2014 Jeep Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 2.4

by Kimberlie from Haddonfield, NJ | September 12, 2014

I waited 10 long years before finally deciding to purchase a new vehicle. I literally test drove EVERYTHING and just could not find a car that had everything I wanted. The Maxima didn't have the cargo room I needed, the Terrain didn't shift smooth enough for my liking, and the Wrangler had a pretty rough ride for the price, I thought. However, despite my reservations on the ride quality of the Wrangler, I decided it was probably the best option since it's one of the few cars in its price range that really holds its value. My boyfriend has a Sahara and insisted I would get over the bumpy ride and would eventually be happy. So, I went to the dealership and while being shown a two door Wrangler sport (snooze), I noticed a mean looking lifted SUV, bright orange, peering is squinty eyes at me from across the lot. I immediately stopped my salesman mid-sentence and drug him over to it like a kid dragging his mother in a toy store. The moment I sat in the Trailhawk, I was smitten! Compared to my boyfriend's Wrangler, this was a luxury vehicle! The partial leather seats are perfectly cushioned (and heated). My first test drive was the icing on the cake. My previous car was a Ford Explorer circa 2002, so compared to that, the ride is extremely smooth. The gas mileage is not bad, it's by no means amazing, but still not bad. I can fill my tank for just over $50 and drive well over a week before having to fill up again. The transmission is surprisingly smooth for a 4 cylinder, definitely much smoother than the Terrain, in my opinion. I chose the Mango Tango which is pretty much a burnt orange color with the matte black wheels and hood decal. I will admit, the morning after I brought her home, I did experience a little buyer's remorse with the color, but after showing it to my friends and family and seeing their reactions to it, I decided my gut feeling was right. This was definitely the car for me! I was a little surprised to find that there wasn't a CD player. But, after learning that I can fit my entire music library (over 900 songs) on a single flash drive, and keep it plugged in, ready to go, I find that I don't miss fiddling through CD's while trying to drive all that much. The stock stereo is mind blowing! The steering wheel controls are awesome! You can practically maneuver through every option on the touch screen without even touching it (kind of ironic). My Trailhawk was equipped with two USB ports, 1 SD card slot, two AV/DC plugs and 125W plug. I can literally charge my phone and flat iron my hair while driving (totally joking). It also came with a full size spare tire, which I thought was pretty classy of Jeep to provide as opposed to the temporary donut most cars come with. There was even a little "gift" from Jeep which consisted of a tow rope and leather gloves tucked neatly in a little Jeep pouch that can be hung on the rack in the rear storage compartment. I'm not saying that I'm ever planning on using either of these, however, it was still a nice gesture. All-in-all, I am very pleased with my choice. The Trailhawk is fun to drive, somewhat fuel efficient and seems like there isn't much it can't get through (assuming since it hasn't snowed here yet). I would definitely recommend to my friends and family as a next vehicle.

I love this car.

by Steve from Redding, CA | September 6, 2014

Looking at the other reviews I wonder what is going to happen. Everything has performed better than expected. 30 mpg routinely and when I drove across Texas and New Mexico I got up to 38mpg with a tail wind. No problems. Keeping my fingers crossed. Mine is I4 with 2wd and loaded Latitude.

read reviews

by Gargamel from | September 4, 2014

5 days after buying Jeep Cherokee, transmission is already gone and it has to be replaced....need to say more?

I want my RAV4 back

by I want my RAV4 back from New Hampshire | August 26, 2014

3200 miles. Warning lights went crazy, indicating transmission issues. Was able to limp back to the dealer (who has been absolutely beyond expectation). Yep, forget about reprogramming it, need a new one. Going to take almost a week to get it, let alone install it. I did love the Cherokee, the performance, mileage, towing, just about everything. But now I'm running back to Japan.

First Jeep I've Owned

by Dee from Millersburg, OH | August 26, 2014

Village Motors in Millersburg, made the vehicle buying experience something unique. Deb had me drive several different vehicles based on my desires and I settled on the Jeep Cherokee. What a great ride!

Trailhawk

by Nightwolf from Bowie MD | August 20, 2014

We love our 2014 Trailhawk with the V6. Awesome off road. Awesome on road. The only complaint I have is the 9 speed transmission. Wish they would get an update for it. It is just a little iffy in First gear at lite throttle. Turn the knob to Sport and all is right with the world. Getting very good mileage on the Hwy. I do not drive slow. Mid to High 20's. It is a very nice place to sit. Love driving it except for the wife's sticker on the back.

Terrible Transmission

by Disappointed from West Michigan | August 19, 2014

Bought a 2014 Cherokee Latitude in May. Test drove two Cherokees before selecting options and purchasing vehicle. Didn't get 10 miles down the road for home before the transmission started downshifting hard and shuttering at low speeds. Contacted dealer and Jeep customer service at 180 miles and told that I owned the vehicle and had to let them repair it. Jeep reprogrammed the transmission with some improvement, however, still experiencing shuttering issues at 4300 miles. Have owned many different vehicles and this is the worst transmission by far. Will look to get rid of this as soon as financially feasible. My advise - do not buy a Jeep!

My second review after 7 months

by oscarp from Miami, FL | August 19, 2014

I originally wrote a fair review of the Cherokee right after purchasing back in November 2013. Today, I no longer have the car ! Transmission problems made me trade in the car after trying for three times to fix the problem. The transmission would jerk in the first gears, and after three failed software updates, it was just about the same. Car also had a clunk coming from underneath that could not be replicated by dealership, therefore, it stayed the whole time. Got really tired of the transmission problem, and with no fix on sight, I decided to get rid of the Cherokee before it was too late ! If you ask me if I would ever buy a Jeep in my life, I would tell you that most definitely NOT ! Do I regret buying the Cherokee? YES !

Do not buy this vehicle

by Lu from Ohio | August 19, 2014

I purshased my 2014 Jeep Cherokee in December as soon as they came out. Since that time it has been in repair for over 1/3 of the time I have owned it. There is a noise that comes from inside the car like the emergency broadcast sound on TV. It only happens about every 6 weeks. Since the repair people cannot reproduce the sound, they can do nothing. I used my phone to video the sound the last time it happened. This was of little help. My Jeep also rough starts, especailly in the heat and humidity. The techs think it is some kind of fuel dampers, however, they have no fix for it. The steering wheel makes a rubbing noise in the cold weather. Since it is no longer cold I do not know if this was fixed. I would not buy this vehicle, there are plenty of other options out there. I absolutely love the exterior styling. I was offered another vehicle from Jeep, but I declined. I am running this through the Lemon Law. What a disappointment.

Amazing Car

by Long Term Ride Relationship from Kyle, TX | August 17, 2014

The thought that went into the redesign of the Jeep Cherokee shows that someone was listening out there in auto land. It is versatile, amazing with the conveniences, and the one I have bought amazes me every day with the comfort, gas mileage economics and it's versatility. I bought the Latitude with towing package, convenience and entertainment packages as well, and have been amazed at the ease of use, A lot of thought went into this car, and it shows.