2001 Jaguar XJ8

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Jaguar XJ8 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Jag review

by Joe from NC | June 6, 2011

This is the quintessential Jaguar. Fantastic lines and styling. Vehicle is a head turner and a pleasurable drive. Engine reliability is sound. Some issues with some parts have been addressed with new part releases but need to find a vehicle that has been well maintained. This is a genuine Coventry, England built model.

undoubtedly the best road car i have ever driven.

by jw from arlington, texas | March 26, 2011

stylish, comfortable, plenty of zip when needed. the long wheel base xj8l vandenplas is the greatest. i've had 3 in the last ten years.

worst luxury car I've owned

by Road warrior from Detroit, MI | November 11, 2010

After spending over $10,000 in repairs and service for 4 years, the engine conks out...which can be replaced for another $7,000. No thanks. the well earned reputation for mechanical inadequecies is much deserved. The only benefit to the car was the looks...

A Piece of Art with a Smooth, Peformance Kick.

by Bandung Baby from San Diego, CA | March 30, 2010

The most amazing automatic transmission that makes your forget it's not a manual. It doesn't kick down a gear with a nasty thump when accelerating uphill. The exterior speaks for itself. The interior is amazing. The rear seats have plenty of room, the front seats have the snugness of a sport bucket, with the plushness of a Lazy Boy. The reviews that deplore the minimal interior cabin must prefer wasted space that makes other luxury sedans so boxy and unattractive. I'm over six feet and have plenty of headroom.

Great Car!

by JimzJag from Washington, DC | January 16, 2010

I bought this from a member of my family 2 years ago with 78,000 miles on it who bought it new and pampered it. Beyond usual maintenance he had to replace the fuel injectors at about 45,000 miles ($800.00). When I bought it I had to have the interior roof repaired as it was sagging down from the glue losing adhesiveness ($450.00). I use the car for business (financial planner) and it is great! Very comfortable and makes a great impression on clients and at the golf course. A big car..don't expect high performance and handling but if you need it for merging on the highway..the power is there. Beautiful car inside and out with a classy ride. We (my wife and I) LOVE it!!

a great ride

by kingpalm from Palm Springs, CA | December 22, 2008

When we replaced our 2001 vanden Plas with the new 2009 we were very sad. The details on this car, the low profile and the weight are greatly missed. We experienced no problems with this car except the usual maintenance and care. it will be missed.

most costly repairs on a car I've ever owned

by land yacht lover from Detroit, MI | September 22, 2008

I bought this 2001 VDP in March 2007 with approximately 70k miles. After researching the brand and the particular vehicle I thought it was a safe bet to buy. I pampered and treated the car with kid gloves. But every thing on the vehicle begin to break down, the front suspension - $3000 repairs, the back suspension and brakes $2000 in repairs, the cup holder, the windows not fitting tightly, the doors not unlocking...it has been a nightmare. And last but not least, the transmission has blown. I went to the repairman, who told me he had quoted 3 of the same repairs that week! The cost? $4,200. With kids in college and the economy so tight, I have had to put the car in the garage and store it until I can raise the cash and I'm back to driving my wife's old van. Needless to say, I think this car is a totally beautiful piece of mechanical garbage....I was fooled by her beauty, but it has been nothing but a beast. Save your money and your sanity; when you go to the car lot and see that gorgeous body and you hear her beautiful siren call, run, don't walk, run away as fast as you can.

Featured Services for this Jaguar XJ8