2002 Jaguar XKR

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Love this car

by Detroit guy from Washington, DC | February 7, 2014

Very, very fun to drive, turns heads even from non-car geeks, and hardly an issue with it over ten years. The coupe is much quieter and a little tighter than the convertible. Only downside is that it is awful on snow and ice - you'd best know how to drive if you're out with it.

Smoothest Car

by Cat Fan from San Diego CA | April 25, 2009

My 2002 Jaguar XKR convertible, which I purchased used, has turned out to be a great choice. I wasn't too sure originally, given Jaguar's long-standing reputation for producing cool but finicky cars. In this case, I liked the styling, I liked the super-charged engine, and I liked the ride -- especially the acceleration and the smooth cruising. Still, I decided to have it checked by a mechanic before purchasing it. The mechanics were genuinely enthusiastic about the XKR, and gave it a thumbs up. They weren't wrong, and the car has proven to be a great purchase. A few weeks ago, I took it on a 350-mile day trip. It handled perfectly all the way, crusing at an average of 80 mph with no problem. When needed, it could jump up to 100 with ease. I ride in style, comfort, and safety. I have the power to get out of tight spots, and I also have lots of assurance from the powerful brakes. I enjoy this car immensely, and am glad I bought it.

2002 XKR Convertible - Recommended Fun

by Uncle Kinky from Chicago | May 28, 2008

I've owned my traditional BRG (British Racing Green) painted XKR for about one year. Highly recommended fun on the highway and in the city. I have never owned a rag top before and wasn't sure how I'd take to it. It's the way to go for this genre auto. The Alpine sound is great and the burled English walnut on the dash and elsewhere is fitting of the XKR. Performance is satisfying with the suupercharged 4L V8, and it keeps pushing hard at 115+ mph. Wind noise is quite low with the top up if you have to. Wear a jacket and hat when the temp dips to the low 60s. This is what it's about to be in your own world for the time your driving...

Featured Services for this Jaguar XKR