1991 Isuzu Trooper

$2,500

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Great high school car for a mechanic's son

by College kid from San Luis Obispo | August 19, 2007

My father isn't a mechanic and I don't know enough about cars technically. This car is horrible for normal driving. I do know people modify and take their troopers off road, but as a road car...wow. It sounds like you are inside the engine while driving on the freeway. The power of the engine is depressing (I had the V6) at highway speeds. For example, I would drive up a grade and have to be in the far right lane because it doesn't have the power to maintain 65 on sustained hills, especially with a full tank of gas (which, by the way seems like a big waste of money given its low low mpg). It's uncomfortable inside and ugly on the outside. Reliability has been a nightmare for us, and we bought it at around 130,000 miles (and I've only put on about 30,000 in 5 years). I had to replace the entire radiator, several cooling pipes, the transmission failed, starter died, oil leaks routinely (in the process of repairing the major leak right now, yes major, there are far more than one) Ugh. Avoid at all costs.

Featured Services for this Isuzu Trooper