2003 Jaguar X-TYPE

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Jaguar X-TYPE 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Good value

by Signalman from Thousand Oaks, CA | October 27, 2013

I purchased my 2003 X-type new in Dec. 2002. Great looking car. No major problems. Minor problems like a leaking water pump and a leaking thermostat. Both problems fixed easily. With 131K miles on the car, the both the engine and transmission have performed well with no malfunctions. The 2002 X-type did have problems with the 5-spd automatic trans. but my 2003 has had no trans. problems since I purchased it almost 11 yrs ago. The engine (6 cylinder, 3.0 liter) is smooth and has plenty of power in almost every situation. One recommendation I would give is to purchase a 2003 over a 2002, as a used car. The 2002, being the first year the car was made, did have some problems, especially with the transmission. Gas mileage for my X-type is "not bad". I get, overall, about 22mpg in city/highway driving combined.

Have SOOO enjoyed this car!

by Love Cars from | April 26, 2012

I bought this car used in 2006. (My sister had an '02 and I liked hers.) I made sure to get the 3.0 ltr engine on her recommendation. This car is FUN! I actually tested the 0 - 60 and it does get there in 6.2 seconds, just like they said. Handling is Great with the AWD. Love the "growl" of the engine, lets me know I'm driving a Jaguar. Mine is British Racing Green w/ tan interior, very pretty. (Also has the extra wood trim on the radio and overhead where the moonroof controls are.) My only complaints are the cabin noise, (I just turn the stereo louder! lol), only one front cup holder, (they put two in the next year), and lack of seat comfort, (long drives wear me out!) Otherwise, one couldn't beat this car for the money. It is now 2012 and I Still love this car! The problem is that with 78,000 + miles, the trans has started to slip. I don't blame the manufacturer as I know I have driven this car kind of hard. Now do I fix the trans, or try to replace the car? Hmm...

The most beautiful car I ever owned!

by The Brooks from Middletown,CT | February 25, 2011

What a sweet ride-not the greatest on gas(otherwise I would have purchased a Corolla)but handles very well-esp with AWD. Everyone loves the way it looks-a pretty kiddie!

Jag XType Brilliant

by bhockey47 from Huntington,, NY | February 2, 2011

I bought an XType from a used car dealer, and it turned out what I expected, a truly used car. My most recent Jag XType was purchased privately, with all of the records and an extended warranty. The car has performed brilliantly.

A very sad, disappointing car

by sadjag from tn | January 31, 2011

This car is beautiful, but I have problems with it almost weekly. I have never wrecked, and I take it in for maintenance, but it just keeps messing up. I have had the coolant problems like so many others. It's just not worth it.

Jaguar X-Type

by Gino from DuBois, PA | December 2, 2010

I purchased a 2003 Jaguar X-Type with 37,000 original miles in September 2010. I did have one incident with the car two weeks after I had purchased it. It would turn over, start, idle nice and then stall out as I put it in reverse. Eventually it would quit starting all together. The big problem is that I live in rural PA and the nearest Jag dealer was 120 miles away. I had to have the car towed to Pittsburgh only to find that a corroded wire caused the issue. Of course that was $800 later. However now after getting the wire fixed, I love the car. I was looking for an AWD vehicle, with a little bit of class and I am very pleased with the car. We have had some snow the last couple of days the car does not slip a wheel. Very pleased so far. The interior id very nice, the car is very stiff and sporty and handles nicely.

Best value for your money!

by tthein from Leawood, KS | November 12, 2010

I bought my x-type about 3 months ago so I guess I can't say much about the reliability yet. The interior and exterior are the nicest I've ever owned and the car was the cheapest I've ever owned... I got it with 39k for $8,800 which was a steal. The 3.0 liter engine supposedly has much more power, but I have the 2.5. It drives very smooth but when you accelerate quickly then decelerate quickly the transmission kind of stutters. Other than that the car is perfect! There is wood everywhere, and the steering wheel emblem is beautiful. When you turn the lights on, the little jaguar marque in the dash lights up which is pretty cool too. I would definitely recommend this car to anyone looking for a luxury car at a low price.

My ultimate dream car!

by Cat Woman from Sunny California | August 13, 2010

Nice handling car, a bit under powered with the 2.5, great looking interior and comfortable. It's annoying that it only has one cup holder. Gas mileage could be a bit better(19/24) on premium. Not many problems with 63K on it, just minor stuff that was covered by warranty. Love the body style in the zircon metallic with the cream interior. The sun roof is the best with hardly any wind noise.

jag xtype

by like cars from akron, ohio | July 15, 2010

About the only complaint I have with this car is that there is only one cup holder in the front. It's fun to drive, looks great and does good on gas mileage. Cost was reasonable and it has been very reliable. I have over 135,000 miles so far and have had to replace a radiator hose.

Jaguar 2.5 2003

by JaguarAtHeart from Colorado Rockies | January 31, 2010

I bought the car used when i was 16 with 70,000 miles on it. I think the car is extremely underpowered leading too high rpm take offs and thus harsh ware on the transmission. I would recommend the 3.0 to anyone. it has a great takeoff, and handling. The car is stylish and comfortable.

Featured Services for this Jaguar X-TYPE