2008 Jaguar XJ

Available in 5 styles:  2008 Jaguar XJ 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

A terrific large performer

by Jaguar Enthusiast from Chicago, Illinois | March 6, 2008

When you look in todays car magazines, you don't see many comparisons with Jaguars. After recently acquiring a 2008 XJR, I cannot figure out why not. First, this car is very very quick. It has been tested for a 0-60 time of 4.8 seconds. Second, it is very comfortable, especially on those long trips I take through cold Chicago on a weekly basis. Third, this big car sips fuel, as I get 24 miles per gallon on the highway, and a respectable 18 in the city. The speed and fuel efficiency comes from Jaguar's aluminum structure, which makes it very lightweight. This means it drives better. When I through it into a corner hard, I feel like I am driving a small sports car. It has plenty of bells and whistles, not as many as a brutish S-Class Mercedes Benz, but still plenty. My XJR has navigation, TV monitors in the back seat, heated and cooled seating, as well as a heated steering wheel. The interior is just gorgeous, with beautiful beige leather with piping and walnut wood veneer. Of course, their are more contemporary styles available in this car too, but I am happy with my choice. I test dove two other cars, an Audi S8 and a used Mercedes Benz S63 AMG. The Audi was wonderful, and I have nothing against it. The problem was though, is that it cost 10k more than the fully loaded Jag. The Mercedes however, was a nightmare. I don't care if it can out sprint anything slower than a Ferrari. It was a enormous boat and couldn't handle to save its own dreadful fuel bill.(12 mpg) Also, the USED model I tested cost $114,900. Once you put every option on the Jaguar, it costs just shy of 90k. Not a bargain, but still a wonderful car. If you like this, my only other recommendation would be the Lamborghini powered Audi S8.

Featured Services for this Jaguar XJ