We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2005 Infiniti Q45

2005 Infiniti Q45
Available in 1 styles:  2005 Infiniti Q45 4dr Sedan shown

17 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Pick one up now, while you still can!

by Mike from Chicago, IL | October 2, 2015

Purchased this vehicle with about 190k on the odometer for a relative. It was all highway miles from Indiana to Florida, (retiree snow-birds.) True of any Infiniti, if you maintain it, it'll last to 300k. That's they key with this particular car. If you don't do basic maintenance, it WILL fall apart fast. If you give it basic love and attention, it will reward you for hundreds of thousands of miles. I have a much newer Infiniti M35X, and I generally prefer to ride in this one. Smoothness is rivaled only by a Cadillac Fleetwood. Yet it manages to stay compliant and unbelievably fast if need be. The seats in this last gen Q are literally as comfortable, if not more, than you would find in a living room. Highway mileage is actually better than the '05 EPA estimate! We average 23-26hwy, with city being the downfall of any V8, but still at a respectable 16-18. The interior components looked nice in 02-06, but if you get the Tan like we have, make SURE you clean the inside regularly, and thoroughly. It can look so dirty, so fast, for no reason. Don't cheap out when it's time to buy brakes either. It's a very heavy car, and all you'll do is set yourself up to have them done again within the year. If you do a tremendous amount of highway driving, this one is for you. Even my Lexus can't hold a candle to the Q in terms of plush comfort on longer trips. Switch to synthetic oil if you haven't already. We try to go 5k between changes, and for 203k on the car now, there isn't a single oil leak. If you don't stay on top of the oil, it will leak, and you will be very mad and sad at the shop. The Tech is still outdated (carried over from the 2002 launch) but it does the job with standard Nav, and ours has Sat radio. If you're lucky enough to find a premium with heated/ventilated front seats, heated rear seats, power sunshade, power reclining rear seats, GRAB IT! They're especially rare on the 05s. All around wonderful car if you can find a well maintained example...

Review of 2005 Q45

by Rick from AZ | February 25, 2011

It's a great car, but I knew that before I bought it. I've never had any problems with an Infiniti I've owned.

Love This Car

by Hot Rodder from Richmond, VA | October 5, 2010

Car drives wonderfully. Love the color and cleanliness of the vehicle. Handles well in traffic. Nice luxury car.

Sad Disappointment

by NeverAgain from San Antonio, TX | October 12, 2009

It was with great enthusiasm that I bought my gently pre-owned 2005 Q45, the car was a one owner 2 1/2 year old beauty with low miles and what seemed like every conceivable feature. Within weeks I knew that I had made a horrible decision. In the first 6 months of ownership the car was in the Infiniti dealership 11 times for a total of 35 days. Luckily it was still under warranty as I was given copies of the repair receipts that showed manufacturer repairs exceeding $10,000. Besides the issues that arose, it was clear that Infiniti had rushed this car into production and that even 4 model years into the manufacturing process that many of the "bugs" had yet to be worked out. Even simple functional items like the rear doors having a 5 second delay to unlock (really irritating in the rain), the nav screen going blank until the car was restarted, the heated/cooled seats never were able to be fixed plus a nonresponsive auto-shifter and a loud brake noise that the dealer was never able to repair. Of the dozens of cars that I have owned this was the most expensive and the second worst in reliability or quality (The first being my 1994 Chrysler LHS). I owned a number of Nissans back in the 80's and early 90's and found them to be amazing cars and I actually would have traded my 05 Q45 for my 1989 Nissan Maxima. I try to never say never, but it is unlikely that I would be able to bring myself to buy another Nissan/Infiniti. For my friends that were considering it, I suggested that they go and sit in an Infiniti Service Center and talk to other owners before buying.

Much Better Car Than Competition!

by Convert in San Antonio from San Antonio TX | January 22, 2008

After owning Audis and BMWs for years I decided to test drive the Japanese competition. The Infiniti impressed me not only with its full complement of amenities but also the intangible pleasure-to-drive feeling that one becomes accustomed to in a German car. I did not like the Lexus LS430 at all, it felt cold and impersonal, the Acura RL was very nice but lacked the high end extras of the Infiniti or Lexus. Just for kicks I test drove the Lincoln MKZ and Cadillac STS both of which were fine automobiles but felt cheap and unfinished compared to the Audi or Infiniti. I have had my car awhile now and love it just as much as when I drove it home for the first time...

Featured Services for this Infiniti Q45