti JX35

18 city / 23–24 hwy

Overall

A great used car!

by SUV Owner from Chandler, AZ | August 31, 2015

I purchased this car used as a replacement for my 2013 Highlander that I leased new. The JX35 is definitely an upgrade and was a great value for the money. I compared it to the MDX, which is also a good vehicle but the seats on the Acura were terrible and looked worn out after just a few thousand miles. The Infinity ride is ultra smooth for an SUV and the interior is dead quiet. Seats are fully adjustable, very comfortable, interior is fantastic, and the whole vehicle just feels solid. Has enough power for getting around town. Lots of extras come standard too. Even though the car is almost 3 years old, it drives like its new. I purchased a 3rd party warranty and it was half the price of a European luxury car. I discovered it's because repairs are less frequent and less costly that certain other luxury brands. I would say that anyone else with significant problems probably had a bad specific vehicle but the car itself is excellent. A great purchase.

Good overall vehicle

by Multipurpose driver from Maryland | July 12, 2015

I've had my JX now for 3 years, 48K miles. There is nothing I have asked this car to do that it hasn't been able to handle. I did get all the upgrades and don't regret it. Regular service performed at the dealership including the all the recalls - but I never experienced any symptoms related to the recalls. The car is smooth and rides very quiet. It is especially good in the rain, hugging the road tightly. OK in the snow. Very few problems. Brake pedal has a little more travel than I was used to in my Lexus, but no real problem. This is a 7 seater, heavy vehicle - it is not a sports car. That said, don't believe those that say the car is under powered or can't accelerate into traffic. That is bunk. The car is plenty powerful enough for a people movers - and is fun to drive if you want to switch to sport mode or manually shift it yourself. In fact, I LIKE the CVT transmission as it is smooth as silk and makes the car feel more luxurious than the jerking transmission in other vehicles. The best feature is the adaptive cruise control. I'll never get another vehicle without it. Mileage in mixed driving is around 20. On the highway, you can realistically get 24-25 on long trips without an issue (premium fuel). GPS screen switches to camera mode when parking, making it a snap to park the large vehicle. Still good life left on tires after 48K miles. With third row of seats down (which is most of time) you can still carry lots of cargo. Servicing the vehicles costs FAR less than what it took to keep the Lex maintained at the dealership. Only issue I had with car is the front camera came slightly out of alignment which caused some funky behavior of the collision avoidance system, causing seat belt to tension. Dealer fixed first try. Loaded, tax and tags, this car on the road was around 58K new. This one is a keeper.

DO NOT PURCHASE THIS CAR!!!

by JW from WV from Morgantown WV | April 7, 2015

I purchased my JX 35 in September 2014. The car has been nothing but a nightmare. I understand vehicles have issues and recalls happen but I have never had issues like the one my JX 35 is giving me. The Passenger side airbag does not consistently detect adult passengers and shuts off. I have had it back to the dealership 3 times to be fixed and still it does not work. The airback system was recalled and the recall work was performed but I still have the same issue. The fuel gage also does not work correctly. The dealership has replaced the floater and most recently the entire dashboard system trying to fix the issue but the day after I got the car back it was doing the same thing. I called Infinity to report the issues and asked them to buyback my vehicle and they indicated I should just keep trying to get it fixed as it is undeer warranty and that maybe I should take it ot a diffeent dealership. The next closest Infinity Dealership is 4 hours away!!! Buyers beware. This car is junk. Read reviews and reports on the NTSB website. I am not alone on these problems and they continue to occur. Infinity (Nissan) does not back up there product!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish I NEVER purchased this vehicle.

by Lynn from Los Angeles | February 2, 2015

I was a previous Lexus Owner and was looking for a new car to accommodate my 14 year old son who is 6'4. Was excited to purchase the Jx but after having it 3 months and traveling from So Cal to Oregon with my children the dash went out. I couldn't tell how fast I was going nor how much gas I had left. I called my home dealer in monrovia only to be hung up on 4 times. needless to say I was livid! After locating the nearest dealer in Modesto I drove about 30 min not knowing if i would make it because of gas, Arrived at dealer was told id have to rent a car and pick mine up when it was done. one week later my car was ready. One month after getting my car back my radio and air went out. not to mention weather stripping coming off vehicle and the rear seat being lose. Its been one issue after another. I miss my Lexus and would never recommend Infiniti. the service department is terrible and there is nothing luxurious about this car or dealer. Very disappointed. Ive been able to save some friends from not making the terrible choice I did by buying an Infiniti.

