2014 Jeep Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Great Drive

by First time SUV driver from Texas | October 11, 2014

Didn't want an SUV and didn't want a jeep after driving one about 10 years ago. Wife made me take one for a test drive. Didn't know much about them and drove the 2.4 Trailhawk first. Felt underpowered so I drove the 3.2 Trailhawk - drove great. Did some research and then purchased a 2014, Anvil grey , 3.2. Only had it 4 weeks so far and getting about 22 to the gallon on a difficult commute. No problems, still enjoy every minute I spend driving it. Even used it to drive off-road to get out of highway stationary traffic. Drove straight past a 2 wheel drive pick up stuck in the ditch no problem...

Goodbye, Jeep

by Jeepfan from Los Angeles | October 10, 2014

I am a former Jeep Liberty owner (the first model). Loved that vehicle. Small footprint, felt like a big SUV. Now driving a Dodge Nitro. The dealer loaned me a new Cherokee while my Nitro is in for service. What a disappointment. This is not an SUV, it is a Dodge Dart station wagon. It doesn't feel like a Jeep, doesn't look like a Jeep (in fact, it is just plain ugly). It rides so low to the ground, I pulled up beside a Honda Accord and was looking eye to eye with the driver next to me. SUVs, and certainly Jeeps, should not hug the ground. The interior is such a cluttered design -- too many finishes, too many niches, confusing controls. Whoever overly designed this needs to know that sometimes "less is more." Hauling space is puny. Ride was smooth (like a car, which it is, a Dart), handling was smooth -- until I got on the freeway and hit 55mph and suddenly the car started to shimmy badly. I guess if I want a real Jeep I'll have to check out the Grand Cherokee. Terrified to think what the Italians are going to do next with the Wrangler.

Transmission Problems

by O.Williams from New Rochelle, NY | October 5, 2014

I bought my 2014 Jeep Cherokee in November 2013 because I was looking for a more reliable vehicle. Especially in the snow. I Love the over all look of the Cherokee. Before purchasing it I drove a 2000 Maxima. I was use to having a lot of power. The Cherokee took a while to get use to. Even with the same 6 cylinder engine. I was really confused about the transmission. I didn't understand why it took so long to jump gears. The service guy at the dealership assured me that everything was all right with the car. After driving the car for 16000 miles the transmission went. It had to be replaced. I don't know if I will keep this car after I pay it off. I don't know how reliable it will be in the long run.

Buyer Beware !!!!

by Cathy from Canada ON | October 5, 2014

I like many of you drove anything and everything in my price range. Unfortunately I didn't listen to the reviews and within 3000 km (I bought my Cherokee in Canada) my Cherokee needed $10,000.00 worth the work …including a new transmission. I love everything about this vehicle interior and exterior but the reliability stinks. I am crossing my fingers we are all good now, but I already feel some problems at 43 km per/h is it jumping forward, rpm's go up….doesn't seem normal. Here we go again !!!!!

Cherokee

by Polito from NJ | September 22, 2014

its riding great i love it and its 2.4 engine its light and super fast very comfortable and well made i will always have a jeep for now on

2014 Cherokee

by Crown Dodge/Jarrod Thomas from Ojai,CA | September 16, 2014

After running around from dealership to dealership I decided to purchase a 2014 Jeep Cherokee. It was a great choice and my salesman made it easy. He explained everything perfectly and didn't play typical car sales games. It was by far the best experience I have ever had. Thanks to Mr. Jarrod Thomas!

Great car

by Clay from Cartersville, GA | September 16, 2014

I've owned my 2014 Jeep Cherokee Sport 2.4L 4x2 since December 2013 and I now have 13,000mi on it. I love the vehicle. It's excellent on gas(I'm averaging 29 city/31 hwy and have never gotten below 28mpg), very comfortable, the interior feels very premium and well built, etc. Even though it's only FWD it handled extremely well in the snow in January 2014. I have only had one problem with it and that is due to the fact that Chrysler didn't get the tuning and everything done on the 9-speed before releasing the vehicle so they're releasing updates every once in a while and allowing you to come to the dealership and update your car and it is supposed to shift smoother and the transmission is supposed to improve. But, the transmission is having a few problems probably because of the fact that it's so sophisticated and has so many gears. I'm sure they'll get the tuning perfected soon enough so once they do, this car will be perfect!

