2000 Isuzu Trooper

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love my Trooper!!

by Love my Trooper!! from Indianapolis, IN | October 13, 2010

The optional 4 wheel drive is amazing during the summer and winter, you can go anywhere and not worry about getting stuck or sliding!!!! HUGE - you can fit anything and everything in this car... they could have added an extra row of seats and there would still be room to spare. Mine is 10 years old with 130k miles and im betting it will run for another 100k without any problem! LOVE LOVE LOVE this car!!!!!

Love the Troopers.. on my 2nd one!

by Trooper Lover from Eau Claire, WI | May 26, 2009

I love the Troopers!! I wish they never stopped making them! Some of the things I love the most.. huge amount of room.. the rear doors.. they open like regular doors.. not having to get on my tip toes and pull a hatch down it great since I'm pretty short, the body.. doesn't rust, did I mention that you have a ton of room! Now to the ONE thing I don't like.. the oil. You HAVE to change the oil right on time.. or you will ruin the engine! My first trooper got a little low on oil (not dry) and a lifter started clicking. A while later I let it go about 800 miles past due for the oil change and blew a hole in the piston.. Time for new engine then! If you see someone selling a Trooper with a knock in the engine.. DO NOT buy it!!! They did not take care of it and you will need engine work done! If you take care of your Trooper like you are suppose too... this truck will run for life! It is a great truck!! I just bought my second one :)

This is my second Trooper

by John from Covington, Indiana | July 9, 2007

I liked the 1992 I had so well that I bought this one 2 years ago with 55,000 miles on it. I have had a couple of minor problems but parts are readily available and it is fairly easy to work on. I have 81,000 miles on it now and I see it going at least to 150,000. The 92 had 128,000 miles when I sold it and it still is running around town. I think the two things I like the most about my Trooper are the powertrain, (215 hp V6, auto, auto 4x4 and positrac rear end) and the interior room. I'm 6', 210 lb with long arms and legs and it fits me very well. I will probably try to find a low mileage 2002 (last year they were made) when I get the urge for another vehicle

Not a great car but not bad.

by suburbanite from DC | March 28, 2007

I bought mine used with 70K miles. I've had a few trips to the dealer but nothing serious. My biggest complaint is that the seats are not comfortable since they seem to lean forward. Also with 118K miles it uses uses about a quart of oil per 3k change. I have heard that running them low on oil will kill the engine so that is critical to keep adequate oil in it.

Featured Services for this Isuzu Trooper