2006 Jeep Commander

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Jeep Commander 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Worst vehicle I've ever owned

by Car enthusiast from Pittsburg, PA | April 25, 2015

Terrible reliability, constant 4WD problems (despite being "TrailRated"), 4LO went out completely after having this recall/reprogram campaign done by dealer, transmission went out at 85K miles, average of 10 mpg and never doing any better than 13.2 highway, embarrassing HEMI tick, cheap interior materials that easily stained and broke, broken door handles, 6 disc CD stopped working at 80K, Bluetooth stopped working, NAVI that had to be updated with a disc, no legroom anywhere, seat memory buttons right at left knee level are easily bumped, ignition key is right above your right knee and is easily bumped and SHUT OFF WHILE DRIVING. Snow handling was ok, but the vehicle was so top heavy that traction, ABS, and 4wd had to work overtime without even pushing it. The only cool thing was the power output from the HEMI engine. This SUV literally cost me more money than all of my previously owned cars combined.

Don't Do It

by Car Owner from Commerce City, Colorado | March 11, 2015

I bought the 2006 Jeep used in 2012 with 40,000 miles. When I reached 113,00 miles, i had spent over $3,000 in repairs, the most recent one being a radiator. In the 40 plus years I've been driving, I've never had to replace a radiator in any vehicle. I also replaced the windshield twice because of rock damage. The jeep has the 5.7 Hemi engine which offers exceptional power but is definitely a gas guzzling behemoth. It has 3rd row seating which to say the least is not accommodating to anyone above 5 feet tall. No question the jeep looks good and rides good but reliability is definitely in question.

A good, solid choice!

by Tony from Noblesville, IN. | January 19, 2015

Jeep Commanders not only have good looks, but they also have the Jeep ruggedness that inspires driving confidence. I have really enjoyed this Commander due to the many good qualities it has. I especially like the interior design. It's rugged, but good-looking. The sound system is great and the ride is comfortable on long trips. We've gone camping and mountain-biking with it, and it didn't even break a sweat. It seats seven with comfort and the rear A/C came in handy. We've had no mechanical problems whatsoever with the Commander and have only done basic maintenance. Also, it handles the rain and snow like a trooper. No worries, just drive on!

I want another!

by Lou from Kentucky | December 8, 2014

Bought it new and except for front wheel bearing, I haven't turned a wench. I now have 230,000 miles and wish I could trade it to a new one. They just don't make anything that I like better than my Commander. I think I'll try to find a used one with low mileage.

Reliable

by Jeep mom an dad from York, PA | June 12, 2014

As a mom of 4 children I needed a safe, reliable, stylish SUV. Well I found it here at Dave's used auto!!! We bought a HEMI Jeep Commander. My husband an I were very impressed with the customer sercive Craig gave us. When I read the details on cars.com I thought this is to good to be true, well I was wrong! The details were spot on. Super clean, and runs great. We traveled 2 hours to purchase this vehicle. An I would travel another 2 hours hours for another purchase. Thank you again Craig!!

2006 Jeep Commander- Awesome

by Petey from Antigo,WI | February 19, 2014

I have gone through 12 jeeps in my life and this by far is the best model Jeep has created. I have the limited 2006 Commander and love the space,ride, and reliablilty. It's gas milage is a little low at 18, but it doesnt bother me. It rides great on dry pavement and will really impress you on the snow. It has awesome interior room for the trips to the ski hill and baseball games. I love it- Petey in Wisconsin!

very little problems

by my commander from | January 26, 2014

I have had my jeep commander since may of 2006. Got it brand new with about 6 miles on it. In the beginning i had some problems with the a/c but the dealership fixed all my problems with it. After that we haven't had that many problems. we lived in Colorado and would travel to california twice a year for almost 6 years and never had a problem with her. Since i have had her I only had to replace a valve spring that broke at about 105,000 miles. She has over 113,000 miles on her right now and still running fine.I wish i had the V8, i have the 3.7 V6. But this little engine has pulled about everything with out a problem.

Surprised!

by Car Mom from Lakeland, FL | November 9, 2013

I have had several Jeeps in the past, but this was a Jeep model I had never seen up close or driven in myself. I had to have one though! We finally find the car I wanted, and got a decent deal too. Overall, I love the way this car handles. It's seven years old but you can't tell! I was very well loved. Plenty of space inside. Lots of headroom. Quiet and little roadnoise. I have the Hemi and the only thing I don't like it the loud exhaust. We will remove that soon! :)

Awesome

by Kaleyaley from | October 11, 2013

Love jeeps!!!!! Reliable and and comfortable. Will continue to byy jeeps...they have great dependability and keep their value.

beast mode

by The dude from Easton,Pa | June 22, 2013

Love this jeep. My kids love it, plenty of room, big engine, totally satisfied. Sure, it uses a lot of gas,but what v8 doesn't?

Featured Services for this Jeep Commander