1998 Isuzu Hombre

1998 Isuzu Hombre

Available in 6 styles:  Hombre Regular Cab shown

Overall

Best first truck i ever had

by Seawolf from Johnston, Ri | January 30, 2012

this truck is awesome. It never let me down. I once drove it with a bad alternator, for a full day the only reason it stopped running in drive way when i got home was the battery died. Now it is a great starter truck to learn standard on. I also feel there is plenty of storage behind the seat for all your normal joe belongings. It was a standard cab. the comfort controls and radio were easy to use and in a good spot. It runs smoothly on the highway and the city. The seat are very comfy and the shifter knob feel secure in your hand. The steering is suave and petals are easy access. It works very well as a small work truck. It also has a very good turning. the truck i owned was 13 years old still ran great. I recently was in a wreck with it and it kept me very safe. the seat belts and airbag both worked properly. I walked away from this wreck even though truck was totaled. over all it is a great small truck.

Good Little Truck

by GMAC rated ACE Test Driver at the GMDPG Mesa, Az from Mesa, Az. 85204 | October 14, 2007

My Isuzu would be even better if the the Clutch/slave cylinder/master cylinder would not have failed at 49k miles. Also the upgraded stereo/cassette; windshield wipers; cruise control; failed before reaching 60k miles. The 2.2litre engine is very realiable as long as you donot carry a load of 1047lbs. as I did and caused my engine head gasket to fail at 89k. I now only carry up to 600lbs. payload maximum and my engine performs excellent. I have found that the positive side of the battery as it corrodes causes the A/C hose to leak which is located directly under the positive battery connection. This A/C hose problem has occurred two times within 123000k on my 1998 Isuzu Hombre and also on my 2000 S-10 2.2 Litre at 79000k miles. Chapman Isuzu of Tempe, Arizona is the most unrealiable service department I have ever had to work on this vehicle. I thought since I purchased my vehicle from them, I should have my warranty service done there. I was proven many times over that Chapman did not want to warranty my vehicle. All they were interested in was performing services where the customer payed. I reported them to the Arizona Attorney Generals office and took my Isuzu to Pitre Isuzu in Scottsdale to get decent warranty service.

Featured Services for this Isuzu Hombre