2006 Jeep Commander

Available in 4 styles:  2006 Jeep Commander 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

I want another!

by Lou from Kentucky | December 8, 2014

Bought it new and except for front wheel bearing, I haven't turned a wench. I now have 230,000 miles and wish I could trade it to a new one. They just don't make anything that I like better than my Commander. I think I'll try to find a used one with low mileage.

Reliable

by Jeep mom an dad from York, PA | June 12, 2014

As a mom of 4 children I needed a safe, reliable, stylish SUV. Well I found it here at Dave's used auto!!! We bought a HEMI Jeep Commander. My husband an I were very impressed with the customer sercive Craig gave us. When I read the details on cars.com I thought this is to good to be true, well I was wrong! The details were spot on. Super clean, and runs great. We traveled 2 hours to purchase this vehicle. An I would travel another 2 hours hours for another purchase. Thank you again Craig!!

2006 Jeep Commander- Awesome

by Petey from Antigo,WI | February 19, 2014

I have gone through 12 jeeps in my life and this by far is the best model Jeep has created. I have the limited 2006 Commander and love the space,ride, and reliablilty. It's gas milage is a little low at 18, but it doesnt bother me. It rides great on dry pavement and will really impress you on the snow. It has awesome interior room for the trips to the ski hill and baseball games. I love it- Petey in Wisconsin!

very little problems

by my commander from | January 26, 2014

I have had my jeep commander since may of 2006. Got it brand new with about 6 miles on it. In the beginning i had some problems with the a/c but the dealership fixed all my problems with it. After that we haven't had that many problems. we lived in Colorado and would travel to california twice a year for almost 6 years and never had a problem with her. Since i have had her I only had to replace a valve spring that broke at about 105,000 miles. She has over 113,000 miles on her right now and still running fine.I wish i had the V8, i have the 3.7 V6. But this little engine has pulled about everything with out a problem.

Surprised!

by Car Mom from Lakeland, FL | November 9, 2013

I have had several Jeeps in the past, but this was a Jeep model I had never seen up close or driven in myself. I had to have one though! We finally find the car I wanted, and got a decent deal too. Overall, I love the way this car handles. It's seven years old but you can't tell! I was very well loved. Plenty of space inside. Lots of headroom. Quiet and little roadnoise. I have the Hemi and the only thing I don't like it the loud exhaust. We will remove that soon! :)

Awesome

by Kaleyaley from | October 11, 2013

Love jeeps!!!!! Reliable and and comfortable. Will continue to byy jeeps...they have great dependability and keep their value.

beast mode

by The dude from Easton,Pa | June 22, 2013

Love this jeep. My kids love it, plenty of room, big engine, totally satisfied. Sure, it uses a lot of gas,but what v8 doesn't?

Review of Jeep Commander

by KIM from Brimfield,Mass | December 19, 2012

I've only had by Commander 2 months but I like it alot!! A couple little things but me like the driver seat is not as comfy as I thought it would be, not alot of leg room in second row of seats. But it does drive very smooth. I finally figuered out all the gadgets and they work great, even the ones on the underneath of the steering wheel LOL. My biggest gripe is the gas mileage and the pick up. I think next time I will get a grand cherrokee.

Go and go and go

by TOMUSCLE from buffalo,ny | February 27, 2012

Love the look,styling,and 4 WS.Not much winter this year though. Perfect so far w/ 47k. Could use a little more pickup.

Loyal Jeep Owner Bought a Chevy

by Chucktown from Beaufort, SC | January 7, 2012

I have owned 9 Jeep products ranging from a Wagoneer, Cherokee, Liberty, 5 Wranglers and finally the Jeep Commander. When it was first debuted, it was my dream car. I love Jeeps and never thought I would own anything else. I never had a problem with any of them, until I bought my Commander. It was a 2006 model and I did buy it used, but I bought it in 2006 and it only had 6k miles. When it had 37k miles, a transmission seal went out. I had to fight with the dealership to warranty it. Then in 2009, the entire a/c went out. I live in the south and had an infant, so I had no choice but to have it fixed. The local dealer quoted me $1,500. They said Chrysler would not help in any way. A few months later I spent $380 on a new alternator and battery. Four moths after that incident, I was driving home with my infant son and the car began to overheat. I had to pull over on the side of the road, get a ride and have the vehicle towed. The water pump had gone out and the dealership charged me $550 to replace it. This happened a few days before Christmas! It just never seemed to run right. I could sit at a stop light and it would shake and the rpms would drop and the vehicle would almost shut off.

Featured Services for this Jeep Commander