2008 Isuzu i-290

See Photos & Videos

Overall

bought it new in 2008

by Jon from Fort Collins, CO | September 27, 2013

I bought my isuzu i-290 brand new with 20 miles on it in tempe arizona in march of 2008. I am writing this review in september of 2013. The truck currently has 86,000 miles on it. I have put this truck through extreme temperatures both Hot and Cold. When I lived in Phoenix and Las Vegas for a year with this truck the temperatures got over 120 degree's sometimes. I then spent a winter in southwestern wyoming where the temperatures would get to -40 below at times. I popped the radiator on one of the -40 days but it was my fault because i didn't give the truck time to warm up. I have never had any mechanical failures on this truck other than the radiator at 10k miles in -40 below temperatures. This truck has been in Colorado for the rest of its life and i take it on road trips to phoenix without giving it a second thought. One huge bonus with the reliability factor is the 2.9l engine uses a timing chain, not a timing belt. I bought this truck primarily for work and light duty applications.

I-290 Commuter

by I-290 Commuter from St Louis | March 22, 2013

Nothing fancy here, but reliable, economical and safe! I"ve been driving mine 70 miles each day and while it's not flashy or luxurious it does the job nicely and has given me no problems in 4 years....

Featured Services for this Isuzu i-290