RPM rev up during idle or stop

by Unhappy Infiniti Owner in SoCal from Orange County, Ca | September 30, 2014

I bought the car brand new. The car looked nice and comfortable. After driving for about 3 months, I noticed that the car started to rev up (RPM revving) during idle or stops. I reported the issue to Infiniti and they said it was normal because the A/C was running. I tested it without the A/C running and it was still doing it. I then brought it back for a recall that I forgot what it was for, hoping that they would fix this issue. Still no luck. I then brought it back again to report that the rpm was still revving. They asked us to do the 30K mile service, so we did. After taking our car back, it was good for about a week or so and then it happened again! We reported the issue again. I recorded the sound for Infiniti to hear, but they did not care about it. They asked us if we wish to have a certified Infiniti engineer to investigate and we said 'yes'. They then changed their mind and told us to take our car to another Infiniti shop. I don't recommend this car because it does not feel like a luxury SUV. My next car will be a Lexus again. I used to own a Lexus SUV and it was SMOOOOOTHHHHHHH. My friend was in my Lexus at one time and she told me if the engine was running. I told her 'yes'.

Infiniti JX35

by Lady Pearl from Raleigh | August 24, 2014

I have been very pleased. My husband is 6'4". The leg room is outstanding in both the front and back seats.

Love this car!

by Mom of 3 from Indianapolis, IN | April 24, 2014

This car is very spacious and easily fits my three kids in the second row with two booster seats. There is a ton of leg room in the second row as well. The features are really nice and the navigation is great. I can't say anything bad about this car. It drives SO nicely and very smooth. I found the seats to be very comfortable and I am only 5'3" and can adjust the seat so I feel like I can very easily see everything. It feels more like an SUV inside than a typical crossover.

After a year, we are trading it in!

by titan23 from Chicago | March 24, 2014

This SUV is beautiful from the outside but has some huge flaws. The seats are terribly uncomfortable, head rest pushes your head forward and the rounded seats hurt my back no matter how I adjust it . Also, things fall down the side of the seat and you can't get your hand down there to get them out. It really has no pickup, which is concerning when trying to merge into fast traffic. The final reason I am trading it in and will not purchase another Infiniti is that they changed the name (JX to Q) after only a year, making my one year old vehicle obsolete!

Poor performance

by JFells09 from ND | March 7, 2014

I've had my JX 35 for about 4 months and I can honestly say that I'm a bit disappointed. The car looks great the feels nice while driving, but I would have to agree with the other reviews, the transmission is not good. When merging onto the interstate it seems to really bog down between 25-40 mph and you have to really try to punch it to accelerate. Once you do accelerate, it sounds like the car is gong to explode. I had a Mazda CX-9 before and I'm not going to lie, I kind of miss it... Also, the fuel economy is suppose to be great on this SUV, but I've been finding it to be pretty poor in the city... My dash computer is telling me I'm averaging like 13-14 MPG while driving to work throughout the week... Now, I did get the base model without all of the upgrades and add-ons, so maybe the more souped up models have more to distract you from some of the deficiencies...

Great SUV!

by Turbodiesel97 from West Virginia | November 12, 2013

We have had the 2013 Infiniti JX for six months and couldn't be happier. The ride and comfort is second to none. Fuel economy is unreal for a vehicle of this size, we get 22 in the city and have gotten as high as 28 on the highway. The power is sufficient for the JX and the transmission does a fine job. We had an FX before and it obviously is more sport oriented but the JX has no problems accelerating or merging in with traffic. If you want big power or lots of speed get a diesel or a Corvette not the JX. I love the noise cancellation that is emitted to counteract the road noise, I have never been in a vehicle this quiet. The second and third row seating will accommodate me easily and I am over six feet tall, I was amazed during the test drive when the salesman who is six foot five inches got in the back! Don't think for a second this vehicle is cumbersome and won't handle, I have pushed this thing to the limits and can say it will perform in the corners better than most SUVs as well as most cars. Infiniti quality is beyond anything else! Look underneath the JX and when you see the polished billet aluminum used for the bumpers and suspension components as well as the engineering in the braking system you will think you are looking at a custom street rod! The motor mounts are fluid filled to reduce any small vibrations and you can take a wine glass set it on the engine and rev it to the moon and not even move the glass! This is one top notch vehicle that has too many good things to note.