1997 Jeep Cherokee

$926–$7,718

Information Coming Soon

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great all around SUV, Truly a legend.

by jad95 from Pittsburgh, PA | February 10, 2014

Our 1997 Jeep Cherokee Country has been with our family since 1999 and around 20,000 miles. It now has over 149,000 and couldn't be happier. I gave it 5 stars for everything because in my opinion, there isn't a problem area in the vehicle. It's immensely capable off road, and in snowy Pittsburgh winters, it's never gotten stuck or slipped no matter how difficult the conditions. It's peppy with its torquey 4.0 inline 6. Classic Jeep styling with a simple yet comfortable interior. The reliability has been outstanding, very little other than general maintenance has been needed. The 4.0 engine has been known to run 250k plus without major work. Bottom line, all the good things one may hear are absolutely true.

1997 Jeep Cherokee Classic

by Jeep from | May 7, 2012

Great car on and off road. Dents easily and handles a little rough, but is so incredibly reliable. With regular maintenance, this car will never fail to run. The body of the car is very easy to dent but looks great regardless.

Can't lose

by Jeepguy from Temecula, CA | April 13, 2012

I have a 1989 Cherokee with 250,000 miles on the inline 6. Great car and engine. The design did not change for 23 years for a reason. It is one of the best designs ever built.

Excellent

by jarhead from PA and NC | January 26, 2012

We use this Jeep to get to and from work, church, running errands, camping, hiking, hunting, and hitting any trail we can find. I now have 165,000 miles on this and she still runs like it is new. I have had no major repairs, not even minor repairs outside of lights and belts. The only drawback is the back seats. If the passenger is under 5'4 they will be OK. Any taller than that and the back seat is cramped. The off road and inclement weather capabilities are tops. In short, this is the best SUV I have ever owned.

Original SUV

by Jeeper from 45420 | January 17, 2011

I've driven several Jeeps in my life, my last one a Wrangler. However, with a family that includes two small ones, the Wrangler wasn't meeting our needs. I needed a 4 door and the Cherokee fit the bill perfectly. Everyone in the family can get in on their own without having to climb over everything and with the 4 wheel drive, snow barely slows us down. The 6 cylinder engine has plenty of power. The interior comfortably fits 4. We could squeeze another in the middle if we needed too. We have two large dogs that fit quite comfortably in the rear even with our cargo. Fuel efficiency isn't the best in the world, but it's no surprise.

Old one, New one...

by CoffeeHound from Hunlock Creek Pa. | August 18, 2010

Well, its been a long time coming, but im finally getting one of my own. My mother had the exact same model and year as the one im going to buy today...in line 6ers are unbeatable. That jeep ran for the better part of 217.000 miles on it with no big fixes except something with the radiator, until my brothers ex-wife rolled it. But I did spend a great deal of time for my first year of driving with this jeep and would highly recommend them to anyone. Also, amazing in the snow, im from Pa. and we usually get pretty bad winters.

Featured Services for this Jeep Cherokee