2002 Isuzu Axiom

16 city / 20 hwy

Overall

Best ever SUV

by redress from Scottsdale, AZ | June 1, 2014

I bought this new in 2002. I've been driving it all these years and only 2 things failed; the water pump had to be replaced 5 yrs ago, and this past Friday, May 30, 2014, the blower motor went out. Considering I live in Scottsdale, AZ with the extreme heat here, this vehicle has surpassed any expectation I may have ever had. Only thing is I am long legged, and I wish there was just about 2 " more length on the drivers side. I'm never going to sell this vehicle, I only have 78, 130 miles on it now, and I'm on my 4th set of tires; that's because they dry rot before I can get the mileage out of them. lol

Rust Bucket Axioms Google it if non-beleiver

by mulligan from N Idaho | June 10, 2012

I own a 2002 Axioum w/60k. Great veh for the snow. Unfortunetly if you live in a snow/salt zone you will began to contend with your frame and undercarriage rusting and rotting problem before your very eyes.Some are cars w/40-60,000 miles on them Affects 2002-2004 models. Has caused rear suspention parts to litterly fall off the car. Collisions have occure.d If NHSTA recall determines rusting is too bad...zap...you,re Isuzu is removed from the road. Then Isuzu factory reps offer very paltry sums..$1800-$2500 and do it rudely at that. SALT is not a friend of Axioms.

love it but...

by starr from rolla, mo | November 10, 2011

I love my axiom, but dont get the gas mileage it claims. Other than that, i have no complaints. Its just the right size for the family, and not so high i cant get in but not too low either. I bought an suv because i have back problems therefore have issues getting in and out of cars.

worst car we've ever had

by caitlin from | August 27, 2011

We loved our 2 previous troopers and wanted to downsize so we went with the axiom. BIG MISTAKE!!!! This car has been our worst nightmare. problems from about the first six months and Isuzu refused to take care of them. Thank God they went out of business

Amazing value for attractive, reliable vehicle

by Axiom Driver from Salt Lake City | January 25, 2011

I purchased my 6-cyl automatic transmission Axiom because I was looking for an SUV type vehicle without an insane price. I had never seen an Axiom and when I finally saw this one, I thought "perfect". It looks great, drives great, and I've only had one minor ($125) issue aside from regular maintenance over the 4 years I've owned it. My previous cars have been Saabs and when I needed a larger truck type vehicle, I wanted one with all the luxury interior features without the luxury price. The Axiom has many of the luxury features my Saabs had: leather, heated seats, cd-changer, power mirrors, etc. It is kind of odd that the transmission doesn't have a dipstick to check the level. It is sealed and should only be checked by an Isuzu authorized mechanic. If an oil change technician says the transmission level was checked, ask them exactly what they did and make sure know what they're talking about. An internal transmission leak, which can cause slipping, is a common issue with this model. It is resolved by replacing a faulty transmission gastket ($125). So if it starts slipping, ask a mechanic to check that first. DO NOT FLUSH a transmission. EVER. Thats how I ruined my Saab. That's about it. It has been smooth sailing with this vehicle.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Years ahead of its time!

by Axiom Fan from | December 1, 2009

I really love this mid-sized suv. Best auto I've owned. Remote Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Cruise Control, 4-Wheel ABS Brakes, Front Ventilated Disc Brakes, Passenger Airbag, Cassette Player With Auto-Reverse, In-Dash 6-Disc CD Player, AM/FM Stereo, Total 8 Speakers, Privacy Glass: Deep, Silver Alloy Rims, Leather Steering Wheel Trim, Trip Computer, External Temperature Display, Dual Illuminated Vanity Mirrors, Front Reading Lights, Anti-Theft Alarm System, Bucket Front Seats, Split Rear Bench, Flip Forward Cushion/Seatback Rear Seats, Tilt-Adjustable Steering Wheel, Driver Adjustable Suspension Ride Control, Automatic Front Air Conditioning, Double Wishbone Front Suspension.

My favorite vehicle

by Twice Born from Kalamazoo, MI | February 17, 2009

This has been my favorite vehicle that I have owned. "The original crossover." Interior feels like a car, but has the power and drive of an SUV. Superior drive in the snow. The sport drive option tightens suspension and increases handling. This is not an SUV on a car frame. It is a truck. I love the way it drives. The TOD (Torque On Demand)performs better that the traditional 4x4.

Nice looking

by zombienaut67 from Kansas City,Mo. | January 11, 2009

Our Axiom was almost luxurious inside and was a comfortable long distance cruiser. The downside[for my wife, who drove it to work ] was that it was tricky to park in small lots, and it ate a lot of gas. I liked it, she not so much, so it only racked up 30000 miles with us--but no problems whatsoever. The 3-mode 4 wheel drive setup worked great.

the best car ive ever owned

by spaorts car entgusiast from new york,ny | June 27, 2007

i really think this car is among the best on the roads these days it has excellent handling and drives really well.i would rather drive these then any other car on the road!!!!!

Best SUV in low price

by SUV fan from NY | November 28, 2006

Excellent drive in rough conditions Dependable in extreme climates Fully loaded with all features in low price Don't go for the name -- This SUV is the best value for the money. However for some reason resale is good

Featured Services for this Isuzu Axiom