2011 Infiniti QX56

2011 Infiniti QX56
Available in 4 styles:  2011 Infiniti QX56 4dr 4x4 shown

14 city / 20 hwy

Overall

2011 Infiniti Q56 is "JUNK"

by rockettman from La. | June 16, 2015

with only 60K miles vehicle started stalling. According to other threads, the Q56 has a timing chain problem that will cost between 4k-17K to get repaired!!!!!! I will never by another infinit

Much more luxurious that the prior body style.

by 2nd time QX56 owner from Des Moines, IA | April 13, 2015

The new body style is much nicer that the old one when it comes to extra options & styling. I've moved from an '06 to the '11 and really glad I did. That is on the plus side. On the minus side, I'm very un-happy with the warranty department. My '11 was 81 DAYS out of warranty, however 12,000 miles UNDER for warranty and they would not replace a ballast for a burned out headlight that leaked from the factory! I do like the Infiniti line-up and my local dealership, however the company isn't shy about NOT standing behind their product! Great vehicle, just don't expect Infiniti to help you with the problems.

Poor Quality and Reliability

by Poor Quality and Reliability ! from St. Louis, Mo. | December 19, 2014

I own a 2011 QX 56 that I bought new. It looks nice and is comfortable when it is running properly. I would not recommend this vehicle for anyone looking for a SUV that is reliable or has a low cost of ownership. My last and final experience with Infiniti was recently my wife and kids were stranded on the side of the road due to a timing chain problem. I called Infiniti which told me the QX56 has a 70k mile power train warranty and my vehicle has 79k miles. They informed me their high end luxury SUV had met their performance expectations and I would need to spend $5,800 to get it fixed. Might meet their standards but not mine!

Luxurious, powerful, safe

by Eltee from Milwaukee, WI | October 20, 2013

This is a huge SUV but handles more like a car. Interior is very luxurious. What you would expect from a vehicle like this. Sumptuous leather, no cheap plastic like some other in this category Tremendous power and torque. Plenty of air bags Technology package is great, Blindspot monitoring, lane departure.

Infinity affinity

by JWB from St. Louis, MO | June 27, 2013

I will preface this review by stating that I have owned 4 GMC Yukon Denali's in a row, and loved the balance of luxury and power they provided. However, I grew fond of the new styling of the 2011QX56 when they deviated from the Armada platform. It is polarizing...you love it or hate it. But I really liked the astetics. So here I am. Proud new owner. 22" wheels (and the ride is still quite soft, don't listen to critics), rear entertainment, all the upgrades except the saftety technology package. Interior is extremely comfortable and inviting...there is no detail missing. The only reason I gave the interior 4 stars...whether or not this is the best rating category...is for two simple reasons: 1) There is no remote start available until 2013 model. Huh?? Oops...someone at Infinity have a bad day? lol Also, the DVD player is NOT user friendly for the driver when trying to replay a move for the kiddies in back...who are just a hair too young to operate the remote. I just default to manually ejecting the disc and re-inserting for the auto play to kick in. Otherwise...im in love with the vehicle. As a final note...I did upgrade the remote start to the aftermarket system that uses an iPhone app that you can start your vehicle from anywhere. And also added the module that allows you to watch movies on the navigation screen while the vehicle is driving. No no...not for me. For any front passengers I have. Bottom line...if you love the exterior styling...this vehicle does not disappoint in any way except the remote start!

Perfect fit.

by FormulaZ from Milwaukee, WI | April 15, 2013

This car just fits my family of 5 with a large dog and the occasional need to haul stuff. The performance for such a large vehicle, especially the horsepower, is surprising and delightful. Fuel economy suffers, but you don't buy something like this for the mileage. The styling is unique and sets the QX56 apart from others like it. Inside is the typical Infiniti luxury and attention to detail. Only Audi does interiors better. The interior also boast tremendous flexibility and intuitive usefulness. My prior truck, a Land Rover, had similar utility, but 3 years after buying it I still kept having to figure out how to rearrange the seats! I highly recommend the QX56.

Luxury Luxury Luxury!

by Beignets from Columbus, GA | June 11, 2012

I absolutely love this SUV! I had a midsize SUV, but my husband wanted a "full size" SUV. After shopping around what felt like BUSES, I fell in love with the QX! I use the panoramic camera EVERY time I drive it …makes it NOT feel so BIG. And compared to my mid-size SUV, it drives like a dream! If I could find ANYTHING bad to say about the QX ...I know this might seem minor …but the ONLY thing I could possibly complain of, is the shiny chrome-like trim on the center console can be blinding on a sunny day. Otherwise, put on some shades & enjoy the comfort & luxury of this beautiful SUV!

Infiniti does it again

by SUV Enthusiast from Milwaukee WI | April 14, 2012

The most important thing anyone can do before buying a car is research. I do a tremendous amount, and have landed my third infiniti SUV. First was the 2001 QX4, 2nd was a 2007 QX56 now just bought a used 2011 QX56 - theater pckg / deluxe touring pckg (saved $14K). By far the best value on the market, it drives like a dream. Comfort is outstanding - best in class. I kept reading the quote of like flying in a private jet - well it really is. If your into Technololgy - this is the SUV for you - love my blue tooth Ipod wireless hook up - voice recognition is great also. Towing is important to me and 8,500 lbs..great ! If you can swing it the 22" rims are awesome - the looks I get when I drive it are numerous. I also read a lot about the outside look of the SUV - the side vents, the back end etc.... - well if you want to look like every other car out there then this is NOT the the SUV for you - I enjoy the uniqueness of it - I think the whole SUV looks really good. I look forward to my 4th Infiniti SUV purchase in the near future !

Great vehicle

by Infiniti fan from | April 10, 2012

This vehicle is incredible. Plush interior, great ride and high tech. Absolutely love it. Best car I've ever driven.

Great luxury SUV

by exHummerOwner from Denver, CO | February 13, 2012

This is a great large SUV. I needed a car that could tow a boat and haul kids. This vehicle fits the bill for both of these needs and is a joy to drive.