2001 Jaguar S-TYPE

2001 Jaguar S-TYPE
Available in 2 styles:  2001 Jaguar S-TYPE 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Just Bought a 2001 Jaguar

by British Car Enthusiast, and Ford Stock Holder from Annapolis, MD | February 16, 2014

Ever since high school I wanted a Jaguar Mark II 3.8 Sedan. When Ford came out with th S-Type It was, in my mind, a modern version of the Mark II. The Jaguar is distinctly British styling and luxury. After several months and a consistent search on many websites, and kissing a number of frogs I found a 2001 in Pennsyvaina with only 55K miles and in almost showroom condition. As soon as I saw it I knew it was going to be mine. This is an automobile that i will savor. I watch Wayne Carini on Chasing Classic Cars and absolutely know how he feels when he talks about cars. I have a private plane and I flew up to Pa. to see the car at Queen City Airport in Allentown Pa. My buddy flew me up in his plane on the second trip and I drove it back to Maryland. Now part of the history of this great Automobile.

Classic Jag

by shim from Essex | September 4, 2013

Always wanted this car on styling alone, but could never afford a new 1, so brought a second hand 1. Got the sport model which I would recommend. I still love going out in it and the looks I get. My only gripe is the steering could be more positive,

Bs

by Jags are scary brand from | March 1, 2011

I think it's junk that so many of these modles have problems with the tranny but no re call on it jaguar is a scary brand to buy man I wish it didn't have so many tranny problems

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by GOODCAT from Langhorne, PA | April 6, 2010

This is, without a doubt, the most reliable car I've ever owned. I purchased my '01 3.0 in February of 2007 with 31,000 miles. Today I have just over 85,000 miles, and the only money I've spent on repairs has been on normal wear and tear items. The interior of my car is near pristine. The exterior has light scratches here and there, but overall is in excellent condition. After Ford bought Jaguar in the 90s and pumped $1 billion into the company to produce a better product, the S-Type was born. I have been one of the lucky ones to experience owning one of these great cars. My next vehicle will be a newer S-Type :)

2001 Jaguar S Type 4.0 is BIG BANG for the buck!

by Jag Enthusiast from Columbus, OH | February 22, 2010

This is real value for your money. Jaguar had been owned by Ford for nearly 13 years when this car was produced. It does have competitive reliability. The performance of the 4.0 V8 is a very good choice. It is far better than the V6 and in my view makes a great daily driver with a wide power band, less expensive to maintain as compared to the "R" version that is supercharged from normal tire replacement to scheduled visits at your local dealer. These S-Type Jags have a great retro look, excellent performace and handling. Interior room and comfort is good.

Great car so far....

by Jag Lover from Stamford, CT | January 6, 2010

I have my Jag for the past 6 years and am going strong at 120,000 miles. So far nothing major broken. Knock on wood! Enjoy the smooth ride and stared I still get in the car.

Unfortunately Just Another Jag

by OPMikey from Kansas City | February 4, 2009

I thought this one would be better than the previous Jags I owned, but unfortunately this is just another Jag. I bought it used, 16,000 miles, and within 3 months the window motor went out and the center console broke. Then at 45,000 miles a "transmission fault" appeared. I have been limping around ever since. (Don't have the 5K for a replacement tranny.) I thought that with the acquisition by Ford, Jag would be better. Heck, it is pretty much a Taurus anyway. Not so. Still the same piece of junk that Jag has always produced. They look good, my wife loves it, but is is garbage. Interior is all plastic, and piece by piece it is starting to fall apart or stop working. Stay away from this brand.

dont let good looks fool you

by mr. nice from san antonio | September 14, 2008

I bought a 2001 jaguar s type 3.0 cause it looked good and felt good. But what good is it when you cant drive it. It broke down many times one month after i bought it. ps.100000 miles.

It was great....until it fell apart

by injun2 from New Orleans | January 30, 2008

My wife and I really loved this car until now. I took it in for it's 50,000 mile checkup, and was told that the boot seals and covers (whatever those are) underneath need to be replaced....estimated cost, $10,000! I asked them what could have possibly caused this, and they said "it's rubber, it just deteriorates normally." The service mgr said they had this problem only with the S type, not the other Jags. So, after perfect maintenance, we have a worthless car after 50,000 miles. On the other hand, I have a 1971 Riviera, original engine, with 350,000 miles that runs great!

The Best Car I have ever owned.

by Engine Eirik from Boston, Ma. | July 31, 2007

I have owned my S-type for 4 years now and i am still impressed by the sleek exterior and the soundless mechinacal quailty of the engine. The comfort far exceds most high-end luxary sedan. The Jaguar S-Type is a must buy for future comsumers.

Featured Services for this Jaguar S-TYPE