1994 Jeep Cherokee

See Photos & Videos

Overall

A Great Vehicle

by Dave's Jeep from Annapolis, MD | January 14, 2013

I have owned this Jeep "Country" since new. Never saw the inside of a garage. I drove it 100.000 miles in two years then gave it to my wife who put another 65,000 over the next 17 years. Never let eather of us down on the road. Strong bullet proof engine and driveline. I got my wife a new car and took the Jeep back as my regular driver. Properly maintained, I expect this vehicle to go on for ever! I just had it repainted the original dark metalic green keeping the belt and below gold cladding. Original gold interior looks great although I did replace the headliner about 5 years ago. It looks AND runs like new!!!

Owner of 1979 Wagoneer with 434,060 original miles

by Jimmy B. from long island, ny | March 5, 2012

Ive owned 3 jeeps and just bought a 2001 jeep cherokee sport with 90,010 miles. My 1st jeep country was invovled in a hit and run. My wagoneer with the original 360 2bbl runs great! It stinks in gas, but it loves snow! The last snow stom we had, a plow was following me! My new truck, a 2001 jeep cherokee sport. Its great on gas, and is ALL power. It has the in-line indestuctable 6 cylinder. The A/C is ice col, the heat, well talk aboout Florida. I bought this truck from a dealer. I love the way it drives. Turn the key, cant hear the motor. Alls anyone has to do is change all the fluids, after that, the truck will take care of you. All in all, Chrysler should of never stopped making this truck!

Funnest, Most Rebliable Car IN THE WORLD!

by 1995 Jeep Cherokee LOVER! from Nevada, NV | October 11, 2010

This truck, Is the mst reliable thing I have ever owned in my life. I am 51. It may be an ugly truck in some peoples eyes, But in mine...It's my lifeline. Put your foot on the gas and wave bye bye mofo to people in 2009 cars, trucks and sedans. JEEP FOR LIFE! I'd definitely recommend this product to a friend, Its VERY RELIABLE, FUN, Stylish, Comfy, And most of all...Its got 190 horses linked to a five speed manual transmission. I have a BLACK two door, five speed transmission, with the long window in the back, Its absoloutely BONE STOCK. Its got many dings, scratches and blemishes...But it comes in handy when I need her the most!

Very fun truck!

by Silvermanblue from rockford il. | December 23, 2006

I just recently purchased this truck and may I say anyone considering one will be pleaslantly surprised. A top pick!

1994 Jeep Cherokee Sport

by narce from Leicester, MA | August 7, 2006

The 1994 Jeep Cherokee is a very rugged and reliable vehicle. This is a compact size SUV, with 2 or 4 wheel drive as an option. My experience is with a 4-door 4-wheel drive sport model, with the 5-speed manual shift. Everything about this vehicle is manual, and it really allows the driver to feel in control, and one with the vehicle. I bought the Jeep used at 113K miles, and have driven it 20K since. I also own a newer Saab Aero, and this Jeep was purchased mainly as an alternative for rough weather, as well as for when I do not want additional miles on the Saab. Since buying, I have put new tires on it, fixed the water pump, and other than that all it has needed are regular oil changes. This thing runs exremely strong still despite being 12 years old now. It has ample low end torque and power, and the inline 6-cylinder engine runs hard all the way to redline. The 4.0 litre engine is, in my opinion, one of the best engines that has ever been produced out of Chrysler. For someone looking into the used small to midsize SUV segment, the Cherokee is definitely worth considering.

Great Vehicle

by t-bone from Raleigh, NC | June 23, 2006

I've driven a 1994 jeep cherokee sport for over 10 years and this is my opinion of my vehicle. With the 4.0 engine and automatic transmission, this performs with plenty of smooth power. The 4.0 is like an indestructable workhorse that just keeps going! While the ride has been compaired to a brick on wheels, the steering reacts with precission and predictability. The a/c and heat work well to quickly condition the cabin temprature. When repairs are needed, the engine compartment is free of a lot of "engine clutter" and is relatively easy to see what your working on. One thing that seems to be a problem with the 4.0 is the exhaust manifold. It seems all will crack and leak. Aftermarket replacements offer a high degree of reliability while improving mileage and performance.

Featured Services for this Jeep Cherokee