2014 Infiniti Q50

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great Driver - Tech needs some help

by rkodali from Stamford, CT | August 16, 2014

The title says it all...the car is fantastic but the tech is very glitchy I must say. The drive is fantastic but some times you need to perform a reboot to get the systems working properly. I am confident that there will be software patches to resolve these issues. By the way don't listen to car and driver or motortrend. They don't really understand what consumers want anymore.

The Future of Cars

by JackBauerJr from Jacksonville, FL | July 30, 2014

The title sums it up. This car is forward thinking and you need to understand that when testing this car. The adaptive steering is NEW and different compared to mechanical steering. It's electronic technology. It's NEW tech and absolutely amazing. You have to learn to let the car drive you a little. However, you can turn off all the tech and take some serious turns when you need to. All features are on a toggle, turn then ON / OFF as you wish. Performance, this car is absolutely amazing! I test drove literally every luxury car before buying and decided on this specifically for the technologies under the hood and in my dash. It's the future. This car looks sleek and mean on the road. Drive in front of one and see if you don't find yourself staring into those headlights. It WILL get you noticed and unending compliments! Enjoy this car for what it's worth. DO NOT just take it around the block for a test drive, hit the interstate, let the salesperson turn the features on and off for you. You have to PLAY with this car a little before you decide, there's a lot to offer. I am incredibly happy with my purchase, I offer to get all the groceries, dinner, etc. just so I can drive it again. Enjoy the future of cars!

great car

by bobman from san mateo, ca | July 11, 2014

excellent car wish I could have afforded all of the fabulous upgrades. smoother than the g37 it replaced. more torque. looks better too

Could be a Great Car, but Extras Ruin It

by db26 from Houston, TX | July 10, 2014

The Q50 has the potential to be a terrific choice in the rear-wheel-drive sport sedan segment. The handling of the "S" model in particular is pretty good for a sport-tuned vehicle, with great cornering and a flat ride that’s not too stiff. With the standard steering system and not the Direct Adaptive Steering, aka “steer-by-wire” (more to come on that), the steering is precise and has a nice weighted feel to it. If you were to buy a base model or “S” model without any option packages, then I think you will be a happy owner and consider this as a 5-star car. It’s the extra features that ruin the Q50. If you read most negative reviews of the Q50, you will notice the great majority of them complain about the Q50’s tech features like the Direct Adaptive Steering (DAS) system or the InTouch infotainment system. Those reviews are right on. Both systems have flaws and it is obvious Infiniti should not have put in a production vehicle quite yet. I’m not going to elaborate too much on the issues since others have already said them, and I can confirm that I experience the same issues as others have written about. Unfortunately, InTouch is standard on all Q50 cars, so even the base Q50 model comes plagued with issues in regards to the audio system or climate controls. Also, Infiniti has structured their option packages in such a way that to get some simple options like memory seats or a fold-down seatback, you HAVE to also get DAS. One other negative that I haven’t seen mentioned is the trunk space. Again, Infiniti poorly designed the trunk that the spare tire (an extra option) takes up a significant amount of the trunk’s depth. As a result, the trunk is very shallow and can barely fit large items like a large suitcase. I’m fortunate that I leased my 2014 Q50 and am already looking forward to returning it next year. If Infiniti can make the DAS a truly optional feature (and not tied into any option packages), plus resolve the issues with InTouch and make it stable then I would consider leasing another Q50. Otherwise, I will be moving to a different brand.

Glad I bought this car

by 240 Zweet from North Carolina | July 2, 2014

I bought the premium, with leather, 19 in summer tires and nav but none of the high tech toys. The ride is smooth. It handles great. Comfortable car. The stereo is great. The in car technology works great even though it is a bit slow to start up. It is easy to use - and I have used it a lot and I am not tech savvy. I had to choose between Q50 and new Lexus is350 and ultimately decided on the Q50 - and I am really glad I did. Everyone who rides with me is pleasantly surprised.

Infiniti should be embarrassed

by Sucker from Baton Rouge, La | July 1, 2014

Have had this vehicle for 6 months and continue to have issues with the intouch system. Have brought it back to the dealer twice and I am now convinced that they have no clue as what to do to resolve the issues. Called Infiniti consumer hot line and that was a complete joke. If the intouch worked properly it would be a great car, but it doesn't!

