1995 Isuzu Trooper

Information Coming Soon

Overall

The Undeserved Bad Reputation SUV

by Luis from Arizona USA | September 21, 2014

The Isuzu Trooper was given bad reviews by Consumer Reports. However the Isuzu Trooper does what it was designed to do very well. On the Highway it giver a smooth ride, (Remember shocks do not last forever, and should be replaced every 50,000 miles.) The seats are firm but comfortable. I have driven 400 miles on a day. Instrument cluster is easy to read at a glance. Off road they perform very well. I have gone to the same trails Jeeps go without problems. You have a good 24"inches of suspension articulation to play with. You can fit 33" tires without a lift. If you want suspension lift you can change the rear springs and adjust ride height with the torsion bars on the front. You can easily take on 12 -16 inches of water, (Always use caution and common sense when driving on water) As far as styling goes, the look of the Trooper is a classic SUV. Nothing extravagant or fancy. But everything is functional. Depending in your area you can buy a used Trooper for a good barging. The BIG plus about Isuzu is how reliable they are. I keep up with maintenance, and I have not needed any major repair at 160K miles. The engine seems bullet proof. The transmission does require service. If you don't keep up on Transmission service, you will end up needing a new or rebuilt transmission. I commute every day and on weekends we go outdoors and camping. We go to the desert, the mountains, the lake. We have fun with our Trooper. I wish the Trooper had more power... But who can have enough power? The Trooper spins the rear tires when you take off hard and does 80 mph on the highway... It's not a race car right? When you have it in 4WD Low it's like a little tank. I do recommend friends looking for a used medium size SUV to consider the Trooper. Take care of it and it will not disappoint!!!

Great Vehicle for the Money - would buy again

by milld from Phoenix, AZ | November 18, 2013

The Trooper is a "boxy but good" sorta SUV. It has alot of room inside especially when you fold down the rear seats (like the old station wagons in the 60's and 70's). The seats are firm, but comfortable. Guages and engine information is easily visible. Supprized by the little things that were included, like powered folding mirrors with heat too. Interior layout is smartly done. Grab handles in all the right places. The mechanical systems have been very reliable for me, just routine recommended maintenance. The 4WD has some really great features that help with driving on slippery roads. Mine was the LS model. Purchased it with 104K milers and drove until 198K when it was totaled in a traffic accident. Holds up well to a T-bone roll over. Driver had only bruises. The engine was still running while upside down and had to turn off the ignition. Recommend adding a full width brush guard and P265/75R16 tires.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Single Woman Artist from Tampa FL | February 20, 2012

I've had my Trooper for fifteen years, bought it used. It has 147,000 miles on it, and if I could still get parts easily and had a reliable person to work on it, I'd keep it another 147K miles or till I keel over, whichever comes first. I haul lots of large canvases and paint, etc. yet also treat the leather seats with great gentleness: this vehicle has been the all-things-to-all people car for me. It uses a bit of oil and some transmission fluid, but if I were that old, I would too.

Super Trooper

by JJ from Colorado | September 8, 2011

This truck rides smooth, is GREAT in the snow (4x4) and had NEVER left me stranded! Very reliable truck. No major repairs. Great for everyday use! I recommend.

For a 19 year old car- it's great!

by Redshanks from Florissant, MO | April 6, 2009

I needed a vehicle that can haul a wheelchair and that my wife can get into fairly easily. And due to severe money issues, this fits the bill! Yeah, I know it's a Body-on-frame 4x4, but darn it- it' a vehicle I would have bought new! Instead, I found this Salvation Army auction car at a rural wholesale dealer & paid $1800 for it. The body is great (a few minor paint nicks- no dents!), all glass is intact, A/C works great, interior is SUPER! The %-speed tranny shifts crisply, it has 5 new Michelin tires... and the only leak is a minor drip from the Power Steering Pressure Switch- not a major item- I'm waiting on a replacement one. (Many parts will interchange with the Honda Passport & Acura SLX!) Fuel mileage ain't the best, but better than my 2000 F-150, and it gets better the more I get back into using a 5-speed manual! I LOVE IT!

Not good

by ohio from Cincinnati | February 2, 2009

I test drove this car and felt the transmision sliping badly.This car needs to be junked now.How can any one try to sell this car to an unexpecting person or family? my advice is leave this car alone or unless you have the money to fix it then by all means do so

Good vehicle but.....

by Car Hunter from Idaho | October 12, 2007

This was good vehicle but had too many issues that need to be addressed. The mechanic that last did the oil change needs to clean up after changing the oil filter. The skid pan underneath looked like it caught all the oil before it hit the drain pan. The vehicle had 4 different makes of tires and three different sizes ranging from (1)225R70-16, (1)245R70-16 AND (2)255R70-16. The 255R70-16 were on the left/front and right/rear, the 225R70-16 was on the right/front, leaving the 245R70-16 on the left/rear. The spare tire was bald and flat. This made the vehicle unsafe to drive any further down the road than to the nearest tire shop. What ever tire shop maintained this vehicle last needs to fire the mechanic that last looked at it. This was an accident waiting to happen. Severly unequal tires on a 4x4 will break things. How can you miss such a mistake. The interior could have used a vacuum over the carpet and someone to remove the rear ashtray that was used as a spitcup. The vehicle ended up a disappointment overall. Buyer Beware.

Featured Services for this Isuzu Trooper