Infiniti's king-size SUV has a new name, QX80, but it’s the same vehicle that debuted in current form for the 2011 model year as the QX56. Whereas “56” denoted the 5.6-liter V-8 engine, "80" just denotes its position atop Infiniti's SUV lineup, all of which now have the QX prefix.
The QX80 is available with rear- or four-wheel drive and can seat up to eight people in three rows. It counts the Cadillac Escalade, Lexus GX 460, Mercedes-Benz GL-Class and Lincoln Navigator among its competitors.
New for 2014
Backup Collision Intervention, which sounds a warning and applies the brakes when it detects cross traffic or a stationary object, has been added to the optional Technology Package.
- Xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights
- Available adaptive headlights with power washers
- Power-folding side mirrors with turn-signal indicators
- Available power liftgate
- Standard 20-inch wheels; available 22-inch wheels
- Available Hydraulic Body Motion Control
- Seats seven or eight people, depending on the configuration
- Leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable, heated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- CD stereo with a USB input and Bluetooth streaming audio
- Available Bose stereo
- Available cooled front seats and heated rear seats
Under the Hood
- 400-horsepower, 5.6-liter V-8 engine with direct injection
- Seven-speed automatic transmission
- Rear-wheel drive; available 4WD with automatic mode and high and low ranges
- 8,500-pound towing capacity
- Front-seat side-impact airbags
- Three-row side curtain airbags
- Active front head restraints
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
- Available Around View Monitor
- Available blind spot warning system
- Available lane departure mitigation
- Available Backup Collision Intervention
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2014 Infiniti QX80.