We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2003 Jaguar S-TYPE

2003 Jaguar S-TYPE
Available in 3 styles:  2003 Jaguar S-TYPE 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

2006 S Type R

by skipro from Westfield, MA | January 18, 2016

Purchased this car from local Jaguar Dealership. The car only had 55,000 miles and detailed CARFAX report showed proper service intervals with all necessary preventive and replacement maintenance completed by the original owner. So far I am thoroughly enjoying the vehicle as it rides like a rocket on rails. Great acceleration and powerful stopping power. The S Type R comes fully loaded with all options. The car really stands out in the sea of Mercedes, BMW and Audis. The unique and elegant look of the Jaguar is very distinctive.

Amazing value and quality.

by I love this car more than my BMW 650 i. from Stony Brook, NY | August 16, 2015

This care rides like a Rolls and is as fast as a vette. Gas mileage? 26 MPG Highway. Insane. I am in the movie and TV biz and drive this car from Long Island to Brooklyn, Queens, or Manhattan, on a regular basis. Never let me down. Cruises like a Bentley. Heavy and well constructed, yet has some serious power. Can pass on demand, almost any car, and the sick thing is, I get 26 mpg. Love the leather interior. Everyone thinks its a 50 K car, which it was at one point, but can't beat it. I wish they would go back to making this style again, except upgrade the tech. LOVE IT. Don't listen to whiners complaining about repairs. No more expensive than any of the cars out there and I've had very few.

Reliably roaming the streets in Nowhere, Kentucky

by Joy from Murray, KY | September 23, 2014

I bought my '03 in '06 from the Memphis dealer. It was a select edition model in the rare and stunning adriatic blue with dove color interior. I had to have it. After serving as my daily driver for eight years, it is still running perfectly and approaching 100k. After I threatened to break up with the car after a few falling off coolant tanks, my local mechanic easily fixed the problem when the dealer couldn't. Since then it has been smooth sailing... so smooth that I continue to run it every day in the middle of nowhere Kentucky, 2.5 hours from the nearest dealer. I am dreading the day it finally dies because I know there's no comparison. You can actually see out of the large windows--not like this modern rubbish. The burl walnut is dreamy. No smartphone plug, ipod jack, or GPS. Just a single CD player and backup warning tone is there and that's all I need... and I'm not ancient. I'm in my late 30s. Seriously. Simply a classic.

Great Drive, Durable style, finishes, and material

by LoveToDrive from San Clemente, CA | September 11, 2014

I bought the 2003 S-type for my wife back in 2007 because of the timeless styling, the great head-room (about 39 inches) for me, and because it was a far better value than comparable luxury sport sedans. I credit the "value" part to the general public remembering the old complaints about Jaguar reliability but not knowing about the current much-improved status. Prior to purchasing I talked to dealership service personnel and was informed the the 2003 redesign fixed the reliability problems from previous years (2000-2002). I would not recommend pre-2003 S-types. Now the odometer is at 100,000 plus. The reliability has been very good. The 3.0 engine is fun to drive and reasonably economical, averaging about 20 mpg in mostly town driving. The transmission is great. The interior shows almost no signs of wear. My wife still loves it. Maybe I can wait a little longer before buying her next Jaguar.

A pleasant surprise

by Cruiser from Washington | September 2, 2014

I saw this car and I honestly wasn't sure what to expect. Unlike the German sedans, the jaguar is a very reliable car. It stands out amongst the crowd of Mercedes and BMW sedans and just looks great. It looks professional and quite classy and this car has great performance to match. The sport mode increases the acceleration of the car and allows it to reach a higher rpm in each gear. This makes the car fun to accelerate in, and there is further enjoyment when you use this car's semi manual transmission. And the car sounds great. The visibility while driving is convenient and the sensors really help with parking. This is simply brilliant British engineering.

Turns heads and a pleasure to drive!

by AverageHuman from North Hollywood, CA | December 31, 2013

2003 Jaguar S-Type is reliable. Still running strong at 103,000 miles. Minor issue with the radiator and a sensor but has been fixed (real simple). I love the car and it gets A LOT of people's attention. It stands out from your typical BMW, Mercedes, and Audi roaming the streets in California. I have the V6 3.0L engine and it runs great. As blunt as it may sound, it is a great car. There is not a day that goes by that I don't notice strangers admiring my car with their eyes. It is a truly unique and beautiful car. If you purchase a Jaguar S-Type, be sure to buy 2003-2008 models (reliability is best after 2003).

