2002 Infiniti QX4

Available in 2 styles:  2002 Infiniti QX4 4dr 4x4 shown

15 city / 18–19 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

COULD BE "THE MOST PERFECT SUV EVER MADE"!

by GuitarNation from Mount Pleasant SC | July 13, 2014

Bought a 2002 with 110K on it not long ago. Have either been in or driven lots of SUV's & have spent extensive time in a BMW X5 & the Infiniti QX4 has it beat in every way possible! Interior is as nice a place to be as any given Jaguar, & we all know the British understand luxury. As a "wood-guy", the real, honest to you-know-who maple is welcome as compared to Series 3 Toyota 4Runner LTD dark walnut that I think is plastic, though my memory may be a bit foggy on that point. If the British understand luxurious interiors, the Japanese understand reliability, especially in the engine department. In one form or another the Nissan V-6 in the QX4 made Ward's list of "Top 10 Engines" for something like 10 years. A few minutes behind the wheel & you will know that something special & dead-reliable lurks under the hood. Workmanship & attention to detail is great. Fuel mileage is about average & is probably better than most want to admit because I get better mileage in this than my brother gets in his X5. At least as far as the '02 QX4, it could well be "The Most Perfect SUV Ever Made"!

Best car I've ever owned

by love it from Southaven, MS | July 7, 2013

I bought it used in 07 with 85k on it. I've since put another 100k on it. Still no major problems, just tires, brakes and routine maintenance. Good road manners, comfortable inside, and I'm 6'3". Like others said, if they still made this I'd buy another one. It has spoiled me. Now that it's time for a new car, I'm having to look at the top of the line luxury suv's to find something I might like as much. If you can find a low millage, clean one still, snap it up, you'll be happy!

Good used suv

by Regular Dad from Burlington, VT | November 14, 2011

Bought this used off a lease with 40K miles on it. Drove it to 130K miles over the next 6 years. No real issues at all until I hit 120K miles. Tiny bit of rust showing. But then multiple, expensive repairs to the point I had to trade it in. But great car till 120K. Awesome in the snow of northern New England. Smooth ride for an SUV. Low gas mileage. Good towing. I was happy with what I got out of it all things considered. I don't live near an Infiniti dealer so warranty and recall service was a pain. I would buy again.

1 Sweet Ride

by The "Z" Man from Southern New England | May 18, 2011

Hi, is the QX4 the SUV to get...Heck yea! It's quick (auto tranny only) + smooth enough to take to the highway or city. Plenty of torque to pull four adults with several bags of luggage. For backyard mechanics: Take note that if you replace all six spark plugs... make 3-4 hours of time available. The worst one needs a throttle body removed with 6 mm hex drive. Have a 10mm socket, 1/4 in.+ 3/8 in. ratchet plus a calm day. Only parts needed are plugs. Forget the 105,000 mile service listed in owners manual. If you wait that long, you'll have longer startups, poorer mileage + a rough winter drive. I recommend Nippondenso Iridium plugs installed at 75-80,000 miles! Original plugs were platinum but use only Iridium for easier starts/better mileage!! Trust me on this. I took four hours, using anti-seize to coat all thread surfaces to ease the next service. Owned the vehicle for a few months + found it to be reliable. Infiniti should have continued this model for three more years at least! If you owned a Rodeo, older Nissan Pathfinder, Explorer, etc. you will see the difference in quality + joy of owning a newer model QX4. Not for hardcore off-roading. The ride is fairly smooth + cornering is better than older Pathfinders or any Rodeo! The selectable all-wheel drive is a blast to use in snow/heavy rains!! Leave it in all wheel in any weather condition. It runs rear wheel drive until it detects slippage, then it adds more traction gradually to the front axle! Undetectable! If you're lucky, you'll have a moonroof, front/rear heated seats and limited slip rear axle!! Try to find that in a Toyota Forerunner that is over four years old!! The vehicle is fairly well thought out with nice touches everywhere. You may find one with a premium package with the wood/ leather (real maple wood) steering wheel with audio controls on it + dual auto programable leather front drivers seat located on door trim! It's modern day fancy, w/o adding nonsense gadgets. The exterior is basic with odd looking tri-shaped alloys + strange bumper/grille!! The brakes are powerful + work well. The headlights raise up/down with 3 position dash switch, for when rear cargo area is overloaded. Had other SUVs + find this to be well thought out! The 2001 had new model growing pains, the 2002 is the sweetheart + 2003 (with fly by wire throttle) that got a premium package made standard finally! I would chose 2002/3 + stay clear of 2001 unless no nice 2002/3's were available. Not saying it's bad, just not as good as final two years. Overall I give this a very solid 9.0 on a ten scale. That is very good praise for any vehicle. Would have liked more mpg's, less odd alloys, easier plug replacement, but any car has some vices...here they are quite minor. You may get different model SUV, but reliablity + qualitywise... this stands above the rest...even the replacement QX56! One problem exists; finding one in good shape! I found many to be damaged (hidden) or rusting. Watch out: just below the radiator as seen through the bottom of massive cooling opening on front bumper, the two inch frame support, look at it below/above!! Have your purchase checked for rust/accidents! Remember CarFax,etc. don't show non-reportable accidents!! Trust thisl!! Any QX4 traded to Infiniti gets grabbed by mechanics/salesmen!! They're getting very RARE! In 2002, two option packages are available: Heated seats or Premium package. Thanks to cars.com, research was best on this site!!! Good luck with your hunt! Expect to pay a premium... the dealers know this vehicle. Mileage is 14-18 mpg avg with 50/50 hiway/city. Gas tank is 21.1 gallons. It's a 4300 lb. vehicle! A very safe car with LOTS of airbags. You may use regular instead of premium gas, doesn't ping! 1 Sweet Ride.

What a great car

by 4kids from | September 1, 2010

We bought our 2002 QX4 pre-owned and have loved it for another 50,000 miles. If we could somehow add a third row for our growing family, we'd drive it another 100.000.

Awesome Vehicle

by CPNeily from Hattiesburg, MS | July 21, 2010

I bought this truck used still under factory warranty with forty four thousand miles. I now have about eighty thousand. I love the look from the outside to the inside. The ride is very good. I think it has plenty of power to do whatever you may need.

02 QX4

by drcas from NC | March 22, 2010

Brought new in 03. Have had 2 problems in 136K miles. Awesome reliability. Starting to use a lot of gas.

Amazing Bang for the Buck!

by KeithUofO from Eugene, Oregon | August 6, 2009

I purchased my '02 used with 73k miles on it. I have now put 3k miles on it and I couldnt ask for a greater car. 240hp V6 power. Luxury options such as the Bose 6cd stereo and navigation system. Great Xenon headlights that LIGHT up the road. Practical in every way here in the northwest. Nissan reliability. The only, and I mean only, downside to the car is the city gas mileage (Better on the highway). Other than that I LOVE this car. Wish they still built it. You cant go wrong with an '01-'03 Infiniti QX4!

In Love

by XQ ME from Germantown, TN | February 23, 2009

I bought my "02 used from the original owner who took EXCELLENT care of the vehicle. If I couldn't see the mileage, I would swear I have a new car!! Wish the heated seats were a little warmer, and wish it had a little more "pep" but such very minor things to complain about in the scheme of things. At almost 7 years old and 66k on it, this car is better than any car I've EVER owned. I'd buy it new if Infiniti still made it.

Wish Nissan would bring this one back

by Luv my Q from Jackson, MS | June 28, 2007

Purchased my '02 used in '05 and have been well satisfied. If Nissan/Infiniti would bring this back, I would buy a new one when ready to trade.

Featured Services for this Infiniti QX4