2000 Jaguar XKR

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Gorgeous Cat

by Joe from Louisville | August 22, 2012

If you buy one of these cars, I guarantee your free time will be divided by either driving it or dreaming about driving it. Yes, it is that amazing! I prefer the convertible despite believing the coupe if far more striking. The relatively high repair cost has made these cars a steal in the used car market, but will come as a shock to the un-indoctrinated Jaguar owner. Though, this has to be the most reliable Jag in history. This Jag has an amazing ride while still performing like an exotic. Just put the top down, enjoy the factory Alpine audiophile sound system, and cruise in absolute luxury. If you feel a little more daring though, just press the accelerator and it instantly becomes an authenic sports car. 0 to 60 is reportedly just over the 5 second mark and I submit that is no exaggeration. Driving this car will make you feel like a celebrity. Rarely is there a time when I stop and someone does not ask me questions about the car. Usually begining with "what is it?" I have owned many sports cars and roadsters. This is by far my favorite. If you can find one of these, are willing to risk the repair cost, and truly enjoy the thrill of driving at this level, buy it!

Safety Fast

by Breidy from San Diego | February 18, 2009

I actually bought the car pictures above a few weeks ago. It is as suggested a fabulous example of European design coupled with American production. As Jaguar was owned by Ford at the time this 2000 model was built it shares a lot of superficial bits and pieces with other Ford/Lincoln cars of its time. I have owned numerous Jags and other British cars over the years and feel that this car is a prime example of a very high performance Grad Touring car that makes no compromise in luxury, handling, appearance and is well suited to the needs of Americans that need to drive in a much wider variety of weather and road conditions found in England. The unfortunate lack of marketing ability Ford showered on the Jaguar brand is much to the advantage of the buyer of used European luxury high performance cars. Many other European cars with much the same characteristics sell at a higher price and seem to suffer a lot more from the abuse that comes from owners that try to scrimp on the cost of repairs. It’s been my experience that because of the initial cost of the XKR owners seem to maintain them with grater care. The XJR especially deserves great attention due to the nearly 400 HP it delivers with a little encouragement from your right foot. If you haven’t driven one you owe it to yourself to do so before the economy and price of gasoline make owning a marvelous automobile like the XKR a thing of the past!!!

awesome cat

by Mike from NY NY | January 1, 2009

bought one 2 years ago. can't go wrong. It's an eye popper, luscious, curvey, super charged , 390 horse power 0 to 60 in 5.2 sec.

Enjoyable Test Drive

by Ruby Two from Wilmington, OH | May 25, 2007

It just called me from the its spot on the lot...a beautiful, white 2000 XKR with tan interior. I just had to ogle for a few minutes before attempting a ride in it. For such a seemingly long body, it still had that "I wear my sportscar" feeling as I buckled into it. My initial reaction to the steering was plenty of surprise...very loose pulling out of the parking slot. Once on the road, an amazing transformation to its fighter jet, small steering input, higher speed handling. The acceleration was something I had never experienced before, in what seemd like instants I was in traffic ticket territory. The XKR did 0-70 before I could imagine it. The brakes required a bit more pressure than I would have expected, but once I gauged it out, I could plan braking more effectively. This was a top up or down beauty. Little details came out as I looked at it after my ride, There's no car I've seen more pleasing to the eye: exhaust loacation and tips, trunk keyhole, fuel door release, supercharger induction vents, the curvy Jaguar lines. A lovely car, an absolutely lovely motoring experience..

Featured Services for this Jaguar XKR