2004 Jaguar X-TYPE

See Photos & Videos

Overall

get a jag

by deluxor from Chicago | October 4, 2013

Got this from Chicago car guys, 58k miles, manual trans. I love the car, humms like a cat, nice leather and sunroof. Its a v6. Sodo decent gas mileage if you can drive stick right. Already took this on a road trip from to Detroit and drove great.

Found a good one

by Not easy to please from Norwalk, CT | August 16, 2013

Found a real nice car for a very fair price. The whole sales experience was smooth and painless. My sales girl Shay was great.

Simple

by Cardude from Lancaster PA | August 7, 2013

I recently bought a 2004 Jaguar X type from Tom Masano MB in Reading that I found on Cars.com. The car is very nice, and as advertised. The sales experience was exceptional. For busy professionals, online is the very best way to car shop!

What a GREAT car!!!

by JD from Centerville. OH | July 18, 2013

I purchased my 04 about two years ago and just simply love it. I seriously haven't enjoyed a car this much for a long, long time. Mine is the black manual 5 speed and its pickup, cornering performance and straight line driving is just a pleasure that is hard to describe. Most of the time I find I leave the radio off (which is a wonderful radio) just to listen to the purr of the engine as I go through the gears. It turns heads continually, is sophisticated and comfortable in the interior, and looks very sporty and is not in any way stodgy. I have had no problems with it mechanically and I use it daily.

As advertised

by BC from Connecticut | May 3, 2013

I bought this x-type about 4 months ago It had 20100 miles on it and the car was everything that the seller had said and in better condition than my wildest dreams. I took a shot and bought it sight unseen. I knew that the price was right so it wasn't very risky. I had owned two x-types before so I knew what to expect. Overall a great experience.

Excellent car

by cathycc from Logansport IN | April 21, 2013

I love this Jaguar! It is a real headturner and I get many compliments .But, mostly I love how it drives. It handles beautifully and I love how the engine sounds while I am behind the wheel.I only gave it a 4 star on reliability because I have only owned it for a short time so I have no basis for this yet.However, It seems very reliable so far.

Great deal

by Jag from Atlanta,Ga | December 8, 2012

I found a great deal had pretty good customer servicade the experience easy for me. I would definetly recommend this mode for car shopping

Awesome all round vehicle

by Jag X type from Mahwah | June 11, 2012

Bought the Jag used with 80k on the odometer. I was extremely nervous to purchase a Jag with that many miles. I have not ran into one problem yet and have put 40k miles on her. I bought the 2.5L which is awesome on fuel consumption but does lack acceleration power. Although, the top end performance is amazing for such a small motor. AWD is definitely the way to go and is extremely well composed in the snow and at higher speeds in the wet. Another flaw is trying to get mechanics to work on a Jag, because many shy away. Styling is sleek and the price is very reasonable for purchasing a pre-owned vehicle because of a high depreciation rate. All round great car and experience.

Great AWD Car

by Mountain Man from Boise Mountains, Idaho | February 13, 2012

Got this car for winter driving and have taken a trip that went very well and love the looks of the car. First time I have ever had others say "Great looking car!" Getting between 22 and 24 mpg driving up and down the mountain passes. Would do better if I could resist hot-rodding around!

3 month review

by Traveler from Bel Air, MD | July 7, 2011

Bought the Jag x-type, 2.5 litre, manual shift, used, a little over 3 months ago with 94K miles. I call it a "no-frills" model. Have since put 10K miles on it, with the only issue being blown head lights. It's not powerful from a deadstop, but will easily cruise at 80mph+. I drive 160+ miles a day, and average 26mph with mixed driving. With decent tires, handles excellent in rainy weather with AWD system. I expect similar handling in the snow. Interior has held up, with the exception being the material on the A-pillars and C-pillars coming loose. Manual Trans shifts nicely, and the climate control systems works well. Nice car for not a lot of money!

Featured Services for this Jaguar X-TYPE