2001 Jaguar XKR

2001 Jaguar XKR

Available in 2 styles:  2001 Jaguar XKR 2dr Coupe shown

16 city / 22 hwy

Overall

Impressive styling and nice lines

by Jaglover from Watertown, NY | October 4, 2010

I've been dreaming of owning a Jaguar since I was a young boy. Finally after many, many years I was able to afford a used one. Although I was looking for a 2003-2005 model XKR, I found a 2001 XKR that was immaculate and in MINT condition with very LOW mileage. It was a dream come true and I grabbed it right away for a very reasonable price. Now when I drive around town, I notice many a head turn my way. The throaty growl from under her hood and the acceleration from the 370 supercharged horses is as impressive as her sleek styling from behind. She's a beauty for an old gal!!!

"Muskel-Kater" - or my muscle cat

by Senator1962 from Frankfurt, Germany | May 5, 2007

Having bought a pre-owned 2002 model in September 2006 I am now a happy Jag-owner: it is always a surprise to Porsche drivers when the Cat will beat them: 397 horse powers make the XKR not only an attractive alternative but also oe of the fastest runners on German Autobahns. Despite that the seat distance is a little too short for my size, this is a beautifull example of craftmanship: excellent interior, nice exterior style and endless power under the hood. I have spent some additional money to get the car now to MY 2005 (Celebration style) incl 20" Detroit wheels and the quad-pipe exhaust. Whenever you think buying a serious sports car, don't forget the XKR: compared to rivals such as Porsche, Maserati, Aston or others, the Jag seems almost a bargain buy since Jaguar has brought out the new style XK/XKR in 2006.

Head turner

by jagman from Dallas, Texas | November 8, 2006

This car gets more "that's a beautiful car" comments than any other i've owned. My wife loved having a car that nobody else on the road has. We are selling it for something more comfortable for longer trips for a 6'2",220lb. man. The acceleration pins you in the seat getting on the freeway, and the car corners like it was on rails. It won't keep up with a carrera, but you don't have to crawl over railroad tracks, either. The visibility is a bit poor with the top up. Knock on wood, we have had very few problems. Thermostat stuck on the radiator, which was easily fixed. Great car!

Featured Services for this Jaguar XKR