2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport

Available in 6 styles:  2002 Isuzu Rodeo Sport 2dr 4x4 shown

Overall

2001 Isuzu Rodeo Sport

by two-timer from Dallas, TX | June 25, 2014

The Isuzu Rodeo Sport is the best vehicle I’ve ever owned. So good, in fact, that I bought two of them. Way back in late 2000, I really wanted a Jeep. I was taking regular road trips for work (I’m an efficiency/ business practices consultant) and had the dream of the open road, wind in my hair…straight Route 66 stuff. Sadly, comfort-wise, Jeeps can be a quite a beating on long trips. Go figure. In my search for a replacement, I randomly came across the newly-released Isuzu Rodeo Sport (which was just a newly-named, manned-up Amigo). I immediately loved it. It drove great, handled well, felt solid, and, with the removable sunroof and the folding soft-top, it’s like a Jeep but without the lower back injury. Fast forward to 2005: I drove it to roughly 135,000 miles without any real issues beyond having a transmission overhaul (cost about $900) at around 110,000 miles that I, likely, brought on myself via neglect. I kept up with oil changes every 5K and a few light maintenance things, but that was it. However, while I loved it, life had taught me, at that point, that vehicles tend to implode, if not explode, as they approach 150,000 miles, so I sold it to a family friend who didn’t have my reservations about high-mileage vehicles for a steal of $3500 (I paid $20 K). Fast forward to 2010: I ran into the family friend and asked about the RS. They told me that they had reached nearly 200,000 miles, with only normal upkeep costs, and had sold it to another family member for the same $3500 price (Ugh!). After talking with them, and a few years of driving an Audi and suffering the upkeep/maintenance costs of a “high-dollar-premium-gas-only” car, I found another RS – the exact same as my original, just a different exterior color- with shockingly low miles. Fast forward to 2014: I have now driven my second RS to 156,000. I just incurred the only costly repair I’ve had with the new one, a water pump/timing belt switch that ran me $650.

Isuzu Rodeo Not Reliable

by IsuzuLover from Orlando, FL | December 10, 2012

Nothing but pricey repairs and huge depreciation. Isuzu isn't making cars anymore for a reason. Don't buy one.

amazingly same experience

by Jeep from Indiana | April 24, 2012

4x4 Rodeo Sport experience almost identical to rooster. I bought for exact same reason and have hauled boat (2700 lb + trailer) to TN, FL, and IA. I have 97,000 miles. Under the hood, great. Only problems: cruise just went out and tailgate sending unit a long time ago. Towed and hauled out with no sweat!

Uses car for Towing

great bang for the buck

by rooster from Indiana | May 14, 2010

Bought to handle boat for trips of 200 miles or less . No sweat on any ramps. ..hauls 4500 ! 4wd and low transfer (only used low once) work great Have hauled boat thru TN mtns and to FL. Very reliable vehicle & absolutely no mech probs. Not great gas mileage though.

Featured Services for this Isuzu Rodeo Sport