2014 Jaguar XK

2014 Jaguar XK
Available in 8 styles:  2014 Jaguar XK 2dr Convertible shown

Overall

Jaguar, There is None Finer!!!

by DocT from Fort Washington, MD | May 19, 2016

Bought a 2014 Jaguar XKR Convertible new in July of 2015. Traded in my 2013 Jaguar XK touring Convertible for it. I have to say this was one of the best things I have ever done. Loved the 2013 XK. It was the touring model which meant very little as only a few options were missing. It was smooth with a soft ride and when driven, I thought I was riding in a Jaguar sedan. It had the same 5.0L engine as the XKR, but was normally aspirated and put out 385 hp. The car was a blast, but I saw the XKR and desired more power. Looking on Cars.com one night, I found one that I loved in the pictures and the next morning I went to see it. It was love at first sight!!! Once I drove the car I knew I was taking it home with me!!! The power is incredible and smooth!!! The ride is a little harder than my previous touring, but this is more of a performance car. The car moves effortlessly!! I have had it 150mph and the car felt just as stable as at 55mph!!! The handling is really good, but has to be respected! When cornering hard and applying power, it must be done smoothly or the rear end will kick out and try to come around. Once this is known, the car can be driven precisely. The quality of the car build is wonderful!!! suede and leather are everywhere!! I have the standard seats that have all sorts of adjustments. the seats are heated and ventilated. The steering wheel is also. The headlights move with you as you turn, takes some time to get used to. The technology is good. The Bluetooth is for phone only, but I bought a tune-2-air bluetoothe adapter and can now stream my music through the system without issue!! I have taken this car on a few road trips and was not tired when I got there. Only thing about this car is gas mileage. On the highway I get 20 mpg and around town 17 mpg. Do not believe the professional reviews of this car being long in tooth or not as good as Porsche. Go see for yourself!!! I have had many 911 Porsches and to get the luxury and performance from a 911 to compare you will spend more money!! The ride of this car versus a 911 is not comparable. I have driven the XK 5hours and felt good!! after 1 hour in the 911 I have to get out!!! I am 6'3" and #240 and the 911 is just ok for me. I would highly recommend this car!!! I Hve had no maintenance issues other than a dead battery in almost a year and this was replaced by the dealer without fuss for no charge!!!