2014 Infiniti Q50

Available in 6 styles:  2015 Infiniti Q50 4dr AWD Sedan shown

Overall

There are better alternatives

by Business Owner from London, UK | April 5, 2016

I've come from BMWs and Audis and have been using a Q50 as a company car for some time. By comparison to its German competitors, it's a commendable attempt, but lets itself down on so many small things. The Active Lane Control, is a nice idea, but in reality doesn't work consistently and is often interfering. The power is reasonable (I've had a 2.2 Diesel), but the engine is harsh, noisy and I can't help feeling like I'm driving a London Cab from the sound of it! Handling is good providing the assists are turned off (as they can sometimes interfere). The interior is pleasant, extremely comfortable, ergonomically designed and gadget-rich. Lots of storage and practical storage items. Economy and performance are impressive though not as good as the 3 Series in my experience. Over-all the car was good, though felt as though it lacked the thought, attention to detail and build quality of its competitors. It's almost like Nissan looked at the German competition, took note of what it considered to be their formula for a luxury car and tried to copy it. They took an average car, added an interpretation of the classic design cues, added lots of leather, put in an average engine tuned to "deliver" power, put in lots of a substance that tries to look like leather and ... hey presto, instant "luxury car"....not quite Affiniti! Many would like this car I'm sure, there's nothing really that wrong with it, but considering the years of experience Nissan has in the motor industry, it's as my old history teacher would have said "good, but could do better if tried"

love the car i wish technology worked!

by love the car hate the technology or lack of it from new york | November 23, 2015

I love the look drive and comfort of the car. Unfortunatley the technology is terrible the dealer told me infiniti had hoped to have apple tech but at last minute had to "stick in microsoft. the apps take 2=-3 minutes to load on startup--cant turn on/off radio change stations, the back up cameralines do not work nor can you use any apps. With apple phone no text now my phone cannt make or recieve calls from car I await tech update they cannot fix

A disappointment

by MyLastInfiniti from Portland, OR | July 23, 2015

This Q50 AWD is my second Infiniti, and it will be my last. As many other reviewers have noted, the main problem is the inTouch electronics. The engine is strong, although it sounds a bit harsh and strained at upper RPMs, the car looks good and is pretty comfortable. However, every time I interact with the car via inTouch, it seems something is either slow, buggy, or doesn't work. This bit of electronics is simply not ready for prime time. I cannot possibly list each problem I've had, but just the latest was today, I noticed some of the "apps" have simply disappeared. Not user apps mind you, but software that is supposed to be part of the car, such as the maintenance reminders, etc. They were there a few weeks ago, and today I went to check remaining miles to oil change, and its just......gone. I've had this car just over a year and a half, and it has been in the shop cumulatively for almost a month. Starting with needing the entire inTouch computer replaced after owning the car less than a month. Even the dealership, who are very nice, have admitted that I got a bad apple. I have opened a complaint with Infiniti consumer affairs, and they were also nice, but basically said "too bad so sad" and would not do anything to get me out of this car. Avoid this car like the plague.

Unbelievably..................dissapointing.

by 3rd Infiniti from St. Louis, Mo. | July 1, 2015

I have leased 2 Infiniti G's previous to this car. As the other reviewers have noted, the experience is very, very disappointing. The radio and other amenities are very slow to load. The backup camera warning signal goes off when there are snow flurries. It will, inadvertantly, erase all my radio settings. I will receive messages on the screen that make no sense. They increased my original monthly payment after the first month. They said that was due to a "miscalculation" that Infiniti finance calculated. I will say it is a great looking car but I don't think I would ever drive another Infiniti.

Buy something else

by unhappy consumer from Paramus, NJ | June 20, 2015

18 months driving this car and counting the days to the end of the lease. The electronics, including the radio, are glacially slow to respond and undependable as well. Various individual electronic functions fail to work when the car is started. (navigation, radio, bluetooth). The run flat tires are incredibly fragile and expensive ... I've just replaced my 6th flat tire in 18 months at about $450 a piece. The seats are too wide. The plugs are buried way down in the center console under my elbow. Very little passenger storage space. I can go on and on.

