2004 Jaguar S-TYPE

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great car so far.

by Parker from Raleigh, NC | February 18, 2014

A lot of this review is in response to other reviews I've read all over the internet. I keep hearing fuel problems and transmission problems, etc. Anytime you buy a used car the first thing you want to do is check motortrend for recalls available on that car. All of the issues I've read online are related to recalls done on the Jaguar S Type. Jaguar will fix all of the issues for free. Just gotta give them a call. Now without a doubt, ford bought Jaguar prior to this car being made so at some point the horrible ford transmission will fail. I paid about $350 to have a transmission cooler installed to avoid this issue. Other than that, it's been a great car to me and my family. Have taken several road trips and the car always drives like a dream. Just like anything else in life, if you take care of it, it will take care of you. It's a premium car and needs premium attention.

rich man's car

by worthy from Phila., PA | October 11, 2013

This car is a total waste. I found myself spending 1200 dollars at every inspection. I owned my 2004 S-typed less than 4yrs and put about 9000 miles on it in that time. In that time I had to replace both headlights ($1200 dollars each time). I had a water pump leak($900 dollars). This car is one big money pit...Stay away unless you have the money for constant repairs.

The purr keeps me driving!

by Iluvmystype from Edmond, OK | November 24, 2012

I have had this car since 2004. Only problem we had was with enthanol, this messed up the fuel injecters which scared the daylights out of me as I was driving on the express way with my children. Try pushing the gas pedals and getting no where! Avoid enthanol, this only took about a year to cause damage.

2004 s 4.2

by jag u r from tn | October 21, 2011

great car, runs and handles much better than my bmw 5. windows and doors and sun roor really work. Nothing else in my driveway.

The strongest car ive ever owned

by I love Jaguars from Tamoa | September 21, 2011

I love my jaguar s-type. I drive back and forth to Weston and the drive is so smooth and I dont spend a fortune in gas.(especially now a days) This car is so solid. I feel so safe driving my children in it.. I wouldnt trade my jaguar for nothing..Its the best and safest car I ever owned..

Zoom !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by STYPEOWNER from 08234 | September 26, 2010

I love this car!!! It's a 2004 S- Type-R I've owned since new. Unfortunate for Jaguar(Tata) but fortunate for me, the style of this car is a standout in the crowd of jellybean and shoebox looking cars which predominate the roads!!!! Experience one if you can and you'll be convinced too!!!! Seat fits like a glove, small sacrifice for entry effort!!

Reliable and prestigious

by tsunzulu from Bethesda | July 22, 2010

infra value in US. It's a very good brand. In Europe it is a very expensive make and very good. I strongly recommend this car

SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!

by HAPPY CAMPER from USA | November 22, 2009

Been around since 1945 and have had a few cars and my S Type R is by far the best for many reasons. Performance, WOW!!! Handling, WOW WOW!!! Style, WOW!!! Reliability, WOW!!! I'm an aircraft mechanic and owned it since new. Had it shipped cross country for delivery just for the color. Milage would be great if I didn't have a lead foot, and enjoying it !!!

A luxurious world class performer

by CRAMOS999 from New Mexico | May 21, 2008

As a hardcore car enthusiast, and a guy that has driven pretty much anything in the price range of $30,000-90,000, from American to European Cars, I must say that the Jaguar S-Type R is a gem of a car. The car's looks are stunning, yet discreet. The interior is just gorgeous w/ very high end quality materials, and a very harmonious balance of Leather, Chrome Metal, and Wood. Under the hood, you truly could not ask for more, 420HP high revving and eager to please engine, a perky transmission ready to manually accomodate any gear, any time, and a stiff chassis w/ essentially no body roll, and a suspension that is the perfect blend of track and daily driving. All things considered, the car is pricey, but it really does provide something that most cars in that price range fail to deliver. BMW and Mercedes are great, but you cant drive around the corner without seeing one. I guarantee you, there is not many R's around, I have yet to see another in my hometown. Porsche is awesome, but as a daily driver, you just need a back seat and a trunk. The car is good on gas too, 20mpg city and 27-30Hwy, honest.

Simply love this car!

by Hautedawg from KCMO | March 13, 2008

This is an incredibly comfortable vehicle to drive, fun, stylish and a real head turner, if that's what you want. I'm disabled, and this car is perfect for me. I have a spinal cord injury, and this vehicle is comfortable, easy to control and simply perfect. The 3.0 L engine is plenty of power for every day driving, though I do wish I had the 4.2 R engine. The mileage is acceptable (even decent) and it is a fairly reasonable car to run. I've had some minor issues with the car, but nothing that was major. I'd suggest this car to anyone that needs to be comfortable, and is a wonderful executive vehicle.

Featured Services for this Jaguar S-TYPE