New transmission after 6000 miles

by 2014 Chrokee Latitude V6 from Chicago | September 16, 2014

Had the transmission replaced after 6000 miles, now just brought it back in with Transmission issue, would not shift into reverse, check transmission warning and all other warnings lighting up at 12000 miles.

2014 Cherokee Trailhawk 2.4

by Kimberlie from Haddonfield, NJ | September 12, 2014

I waited 10 long years before finally deciding to purchase a new vehicle. I literally test drove EVERYTHING and just could not find a car that had everything I wanted. The Maxima didn't have the cargo room I needed, the Terrain didn't shift smooth enough for my liking, and the Wrangler had a pretty rough ride for the price, I thought. However, despite my reservations on the ride quality of the Wrangler, I decided it was probably the best option since it's one of the few cars in its price range that really holds its value. My boyfriend has a Sahara and insisted I would get over the bumpy ride and would eventually be happy. So, I went to the dealership and while being shown a two door Wrangler sport (snooze), I noticed a mean looking lifted SUV, bright orange, peering is squinty eyes at me from across the lot. I immediately stopped my salesman mid-sentence and drug him over to it like a kid dragging his mother in a toy store. The moment I sat in the Trailhawk, I was smitten! Compared to my boyfriend's Wrangler, this was a luxury vehicle! The partial leather seats are perfectly cushioned (and heated). My first test drive was the icing on the cake. My previous car was a Ford Explorer circa 2002, so compared to that, the ride is extremely smooth. The gas mileage is not bad, it's by no means amazing, but still not bad. I can fill my tank for just over $50 and drive well over a week before having to fill up again. The transmission is surprisingly smooth for a 4 cylinder, definitely much smoother than the Terrain, in my opinion. I chose the Mango Tango which is pretty much a burnt orange color with the matte black wheels and hood decal. I will admit, the morning after I brought her home, I did experience a little buyer's remorse with the color, but after showing it to my friends and family and seeing their reactions to it, I decided my gut feeling was right. This was definitely the car for me! I was a little surprised to find that there wasn't a CD player. But, after learning that I can fit my entire music library (over 900 songs) on a single flash drive, and keep it plugged in, ready to go, I find that I don't miss fiddling through CD's while trying to drive all that much. The stock stereo is mind blowing! The steering wheel controls are awesome! You can practically maneuver through every option on the touch screen without even touching it (kind of ironic). My Trailhawk was equipped with two USB ports, 1 SD card slot, two AV/DC plugs and 125W plug. I can literally charge my phone and flat iron my hair while driving (totally joking). It also came with a full size spare tire, which I thought was pretty classy of Jeep to provide as opposed to the temporary donut most cars come with. There was even a little "gift" from Jeep which consisted of a tow rope and leather gloves tucked neatly in a little Jeep pouch that can be hung on the rack in the rear storage compartment. I'm not saying that I'm ever planning on using either of these, however, it was still a nice gesture. All-in-all, I am very pleased with my choice. The Trailhawk is fun to drive, somewhat fuel efficient and seems like there isn't much it can't get through (assuming since it hasn't snowed here yet). I would definitely recommend to my friends and family as a next vehicle.

I love this car.

by Steve from Redding, CA | September 6, 2014

Looking at the other reviews I wonder what is going to happen. Everything has performed better than expected. 30 mpg routinely and when I drove across Texas and New Mexico I got up to 38mpg with a tail wind. No problems. Keeping my fingers crossed. Mine is I4 with 2wd and loaded Latitude.