2003 Jaguar XKR

2003 Jaguar XKR

Available in 2 styles:  2003 Jaguar XKR 2dr Coupe shown

16 city / 23 hwy

Overall

Very nice used exotic sports car!

by Happy Jaguar owner from Indiana | March 24, 2014

I absolutely love my Jaguar. I was looking for something in the 15-20K range for a used exotic sports car. I made the right decision in my 2003 xkr. With almost 400 horsepower and the best body style of any jaguar ever built it was a bargain vs brands like Mercedes and BMW which I see on the road every day. Its a real head turner and very rare. Ive only seen 3 others on the road in the past 2 years, I was worried about Jaguars reputation with reliability in the past but have had to put nothing into the car other than synthetic oil changes. I get compliments every where I go and the car is over 10 years oid, Heck of a car for the money.

1 BAD CAT

by 1 BAD CAT from Michigan | December 28, 2013

Stunning looks, awesome performance and best yet dependable for me. There is nothing on the road for the price that I would even think of getting over my Jag Love my XKR a true classic icon for Jaguar

Best Jag ever made

by XKR #1 from Las Vegas, CAL | January 26, 2013

The Jaguar XKR is the best car I have owned for the money. I have lots of sports cars and this one you can not beat. Its one of the sexiest body styles ever made and is a true collectible. I have a 1997 XK8 and a 2003 XKR, which Jaguar improved the model by thousands of new parts a better engine and is much more reliable and have absolutely zero complaints. Its really a GT cruiser not a full out sports car but once that supercharger kicks theres plenty of powe with 390 ponies under the hood. Its not the fastest car out there but with the sexy body style, gorgeous interior, and dependability I love drviing my XKR on a regular basis. I have a 2004 SL500 AMG as well and although it outperforms the XKR on the track, I prefer to drive my XKR more as its more comfortable and still gives me butterflies seeing it on the road and just love cruising the highway in it. 5 stars for me and do not prefer the newer body styles/interior of the 2007 up models. Nobody can top what Jaguar did with this model. I will keep these 2 cats for a long time!

Most Beautiful Car You'll ever Hate

by Honest Tom from Los Angeles | December 25, 2012

I had a 1991 Sovereign, and a 1996 XKR and looked at a low-mileage cherry 2003 XK8 Convertible. I read reviews, almost all of which were positive, and bought the XK8. i SHOULD have researched the Jaguar (owners) forums instead. I thought that the 2003 model, which jaguar boasted as having more than 300 upgrades over the 1998-2002 cars, was most improved over the 1991 and 1996 cars I had - wrong ! Same lousy build quality and screwball electrical problems - sometimes the windows will crack when the door is open but not go back up so that the window "creeps"down and you'll need to constantly keep putting it back up. The seat memory is about 50%, steering wheel about 90%. Check the Jaguar forums - almost EVERYONE's headrests are dead. CHECK ENGINE lights and FAULTS galore, often leaving you in "limp home"mode and without cruise control. Faulty hydraulics in the convertible tops resulting in "green showers" for plenty of owners. Don't even think about buying the ZF transmission that the dealers universally"flash" as their only fix then blow the car out the door. Alpine Navigation that is NOT upgradeable - 2003 is the last update - go ahead, call any dealer and find out. Don't kid yourself - i've found that the good reviews are mostly written by people who drive these cars a few thousand miles a year OR have driven econo-boxes all their lives now feel "special" with their Jaguar, no matter what it costs them in dollars and trouble. I would NEVER buy another of these lousy machines and caution anyone considering one to do a LOT of careful homework or be ready for some expensive and frequent trouble. Research the Jaguar owners forums THEN read them again if you're not convinced you can do MUCH better than a used Jaguar. There is a VERY GOOD reason these once-expensive cars have no real resale value.

Buy one and here her purrrr!!

by Black JAG from Wisconsin | March 12, 2011

Ive had my 03 Jag XKR for 2 years and still love pulling it out of the garage! Its exotic and beautiful looking and have nothing but compliments on it. Cruises effortless on the highway and whistles when the gas is pressed and supercharger takes over. COuldnt ask for anything better combined with the beatiful wood dash and awesome sound system. I like the pre 07 XKR interiors much better than the newer ones which dont look as rich. Only thing I wish they added was a manual. A 90K car brand new I got mine for a fraction of the cost and so can you. If your looking for a fun summer car that really turns heads you can find out for around 20 K. Very dependalble so far :)

Out of my league

by Friarshuck from Nebraska | December 30, 2010

Bought this car used. Yes, it has a few small problems, but, this XKR performs very well. It was a very expensive car when new and it seems Jags don't maintain their value very well. That's fine with me as I could never own a car with the leather, the wood, the class, the looks of this car otherwise. I love this car. It is beautiful, handles good and is pretty darn fast. Capable of more than I will ever be able to wring out of it. Am I happy? You bet.

beautiful with some issues

by jag2010 from Minnesota | March 13, 2010

I just bought a 2003 xkr with 66K for 15K. Well below blue book. I drove it home from Florida to Minnesota and the car drives great especially crusing on the freeway! 90 feels effortfless, and is a real gt cruisor. The only complaint i have is a bad window regulator and a drainage on the battery. Battery is dead after about 36 hours, still trying to figure out the reason. I think its one the best looking and driving vehicles on the road today, had many compliments on the car already. Would recommend it if the price is right and can afford some electrical gremilins repairs! Other minor issues are random displays cruise not available and check rear lights on dash and o2 sensors going bad! Awesome car none the less:)

Umbelievable!!!

by luccio from | December 7, 2008

As a Jaguar fan, I owned pretty much all sports type for the past 25 years and I can tell you that 2003 was the year to get the new XKR. Most beautiful body and front grid, very fast and very powerful with its new 4.2L engine, very smooth with its ZF 6 speeds transmission. Great comfort... And I still own my 2003 XKR and runs and drives like a new Jag...

Still commands attention

by fastscot from Orange County, CA | September 12, 2008

With looks like that, the XKR still turns heads even although the car is now 5 years old. We bought a low mileage 2003 XKR convertible in 2007 with the 20" BBS wheels and adaptive cruise control options for about a third of the new retail price and have no regrets. Our previous car was a 2001 C5 corvette and the Jaguar has almost identical performance although my gut feeling is that the XKR pulls a bit harder in the 60 - 90 speed range. The handling doesn't have the go-kart feel of the corvette but can still be pushed to produce uncomfortably high g-forces on tight bends. It's also much, much quieter with only the moan of the supercharger being heard when you push the gas pedal harder. The steering is precise but a little over-assisted for my liking. With the top down, there is minimal wind buffeting and you can still hear the radio (great sound!). The adaptive cruise control is quite remarkable and enabled me to safely drive from Las Vegas to Southern California with rarely having to touch the pedals. The cruise control is not affected by vehicles in adjacent lanes and even manages to track the car in front on tight bends. The opulent interior is very British with all the leather and wood, but the buttons on the central panel are somewhat randomly placed. The DVD navigation system is easy to use and accurate. I do miss the heads-up display on the corvette - it made for a much safer driving experience at higher speeds and made you more aware of how fast you were going. The XKR is a pleasure to drive, especially on a long trip. I owned a number of British sports cars before I moved from Scotland to the USA in 1987 and the Jaguar has been by far the best one yet!

Featured Services for this Jaguar XKR