2015 Jeep Cherokee

Starting MSRP

Overall

Would buy one again

by 1st new car from Hemet, Ca | June 28, 2015

Bought a Jeep Cherokee and it is very roomy and for a 4 cylinder it has so much power you have to watch your speed. It climbs hills with no problem. This vehicles has everything you would want. No spare tire just a air pump. Other than that it is a wonderful and reliable vehicle.

good for the money

by rubee from rhode island | June 24, 2015

bought new in march, a little tricky with the transmission going into 2 to 3 gear, but other then that is a great SUV

SHAKY

by FIRSTTIMER from | June 22, 2015

Whenever the car gets to 10 mph, it starts to shake until I hit 15 mph. Took it in for service, they said it had something to do with the 9 speed transmission, I'm not buying it! Will take back again.

Not very reliable

by newgate from Naperville, IL | June 22, 2015

As someone who goes to car dealerships often and talks to the service workers, I would NOT recommend this car. Often, the transmission gets blown on it rather quickly, and makes it an expensive fix. When my family test drove one, it was comfortable to ride in. But other than that, its not worth the high price tag they put on it. And for one of the higher (more loaded) ones, its basically the price of the Grand Cherokee, which that would be better to go for than this.

My new Jeep is fun to drive.

by Woodster from Tacoma, Wa. | June 11, 2015

I am amazed at the excellent gas mileage the 4-cylinder gets. It also has an excellent stereo that comes stock.

Failure To Launch

by Lost in Maine from Maine | June 6, 2015

Bought new 2015. Made it to 1300 miles and shifting issues arose. Hauled to local dealer by Jeep. Told the transmission needs to be replaced. After several days, transmission is replaced and is returned as repaired. Notice vibration and call Jeep. Told the axles need to be replaced. Also told said axles are not available until September sometime. Transmission is beginning to exhibit same issues as was first reported. It's only been 200 miles to start having problems again. Totally disgusted with the whole situation with this vehicle.

So Far, So Good

by Matt from Dunmore, PA | May 30, 2015

So I decided to trade my much loved Dodge Avenger for something that was better in snow and had more cargo capability. I ended up purchasing a Cherokee Latitude with the 4-cyl and Active Drive I. Comfort: I haven't taken it on any long trips yet but my half hour commute to work has been great. There is plenty of space for both front and rear seat passengers. The rear seat passengers also benefit from a seat that can slide backwards and recline. They also have a fold down arm rest. I have yet to try out the heated seats and steering wheel but I'm sure it will make the winters more bearable. Visibility from all angles except rear corners are great. The rear corner issue seems to be a problem with most new cars. Performance: This is a near 2 ton SUV with a 184hp 4-cyl so it's not going to be a rocket ship. That being said, I do find the engine to be pretty peppy in most situations and never had an issue merging or passing. Overall, I do like the 9-speed and I think it's what gives the engine pep. The only thing that I don't like is that, when going down a hill, it seems to hold a lower gear. I'm assuming this is so your brakes get saved wear and tear but it makes the engine spin at higher RPMs using more fuel. Speaking of RPMs, the 9-speed allows the Jeep to cruise down the highway with speeds of 70-75 MPH at about 1500 RPMs. My Dodge with the 6-speed did that with at least 2000 RPMs. So far, I seem to be getting an average of 23 -25 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving and the engine isn't even broken in yet so I expect more. Ride quality is really good and much better than the rough riding Escape I tested. I also found the handling to be very good for an SUV with very little lean. I like the ability to adjust the AWD system to various conditions like snow and mud. Most competitors give you one setting and one setting only. Exterior Styling: This is always a subjective thing especially with a vehicle like the Cherokee. I'll admit that I was one of the people who did not like the looks when it first came out but it started to grow on me shortly thereafter. And, I have to say that I appreciate a company doing a bold or controversial design over a boring cookie cutter design like most of its competitors. I feel there is one exception and that is the tailgate which is kind of featureless. Maybe if they moved the license plate mount up there? Interior Design: The cabin is full of top notch quality and materials. I especially appreciate the little Jeep easter eggs such as the little CJ climbing over a rock on the windshield. I'm sure I haven't found them all yet. I also think the control layout is very user friendly and easier to figure out with some minor exceptions: There's no off button for the radio, a temperature nob would be easier to adjust than two push buttons, the sunglass holder doesn't have enough padding causing the glasses to rattle and the cover for the under-floor storage compartment blocks the interior lights to illuminate in there. Like every Chrysler vehicle I have driven or owned, the stereo sounds great and it's the base level system. It also gives you plenty of media options like USB, bluetooth, auxiliary, SD and good old fashioned AM/FM. No CD player but who needs it? I have the smaller 5 inch touch screen but it looks and performs good enough where I thought the extra expense for the 8 inch was unnecessary. The backup camera was also higher quality and better detailed than I thought it would be on the smaller screen. Cargo room is not bad but, by the numbers, I think other competitors offer a little bit more. I was able to fit a fully assembled BBQ grill in the back (sideways) with the seats folded. If you need more, the front passenger seat folds down. Value for the Money: I think there is a ton. For a relatively not a lot of money, you get a well equipped SUV that has one of the best interiors in its class not to mention one of the few that offer a V6 and multiple AWD and suspension settings. If you look at it that way, the only vehicles that come close are other Jeep products. Reliability: I can't really comment on this being that I've only had the Jeep for two weeks. In conclusion, I so far recommend those looking for a smaller crossover to check out the Cherokee.

Awesome vehicle

by Happy Driver from Mesa, AZ | May 28, 2015

I just got this Cherokee 2 days ago and I absolutely love it. I also want to say that everyone at the dealership were nice and helpful. Cj Laskovitch was very helpful. I initially wanted to buy the silver color one. I wanted to have everything done so I would just have to come to the dealer and pickup the car but Cj insisted that I come in first for a test drive to make sure that was the vehicle I wanted. When I came in and test drove it and I loved it but I didn't like the color. I'm very grateful that I listened to him because I ended up getting the color I liked the most.

One of the best

by Farbod from Toronto,Ca | May 14, 2015

I drive my limited Cherokee 5000 miles. I am completely satisfied. In compare of the other SUVs, it is one of the best in interior and exterior design, comfort, and reliability. I like the 9-speed transmission most cause it always gives me what I want whenever I push the accelerator. low noises in the cabin and handling give you confidence to go to curves with higher speed. All in all, it is one of the best cars that I have driven after 20 years.

Bad News

by Uncle Buck from Mpls, Mn | May 12, 2015

It needs a new transmission! The new transmission finally arrived at the dealer two weeks later as of today. Now it will be another two weeks before it is installed because the dealer has only one mechanic that does transmissions. Totally not acceptable.