InTouch is Out of Touch

by Mandhamguy from Mendham, NJ | May 30, 2015

I've had my Q50 for a year and a half. Traded in my G37X for a 39 month lease. The InTouch screen is the number one fault with the car. Slow to respond, predictive lines don't appear on backup camera until at least 2 minutes, so the minute I start up the car and back out of my garage I'm reminded how slow and unresponsive the InTouch is. As a number of other reviews stated, hardly any of the settings you can customize stay put. Nearly everything resets to default when you turn the car off. The seats are wide and flat, not hugging like they were in the G. The various drive settings are indistinct. Fuel economy is worse than the G and the ride is just not as enjoyable as the G's. I don't know if the run-flat tires have contributed to it, but the Q doesn't hug the road as well as the G did. I feel the exterior of the car is exciting and it's probably the main reason I upgraded from my G. Don't just a car by it's exterior. Very disappointing car. I absolutely hate the InTouch screen. Give me buttons I can feel without taking my eyes off the road. Unless there are major changes to this, I'll be looking at other brands come the end of 39 months.

Beware of the technology

by Multi inifiniti owner from new england | May 12, 2015

Like many others, the car looks sharp and handles well. The technology is were the issues come in....come in a big way. Not sure if the rushed it to get to the market but it cuts out on a regular basis. I believe I have every option possible or close to it). I am on my second Q 50 as the first one's sensor system went of on the NJ Turnpike and they couldn't fix it (good news...no battle on getting a second car...they went out of their way). The second one has had its seat rocker replace twice, mic for phone replaced (sounded like a wind tunnel when on hands free). Replacement parts take an eternity to come in. My prior car was an M35x. Except for regular maintenance, it had ZERO visits to the shop. Again, handles well...looks sharp but technology is miserable.

Big disappointment

by Snapper from Murrieta,CA | May 3, 2015

I've owned the Q50 for a little over a year now and I'm pretty disappointed. After only 2 months of having the car, the entire Intouch unit had to be replaced because the dealer could not figure out how t fix all the bugs. Even after the new was installed, I continue to have problems. The backup camera fails to load at all sometimes, other times it's just a white screen, not to mention that it takes about 2-3 minutes just to load the predictive course lines. Just recently I had to have the hood struts replaced, something I never had to replace on any car I ever owned. The interior is nice and it's a good-looking car, but that's about where it ends. Steer clear of this car!

A great, bad tech

by ab201 from California | March 25, 2015

I have owned the Q50 premium for about 6 months now. Love the the power, handling and the interior of the car. HATE the buggy software in this car. The software on this car is simply not ready for a production car. The radio intermittently cuts off and you have to turn the car off and on to reset it. Rear view camera get stuck in the on mode even when you are driving forward. The clock and user preference savings get reset when resetting the trip computer. The save user preferences is almost useless since it doesn't really save all your settings. Why have the ability to select you driving mode preference in user preference when it always defaults to standard? And what does the dealer say about all these bugs? They are extremely nice but ..."sorry but we cant duplicate the problem" except the last one i mentioned. An awesome car that could have been but isn't.

Hottest Infiniti Ever!

by Infiniti Loyalist from Scottsdale, AZ | March 19, 2015

I recently traded in my G35 Coupe and decided to go with a 39 month lease this time on the Q50 premium. Now I am not sure why all these people are whining about Intouch. The fact that you can even download apps into your console without having to go to the dealership is absolutely a big step forward in the fact that as more apps become available my entertainment will be just how I want it not how they made it. Usually whatever the car has is all you get with no way to customize the applications available. I dont have Nav and yet i STILL get two touch screens which are larger then anything else out right now. This car is a forward thinking example of the future and I absolutely love everything about it. Plus I have a 24 hour concierge that comes with my lease to make dinner reservations, ask the population of Texas, or even what the final score was on today's Seahawks game. For free!!!! Absolutely thrilled with everything they have done with this new addition to the already amazing Infiniti Line!