2009 Jaguar XJ

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Suprised by the XJ

by XJ8 Driver from Shaker Heights, Ohio | November 4, 2008

I have always like the styling of Jaguars, yet have never purchased one due to concerns about their reliability. When I noticed the price difference between a Mercedes Benz S550 and a XJ8, I immediately looked further into a Jaguar. When I went to test drive the XJ, I was impressed with how direct the steering response was, and how I felt engaged when I was behind the wheel. The car soaks up potholes and road imperfections like a sponge, and has seats with excellent lumbar support. My absolute favorite part about this car is the way it looks, inside and out. The Mercedes, BMW, and Lexus big sedans are all very boring looking, and kind of ugly. They all look as though they have to prove something to someone. The Jaguar XJ however, seems kind of content with itself, not trying to prove anything. I really love the lines on the side of the car, and especially the character lines on the hood. The inside is lovely, mine with beige leather with navy piping and beautiful burled wood inlays. The technology is not the most state of the art, but it is much easier to use than anything I have come across. I chose the color Radiance. It is a dark red and looks absolutely stunning, especially on a sunny day. The engine does lack horsepower, but the car is lightweight because it is made from aluminum, so it actually is quite quick, and economical. In the city, I get about 18 mpg. On the highway however, I get 28 miles per gallon. (Yes, I am serious.) I love my Jaguar XJ. I would recommend it to anyone in the market for such a vehicle, and absolutely love my daily commute to the office in my beautiful Jaguar XJ.

Featured Services for this Jaguar XJ