2010 Infiniti QX56

2010 Infiniti QX56
Available in 2 styles:  2010 Infiniti QX56 4dr 4x4 shown

12 city / 17–18 hwy

Overall

The only vehicle for a tall family on-or-off-road

by Tall Driver & Family Needs Spacious Vehicle from Spokane, WA | March 27, 2015

I'm over 6'7", and my teenage boys 6'2, 6'3", & 6'4" (and still growing). I had to find a vehicle that at the least we all 4 could fit in without our knees being crushed. In 2012 this left 2 (okay 3 sort of) vehicles on the market: a specific configuration of the F-150 Ford pickup, the Nissan Armada, and the 2010 Infiniti QX56. I tried over 80 vehicles before, Cadillac, Ford, GMC, Mercedes, BMW, Hummer, vans, cars, trucks, minivans, sedans, etc. _IF_ I could fit in the front seat (very few with my 39.5" inseam legs), there was only room behind me for a tiny baby. The F-150 was the least expensive (1/2 the price of the Armada or QX56), with far better gas mileage with the ecoboost engine, but was very long (nightmare to think of parking it downtown), and the rear seats did not recline, and I haven't need a pickup truck in many years (I've owned 5). The boys and I go on many road, camping, and outdoor trips, as well as running errands around town daily, and I'm a recreation therapist, so I often take groups of youth on many activities, so seating at least 6 was beneficial. Unlike ALL the other vehicles on the market at the time, Nissan was thinking, and sacrificed cargo space to make the third row actually useable by a human being! Even many of the minivans didn't seem to get this concept. The vehicle is now around 120,000+ miles. As is known for these heavy vehicles it "eats brakes", I regularly have to replace the pads and have the rotors turned, but not more than excepted for such a heavy vehicle. Overall a good all around vehicle. not as sporty as some, and not as workhorse as other, and not as luxurious as yet others, but instead is "good" in all the categories. I have taken it on some very gnarly real wilderness trips, off roading, treacherous back roads, including over roads completely washed out by spring runs, that jeeps were stuck trying to cross, in the Loon Creek Frank Church River or No Return Wilderness of Idaho over 9,000' above sea level, and long road trips between Washington to Tucson, Arizona and back, all in great comfort, each boy having their own row, so none of the "daaaad, he's in my space..." baloney. :) I don't take it for joy-riding hardcore off-roading or "mudding", I use my '86 Bronco for that, but the QX56 can perform off road well when needed, and does very well in the several feet of snow each winter we get. I pull many others out. I have had over 30 vehicles since 1986 (from 1960s muscle cars to 3 Priuses, and everything in between), and this is by far the most useful, comfortable, best all-around vehicle I have ever had. Other than the (expected) horrible gas mileage (11-13 in the city, 16-19 highway), I have nothing to complain about it. I think I will probably drive this until it begins to die, since everything else on the market nowadays, and projected for the future, is just getting smaller and flimsier. I hope folks find this information useful. If you have a tall family, this is one of the few vehicles available, and it meets a broad range of needs admirably.

One word...wow!

by dock29 from Tampa, FL | May 3, 2014

Just picked this car up and thus far love it! The gas mileage is not so great but again, knew this going into it. Very nicely equipped. Rides very well. Much better than its sister Nissan Armada. Looking forward to taking it on a long trip soon! Beautiful vehicle. Hey...other owners...what are the best tires to get for this vehicle?

Amazing!

by InfinitiFan from Brookyln | April 11, 2014

I have been owning this vehicle since 2011 and I am extremely satisfied with my purchase. Ride comfort and the performance are always pleasing!

BEST Truck I Have Ever Owned

by TheFlyingSikh from Manhattan, NY | November 4, 2013

First and foremost, these trucks are RARE. Not exotics, but they are not seen on every block on the street like other trucks. The best thing I like about it is it's flexibility. Coming with the most spacious and luxurious interior will make you feel just like home. Long trips, no problem! Also to mention, it's like a flying carpet! The suspension is smooth and the engine is powerful. For the speed demons out there, this engine sounds like a beast! The 5 speed automatic transmission makes the truck very versatile and is ready for anything. Of course it comes with a lot of chrome which makes it even better and turns a lot of heads throughout the city. The best part I like about this truck is the "monstrous" exterior. Even though this is a 2010, it looks better than the newly released 2015 Cadillac Escalade. All in all, if your in a market for a luxurious and spacious truck, you can not overlook this Infiniti QX56!

2010 QX56

by MR1 from BROOKLYN, NY | August 26, 2012

2010 QX56 IS A BIG, STRONG, POWERFUL, ROOMY AND COMFORTABLE SUV. IF YOU LIKE THINGS BIG THEN THE QX56 IS MADE FOR YOU. I LOVE IT. IT CAN DRINK GAS IF YOU HAVE A HEAVY FOOT BUT THE RIDE IS SO NICE. I HAVE NOTHING BAD TO SAY ABOUT THIS SUV.

Amazing SUV

by thekid from | April 22, 2012

i'm 16 and my dad drove this truck. It was amazing to sit in the back seat and watch movies and what not. The navigation was awesome, and it drives like an American made truck, with plenty of horsepower, but only with a smoother ride. He plans on buying the Qx and he's going to give me the older one. Looking forward too it.

Rust

by Shocked! from Indianapolis | April 4, 2012

This luxury vehical formed rust in a shot period on the frame and underneath the grill. The rust has decreased the value significantly. Come to find out this is a common flaw on this full size SUV.

Comfort and Value

by Big Daddy from Chicago, IL | July 21, 2011

We recently traded in a 2007 Lexus GX470 for a 2010 QX56 as my family and its car pooling requirements had grown. The interior of the QX56 is cavernous, with large comfortable seats in the first and second rows with tons of legroom, and an accessable (and adult usable) third row. We recently took the vehicle on a 1,000 mile road trip, and while we averaged about 16 MPG, the trip was extremely comfortable for the whole family. The technology works extremely well in the vehicle (rear DVD, integration with stereo system, nav, etc.) For the money, you can not beat this vehicle if you are looking for a large 7 passenger SUV. I also like that the vehicle can be put into 2WD, which saves gas versus all-the-time 4WD competitors like Lexus.

Nice car

by Akioya from Antioch, CA | April 25, 2011

I guess it is too soon to say but I got my 2008 (used) QX56 about 2 months ago. Ride is smooth, I feel safe with my family in the car, roomy, and quiet. Gas millage is not the greatest. I hear rattle and I think it is the DVD console in the middle. I like the fact that you don’t have too many of them on the road – like Escalade and the M- Benz GL450. So far I love this car.

awesome suv

by carguy from nyc | August 19, 2010

I owned a 2008 qx56 and it was awesome. this truck is very heavy and at 4wheel drive it doesnt have that much torque. i bought a new 2010 nissan armada and i love the rear wheel drive. it has plenty of torque at low rpm and high rpm.

Featured Services for this Infiniti QX56