I cannot find the replacement

by Vadim from Mahwah, NJ | December 17, 2013

Was looking at reviews and found my own review here, made in 2006. Here I am, 10 days short of 2014, and I'm still driving the same car. Soon it is 10 years I have it, it has almost 150K miles and it is the best car I ever had. I just love it! I drove it all over the east cost, from Key West to Niagara falls, it still looks, drives and handles almost like new. When car was about 110K it had some issues with the engine. I went to my mechanic and he replaced lots of staff inside the car, which cost me more then $4K, but I'm so glad I did that, because 3 years later I'm driving it with no problems whatsoever. The only problem with his repair was that the car started consuming more fuel, exactly as per specification (check my other review here to see how good it was before). I understand that I need to find another car, that this one will break dead earlier or later, but every time I look at some new car I just don't like it as much as I do my old Jag. My wife has Mercedes C class, this is a joke comparing with the Jaguar, plus it cannot stop breaking. Bravo Jaguar for making such a nice car! This car made me to look for another Jaguar. Was looking at XF - it looks like made from cheap plastic inside. May be XJ will be next. One thing I don't understand - why Jaguar abandoned the vertical grille? This is a signature of the Jaguar car, and who said that it is an old looking?

Awesome power in a beautiful package.

by Mr rick from Baltimore | August 1, 2013

All the power ever needed off the track. The sport mode throws you into the back of the seat. A wood and leather interior are both soft and hard and the sunroof is better than a convertible. Other cars copied the styling but this is the original. Couldn't afford a new one but a real gem if you find one well maintained.

Great buy for a used car purchase.

by Andy from the Big Apple from NYNY | June 4, 2013

The 2003 Jaguar I purchased about a month ago is an amazing vehicle. The original sticker was $ 51,000, and I bought it from an old lady ( yeah really) who only put 30,000 miles on it, for 10k. The interior and exterior is like new. She also had the car serviced for any little noise and kept up with the maintenance religiously. That is the type of Jag S that you want, one that has been maintained from the beginning because that seems to be where all the problems are, off the assembly. Once fixed, the car is good to go. And, from her receipts, during the first 5k, the car had some major issues that were fixed under warranty, mostly computer re settings. This car had two major issues when I purchased it, both due to a Jaguar dealersmechanics incompetence. One was a radiator hose plastic pipe that was crushed by a mechanic who over tightened a clamp which caused the hose to fall off constantly. The second problem was a fuel pump that was installed wrong and crooked and not tightened down so the check engine light would go on and the gas actually leaked out of the top of the gas tank under the car, if you filled it up. Once my mechanic fixed these problems at a reasonable rate, the car has never had a problem. It's smooth, luxurious, fast, and gets great mileage, 26 mpg, for a 4.2 V8 that's amazing. The old lady also ordered the car with a special racing green metallic paint and a set of 4 chrome jag wheels. I smoked the windows and the car sparkles. The paint is like new and so are the wheels. So if you want an S type, make sure you get one with good records, and even then, have a mechanic go over it, the jag mechanics are overpaid incompetent fools, never bring the car to a jag dealer. This lady was charged 300.00 to have a tail light changed and they were the above mentioned jag problems. And don't buy a Jag with the Xenon lights, they are self leveling and the motor mounts tend to break. If you already did there is a fix on youtube which is simple and amazing. A dealer will charge you 2,000 to fix it. You can do it yourself with two screws and a drill bit for about $ 2.00.

The Beauty Of A New Car

by Little Momma from Central Islip,New York | February 26, 2013

I went in looking for the Infinity G 35X and came out with the Jaguar S type and it's beautiful, and it runs like a dream. The car came equipped with cell phone capability ABS, All-wheel-drive, alarm system and it came with LoJack, This car is loaded sunroof, moonroof everything for the price I payed. It's my dream car. Reasonably priced. If I ever have to buy another car it will be through cars.com.

Featured Services for this Jaguar S-TYPE