2012 Jaguar XF

Available in 4 styles:  2012 Jaguar XF 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Enjoyable ride

by Really nice car! from Santa Anna, CA | September 23, 2014

Great & really enjoyable car, but not great on MPG. It's a V8 so it does chew through the gas! But it's fun to drive a V8

Just Getting Started with this Jag

by New To Jags from Chicago | July 23, 2014

Bought it used just a month ago. Very clean with only 17K miles and very well kept. Still playing with the sets to find the right position. Wish the tail lights were more distinctive. Love the look from the front. Flip it into Sports mode and it's a lot of fun. Interior is great. Overall, while its only been a month, I'm happy.

Jaguar XF 2012

by slakehoops from Dallas, TX | July 21, 2014

Car looks nice, rides great, but it very, very unreliable. We have had to call Road Service four times in the past year because the car wouldn't start or some other problem exists. VERY POOR. Secondly, we had to separately take it into the shop three times for other, non-related problems. We would not purchase this car again under any condition.

Style & Luxury

by Jim from Chicago, IL | May 5, 2014

Beautiful ... Fast ... Quiet ... Superb Handling ... reasonable gas mileage Wipers occasionally come on when the car is started. Turning the car off ... restarting it ... hit the "one wipe" lever and it is fixed. Radio and Nav Voice went out today. It came back an hour or so later after three restarts. Noisy driver side window. I think that might be part of the Jag experience.

Beautifu Car

by Love Our Jaguar from illinois | September 10, 2013

A fun drive. Great design. Interior is really special. This car makes you feel good whenever you drive it.

A true drivers car...

by Jagtastic from Virginia Beach, VA | May 20, 2013

I've owned Audi's, BMWs and VWs over the past decade. None of them were as engaging or able to deliver a scintillating driving experience as well as my 2012 XF. The car is beautiful from every angle and the interior makes you feel very special with high quality materials and switch gear. Performance wise, it has a great dual personality. On one side, it can cruise and eat miles like a luxury sedan. On the other, it is a rapturous performance sedan worhty of any canyon carving adventure. I thoroughly enjoy being able to live in both worlds without sacrifice. The only short comings are a smallish back seat. I have small children, so that is not an issue for me. I look forward to many miles in this excellent sprots sedan.

Excellent performance/luxury sedad

by Completely Satisfied from Las Vegas | March 5, 2013

The new generation Jaguar is nothing short of exceptional in every detail. I traded a 2010 Maserati Quattroporte S for the XF and could not be happier! Finish, detail, performance and luxury features are top notch. Before you consider an exotic or a Mercedes, Lexus or Audi I recommend that you drive a Jaguar - you will not be disappointed. The price is comparable to a similar equipped Audi, Lexus or Cadillac but you won't be buying a leather bound version of VW, Toyota or Chevy - Instead you will be getting a superior engineered performance luxury sedan. Highly recommended.

Really fast

by Jaguar Virgin from San Diego, CA | December 26, 2012

My wife and I had an '09 Audis S5 (mine) and 08' BMW 335 Coupe (hers) and it became time to do a refresh on the BMW. We test drove both an Audi A6 and a BMW 550. Neither excited us but we were leaning more toward the BMW. Then I saw the new 2012 Jags. Wanting 4 doors and sporty the XF was the car I wanted to check out. When I went to the dealer told the sale guy what I was comparing the Jag to he suggested I test drive the super charged XF and the XFR (the latter of which I had to eliminate due to budget.) With in 5 minutes of my test drive I was having a blast and well kinda falling in love. The the salesman said, you should try putting it in sport mode and press that (dynamic performance) button. The car suspension stiffened and the accelerator became much more responsive holding RPMs always and keeping me in the optimal gear for performance (I later discovered the paddle shifters.) I had to have this car... I have now owned the car for two months and love it. I love the sound of the engine, the performance and on long drives my wife loves the comfort. While no one buys a V8 for great gas mileage I still get 17-22 mpg (way better than the S5 but with an extra 120 HP. My only complaints are a super cheap glove box (you push a chrome button and it drops open like it is broken.) Also when pulling out of my driveway or other parking spot a warning pops up on the Nav screen telling me to be careful and watch for objects or something like that. A minor thing but I have been driving for 20 years (most of which with out electronic parking aides) and have managed this log with out being warned. With all of the joy the car brings me I can look past those two issues.

Beautiful car

by my second jaguar from san francisco | December 18, 2012

Really love this car - I've had BMW 3, 5, and 7 series, Audi A6 and Mercedes SLK and none of them come close. The Jag is rarer and therefore more interesting - I've never had so many people call out "beautiful car!" at stoplights. Goes like a bat out of heck and so far has been utterly, utterly reliable at 35k miles...

No more problems than any other car

by D from chicago | November 23, 2012

Don't know what the beef is about the XF quality issues. I have had a 2010 for several years and have only had minor issues (with radio) and a tail light repair (covered by recall). Have driven thousand of miles at 21 mpg, great road car, extremely comfortable. Woud buy another one without hesitating. Two trips to dealer for minor issues are hardly a maintenence issue as far as I am concerned.