1999 Jeep Cherokee

$933–$8,261

Overall

great vehicle

by jeeper from Goshen IN. | August 4, 2014

My 1999 Jeep is the best vehicle I have ever owned !! It has been the most reliable of any car or truck I've had.

Once a Jeep always a Jeep

by Jeep Man from Berlin, NH | September 6, 2013

It's a Jeep Thing, and only a Jeep owner would understand! It is ashame that Jeep/Chrysler discontinued the Jeep Cherokee..................

Great truck for all ages

by Jeepboy from Wisconsin | September 3, 2012

If your an off-Road enthusiast this is the truck for you!!! Because there is no where that a jeep cherokee can't go!!!

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Perfect First Car

by C Jordan from Tampa, FL | August 19, 2012

When I first started getting driving lessons, I was learning by driving my mom's '99 Cherokee Sport. When I finally got to get my permit (which i kept for a couple years) I was able to do a bit more driving especially on the interstate due to where we lived. A few months ago, I bought the Jeep from my parents for my first car. I love my Jeep. The 4.0L is so reliable and can sure take a beating. I've seen several on the internet & other places for sale with 200k+ miles on it! I'd be a little happier if it was a little longer so that i could drive comfortably and not have the seat all the way back. The back doors are a little small but I'm always driving it. For value, you could go out and find one in pretty good shape or around $5k. I'd say that's a pretty good buy but I'm a bit young.

brother d

by brother d from Moorpark, california | August 18, 2012

great condition, new at tires 30" new fender flares, a.c. Fan, plugs, disruptor, wire a/c compressior and more runs strong and perfect still havevwarranty o

I love my Jeep like family...

by effingjen from Van Nuys, CA | June 26, 2012

I had a 1987 4WD Jeep with 290k miles that (thanks to an oil slick) I drove into a wall at 60mph. I drove it home from the accident... and it still ran. I gave it to a family member - still running - a couple of years later (and it's STILL running in 2012). When I came into a few bux and needed to purchase another private-party vehicle, I looked for a Jeep - specifically the 4.0L engine. From what I understand 1999 was the last year of the "square" body, and that was what I wanted. I found a 2 door Sport with leather, all the bells and whistles, running boards, etc with 87K miles on it. The engine will last to 300k without complaint, it is SUPER safe, and crazy reliable. I have NEVER had to tow a Jeep... they just keep on going. Although I have had a couple of minor issues with electrical (all the bells and whistles tend to cause issues like that), but I have NO complaints. I am about to come into a large chunk of money and I was looking at new cars (mostly for mpg)... and I just can't help but wish that they still made them like they used to. This thing is a ROCK with a forever-engine... and I cannot see myself buying one of the new plastic models. People who have older Jeeps LOVE their Jeeps... it becomes part of who you are. Whether I keep it or not remains to be seen - but I love it so much that if I do give it up I will require visitation.

Takes Rust to Stop One

by Lady Q from Tonawanda, NY | April 3, 2012

Bought my Jeep years ago with only one previous owner. He'd taken good care of her, but drove the heck out of it and she was covered in rust. Completely reliable and all repairs were easy. Most irritating thing, and common for the model, was the rear doors could get stuck easily. If someone tried opening the door when you hit the power lock switch, it would get stuck between and not open. You had to remove the door panel to fix it. Simple, but annoying. Comfortable, decent mileage, held together really well. Easy to crawl under her to check things out without even having the jack up the Jeep. Good engine. Finally gave mine up when all the rust started breaking things. Excellent car, lasted me for years and I didn't give her up until nearly 200,000 miles.

1999 Cherokee Limited

by Jeep Jr. from PA | December 31, 2011

What a great buy for the money. This is the iconic SUV. All of the other's are copies. Some of them are more comfortable and many get better gas milage but for the money none offer a better value. The Cherokee limited has all of the features of the 97-99 model years considered by Jeep Cherokee enthusiasts to be the best of the breed. It adds the much needed ABS and the great advantage of the NP-242 shift on the fly 4x4 transfer case. You also get the luxury of a full leather interior, heated seats, and an overhead console. Considering the current price of these capable offroaders and their creature comforts they represent a value hard to beat if you can find one with a resonably low amount of mileage. Anything under 125k is considered just broken in. At the current prices even the relatively poor fuel economy can be forgiven. If kept in good repair they hold their value very well. If your looking for a great winter vehicle and don't want to spend a fortune these are great.

Wish they still made these... or something similar

by PTEP121 from Arlington, VA | December 29, 2011

Bought my 99 XJ in 2005 on ebay - took a chance because I was looking for a green 5-speed manual. Never regretted it one bit. I had always had my eye on these for their design, rather compact size, and ruggedness and this hasn't disappointed one bit. If you take care of it you will be rewarded!! It shares a ton of components with the Wrangler but without the soft top and WITH a ton of extra storage for gear, etc. Back seat isn't very comfortable for actual adult human beings, but it folds down completely flat and can haul a TON of stuff back there (or a very happy dog with his head out the window :)). Four wheel drive has been amazing - has yet to let me down in the snow or on the beach. Gas mileage isn't terrible for a rugged suv - I just filled up yesterday and got 17.3mpg in my most recent tank with about 40/60 highway/city driving. Two main issues in its 12 year existence: AC Compressor went in 2008. Acquired the dreaded "Death Wobble" which has been known to plague jeeps, but replaced upper control arms and got new tires and it was gone. Beyond that, with regular maintenance and care this vehicle will last you a long long time. I'll be sad to see it go when the time comes... the jeep is part of the family now :)

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Love my Cherokee

by Cherokee Lover from Indianapolis, IN | October 24, 2011

I looked at twenty Cherokees before I bought mine. It had 80k miles on it and near mint. I had to have the AC worked on and brakes redone. Now, it is a flawless beast. I love the look of the Cherokee and it is a blast to drive. Can't wait for the snow!

Featured Services for this Jeep Cherokee