Q50 Needs Software Enhancements

by Dirty Harry from Ontario, Canada | June 26, 2014

I purchased my Q50 with the technology and premium package in September 2013. I like the look and the car drives great. I like the fact that there is more interior room since I am over 6'. The car is quiet on the road and the transmission shifts much more smoothly than my previous 2010 G37X. My issues are with the direct steering technology which I had problems with in cold weather and was finally corrected after numerous visits to the dealership. There are a lot of software apps giving you the ability to customize your displays. However, It will take you days trying to find them all and figure out what they do, even with the huge manuals. My other issues are the fact that it takes up to a minute to load everything after you start your car. On at least two occasions, I could not adjust the radio volume either from the steering wheel or on the console and I had to shut off the car and restart it to be able to adjust the volume. This may have been due to my trying to adjust the volume before all of the software loaded but I am not sure. Also, when I start the car, the main bottom apps screen goes back to the standard menu instead of where I left it when I shut off the car. Also, when the Maintenace Other message appears on the display screen on the front dash behind the steering wheel, I tried to make the warning message disappear by going into the Setttings, Meter, Maintenance, Other screen and disable Show Alerts but this function does not work! The dealer could not fix it either and just extended the mileage bar instead. I will see if that works. Also, when you display the list of your USB songs when playing them and then go to the radio or shut off your car and access your USB songs again, the list starts at the beginning again and not at the song you are at on the list so you have to scroll down the list till you find your song. I could go on but I think you get my drift. The software requires more work! I am hoping that they upgrade the software to deal with the 'bugs'.

I love my Q50. Definitely a Premium Vehicle.

by Captain from Augusta , GA | June 18, 2014

I recently purchased my Q50 at the end of May at Infiniti in Augusta. What a great experience. Byron made this purchase effortless. He gave me top dollar for my trade based on buying tracker. So helpful while I was getting my windows tinted and a slight modification to my new vehicle. Infiniti (Byron) provided me a Q50S to drive until my Q50 was ready for pickup. The Q50S is the sports edition all I can say is Wow. If I wasn't trying to save I would have chosen the sports edition not to take away from my Q50. Q50 is a premium luxury vehicle, very roomy, and the ride is extremely smooth. I have to watch the speed doesn't feel like I'm going over the speed limit. The q50 still has a sporty look and I'm always getting complements from men and women. Nice ride Big Money. You would be surprised the cost is very affordable and plenty of features are included Bluetooth pandora heated seats usb navigation etc. SOS is similar to onstar but a real person. I am still learning all the features and enjoying ever moment. I wish I would have purchased this vehicle years ago. Too nice I always thought it was outside my price range but was I surprise it was affordable and didn't have to pay just for the name with less features. Thank you infiniti and thank you Byron I will definitely pass the word and recommend to my friends!!!!!! This is a must drive you will be sold.

Great Car but software needs improvement

by AJ from Saskatoon SK. Canada | April 2, 2014

We bought our 2014 Q50 in October and started out for a 7500 mile winter trip from Saskatoon Canada to the west coast and down to Los Angeles on the Pacific Highway. Five months in Palm Springs and then home on Interstate 15. I was impressed with the handling and power. The NAV got us through LA but went blank before Palm Springs. Luckily we new the road. The NAV failed several more times and the Bose system locked up when using our iPod. It stuck on one line and we had to pull over and shut of the car before it would stop. No controls would work until we stopped and the repeating noise was terrible. That could of been dangerous if we weren't on the open road. On the way home the NAV was good on the major roads but many secondary highways were not even on the map. Thankfully we had maps and an iPhone with Google Maps on it. One other complaint is that it takes so long to boot up the systems when you start the car. I love the cars power, comfort and good mileage. It just needs some work on the tech systems.

Not bad but needs some work

by Goforit from New Jersey | March 27, 2014

I have the Infinit Q50S Hybrid AWD fully loaded. If you are buying this car a few things you need to know. After driving it for a week, the handling on the car is ok, I usually drive without the safety shield (the lane departure, auto braking, etc.) as I am not used to the car braking and steering for me. Infiniti has put a lot of tech into this car but a few quirks that need to be worked out. The braking is very hard, because of the regenerative braking the car jerks a lot when you are coming to a stop. I have not had an issue with the DAS. It doesn't really bother me, but some people hate it. The acceleration is quick but it takes a few seconds to accelerate. We used to own a lexus hybrid and the acceleration was instant with the electric motor. Infiniti has not perfected this yet, and when you floor it the car hesitates and then takes off like a rocket. The infiniti touch screen is nice but it takes a moment when you are using it. The software is not as seamless as your iPhone. The menu system is a bit annoying. It takes 3-5 sub menus to save an address in your address book. The rated combined mpg is 30 but I am getting closer to 20mpg. I expected to get less than the 30mpg rated but I thought I would get around 25, not 20mpg. Overall its a nice car, we bought it because you won't find another hybrid sport awd sedan. It looks great with the 19in rims, the sound system is nice and its a very smooth ride. The back seat is roomy for a smaller sedan, plus the trunk space is big enough to fit our stroller even with the battery in the trunk.