2005 Jaguar XK8

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Performance, Luxury and Value in one car

by Used Jag XK Fan from So Cal | January 29, 2010

I love cars, especially this one. This is an extraordinarily beautiful Jaguar, or should we call it a panther since its all black, with its flowing lines, aggressive stance and 19" chromes. The interior is gorgeous; black leather and charcoal suede upholstery with a carbon fiber dash accented by delicate chrome rings around the analog gauges - a pleasing blend of high-tech and retro styles. Its all quiet and comfort until I step on the stainless steel gas pedal and unleash the 300 horses. Its not as fast as my 370HP XKR was but the ride isn't as stiff or as noisy but still lots of fun. Also the trunk will hold two sets of golf clubs. Find that in another sports car. Can we talk about value now? Its easy to find these cars with low miles and after 5 years they've depreciated 50-70% so I buy them and put a 3-4 year extended warranty on them. Total cost of maint and depreciation should be $3-4K per year but my last one was only $2100/yr not including the cost of money. Cheaper than driving a Honda and way cooler and way more fun. Very reliable, check the J.D.Powers ratings, I average 1 mechanical problem every two years. They're expensive to repair, that's why the extended warranty.

What a Cat!

by Jaguar XK enthusiast from New Jersey | July 19, 2008

Short time XK owner. I purchased a 05 triple black with very low miles recently. Only problem in the last few months of ownership was the convertable top. Apparently a piston broke which the dealer tells me is rare and the passenger seat had a motor which was not working. Before I purchased my vehicle both motorized headrests were not working. For these problems I give it a four star rating in the features catagory. Other than those problems I have been enjoying my Jaguar to the fullest. I do like other Jaguar owners get many turning heads, thumbs up and many compliments from friends and strangers. It has been one of my favorite cars in my collection. I can only recommend getting and extended warranty due to the high cost of maintaining this fine cat!

What a Gorgeous Cat

by Jag Daddy Forever from Space Coast, FL | November 8, 2006

I bought this car three months ago, and I am still thrilled every time I get in it. It purrs down the road; and on the highway, she lets you know that quality design and engineering are behind you. The beauty and grace of this truly magnificent machine will never fade, no matter how many years I drive it. Purchasing a Jaguar is a commitment to preserving the history of car making at its finest.

A beautiful car !

by Jon McClean from Cincinnati, Ohio | May 11, 2006

I purchased a 2005 XK8 some months ago, and still get that exciting feeling as I enter the garage in the morning, and leave work in the afternoon. These are beautiful, beautiful cars to own and drive. I recommend doing so without reservation. Getting in and out simply takes some practice, but well worth the experience. The build quality and overall driving experience are excellent, and I frequently get passers buy compliment the form of the car. What a fantastic combination of engineering and design.

Featured Services for this Jaguar XK8