2015 Jeep Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Update on 2015 Cherokee Sport 2WD

by Mike W from Frederick, Md | July 29, 2015

Quick update from last weeks review. I mentioned the Engline light came on the very next day after having several software updates. Dealer says it now needs a NEW TRANSMISSION after light comes again! 3500 miles and you need a new transmission is alarming to say the least. I don't believe Jeep has done their home work on the 9 speed transmission/software to properly have a smooth running vehicle. Many others have had this same issue. Luckily for us the vehicle kept running and we weren't stranded somewhere on the highway on a vacation.

I LOVE JEEPS

by Jeeper from Lake County, IL | July 20, 2015

This is my 5th Jeep - I love them all! My new Cherokee is getting 27.9 miles per gallon and looks so sexy

Best Tow Vehicle

by Mike from Sanford, Florida | July 18, 2015

We have a 43 FT motorhome and we need to have a SUV that can be towed all 4 wheels down. We had a jeep liberty which was great and we traded it for a 2009 ford escape in 2009 and it was a night mare and we had put 3 transmissions and a transmission pump with no good results, so we are back to the Cherokee Trailhawk and we love it.

So far so good!

by PanConPasta from Miami, FL | July 15, 2015

I'm very suspicious of 1st generation products, but so far so good. I test drove the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder and it was a no brainer. The 6 cylinder feels like you are moving an SUV, while the 4 feels like a 1995 Hyundai on Jeep chassis. The performance on the 6 cylinder is very solid. The transmission seems to lag a second or two when you punch the accelerator to the max, but once it locks, it sinks you into your seat! In terms of design, I absolutely hate the headlights, and almost refused to get one because of them, but that's a just a personal preference. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because the price of the 6 cylinder was almost on-par with a Grand Cherokee, which sometimes makes me regret not just going for the Grand. If the price point would have been closer to the 4 cylinder than the Grand Cherokee, then I would have given it the 5 Stars.

I like this car

by Zulu62 from Phoenix, AZ | July 10, 2015

I test drove the 4 cylinder prior to driving the V6. I'm glad I did. Get the v6, the 4 cylinder is underpowered. I've had the car for about a month and so far so good, no issues, no problems. I've taken it on a few road trips. The car has plenty of storage space, performs well on the highway and has good mileage.

The vehicle fits the e typical family

by 15 Cherokee Owner from Auburn Hills | July 9, 2015

The interior and exterior are comfortable to view and be in. The transmission cannot be fit during shifting. The Cherokee transmission is extremely smooth. The dash is perfect in design. The front seats are very comfortable. Rear seating has ggod spacing. The lower plastic body trim is practical. Good price for base vehicle. Better value than car, SUV, and cross-overs in the same price range. I'm hoping for continued reliability. No complaints.

Would buy one again

by 1st new car from Hemet, Ca | June 28, 2015

Bought a Jeep Cherokee and it is very roomy and for a 4 cylinder it has so much power you have to watch your speed. It climbs hills with no problem. This vehicles has everything you would want. No spare tire just a air pump. Other than that it is a wonderful and reliable vehicle.

good for the money

by rubee from rhode island | June 24, 2015

bought new in march, a little tricky with the transmission going into 2 to 3 gear, but other then that is a great SUV

SHAKY

by FIRSTTIMER from | June 22, 2015

Whenever the car gets to 10 mph, it starts to shake until I hit 15 mph. Took it in for service, they said it had something to do with the 9 speed transmission, I'm not buying it! Will take back again.

Not very reliable

by newgate from Naperville, IL | June 22, 2015

As someone who goes to car dealerships often and talks to the service workers, I would NOT recommend this car. Often, the transmission gets blown on it rather quickly, and makes it an expensive fix. When my family test drove one, it was comfortable to ride in. But other than that, its not worth the high price tag they put on it. And for one of the higher (more loaded) ones, its basically the price of the Grand Cherokee, which that would be better to go for than this.