2005 Jaguar S-TYPE

2005 Jaguar S-TYPE
Available in 3 styles:  2005 Jaguar S-TYPE 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Nightmare when you have no Warranty

by Luxury Car enthusiast from Miami, Florida | February 7, 2013

4 years ago I purchased a pre used Jaguar S-Type not knowing the vehicle history, 4 months later transmission, A/C compressor failed. Vehicle had no warranty the repairs were super expensive. Vehicle looks great and has a beautiful interior. Parts and maintenance is expensive. If you buy used make sure you buy a warranty for the vehicle.

S-Type VDP

by 1st Timer from South Carolina | December 17, 2012

Without a doubt the most satisfying car purchase of my life. Had no clue how scarce the VDP version was--only makes it that much sweeter. Am 60 yrs old, work an hour each week for each of those years, and this vehicle speaks to me on my trip home. Haven't spoken burled walnut for long, but I'm picking it up.

I have owned 6 jaguars, this one most reliable.

by sporty from Clinton, NJ | January 2, 2012

I'm the second owner car had 35K miles when I purchased, have not had any problems to date. Car now has 68,900 miles. Jaguar red exterior, combo tan interior and get lots of comments on looks.

Dream Car

by Jack from Rockwall, TX | December 11, 2011

We bought the 2005 Stype jag to replace a 2000 Stype Jag. These cars are so right for our driving requirements.

Jag STR is best in class by far

by eagleforce from Richmond, VA | November 25, 2011

Totally a M and AMG killer. Instant acceleration reminds me of rocket thrust snapping the heads of passengers. On the highway, achieved 24 mpg under cruise control. Perfection.

A whole lot of car for little money

by Avanti man from Portland, OR | November 14, 2011

Jaguar's reputation for poor reliability drives the prices down compared with cars of comparable original price, but this car has all the luxury features one could ask for, is a great handling car (I have the V8), and I have peace of mind with a 3 year extended warrenty.

Nice Surprise

by Funk49 from Allentown, PA | October 26, 2011

What a nice surprise. I am very impressed with the S-Type Jaguar. Great styling with that classy Jaguar grill and overall classic look. I am particulalrly impressed with the reliability of this car. No major problems after 78,000 miles, only normal maintenance. Excellent engine performance, very responsive, and those rap around bucket seats are the best. Gas milage is respectable with 22 combined and 27 highway. Overall this car is a pleasure to own and drive. I own this car for five years and have no plans to sell. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a mid class luxury car. I love mine...a real pleasure to own and drive.

Need more stars to rate for value

by OldSurf from Orange County, CA | August 12, 2011

I bought our 2005 V6 for my wife nealy 3 years ago. An absolute steal when you see what new ones cost. Love that it looks more like a Jag than the new ones. So far, maintenance costs have been minimal. Fold down rear seats and we can clean out Costco almost like a minivan! Memory seats are a great feature, but take care of the leather. Very attractive, but starting to show its age faster than I experienced with my USA car. My only "good" rating for comfort is because its not as easy to enter/exit as my "big" car. (but I am a big fat guy.) Once seated, its great.

Jag S 2005

by Jag is my cat from Sweet Home, Oregon | November 10, 2010

2005 S V6 with 35K miles when purchased. Most beautiful car for the price. The V6 and the 6 speed transmission meld together beautifully: seamless shifting. A little awkward self-servicing. Seats, ride and cabin noise not of Lexus quality, but you give up the beauty of the Jag for that ride. I miss the older Cadillac ride and comfort, but we are in a new era in that it does not exist in the new Cadillac. Radio is very low quality. Happy with my Jaguar, especially the retro 60's look of this automobile.

I owned his Jaguar

by Majique from Benton | November 10, 2010

I owned this car and traded it in for a larger sedan since my family is growing. I LOVE this car but a man has to do what's right for his family. Rides great, very-very comfortable, tons of bells and whistles, and POWERFUL yet great gas mileage. Whoever gets this will be extremely pleased.

Featured Services for this Jaguar S-TYPE