2008 Jeep Commander

2008 Jeep Commander

Available in 6 styles:  2008 Jeep Commander 4dr 4x4 shown

See Photos & Videos

Overall

We are a Jeep family. We love this Commander.

by LOVE JEEP!! from Minn. | May 25, 2013

I wish they had not stopped making them. We also have a Grand Cherokee. Can be high maintenance, but we love Jeep.

I'll drive it until the wheels fall off

by Converted Jeep Owner from Fort Wayne, IN | April 16, 2013

I've always owned cars because I hated how trucks and most larger SUVs handle like boats. My wife and I recently had our second baby, so I decided to upgrade to the Commander and it is, hands down, the best vehicle I've ever owned. It handles very well, almost car like. It's extremely agile on the road and the suspension is fantastic. I live in Northeast Indiana, and the Commander absolutely controls every icy, snowy, or wet road I've ever driven on. I'm hopeful that Jeep will come back out with the Commander some time soon, so that I can purchase another when mine can no longer drive. The only con to this Commander is the MPG rating, but you still only need to fill up every 6-7 days with regular commuter driving. If you're looking for a safe, reliable, and reasonably priced family vehicle that fits in the garage, look no further. The Commander is where it's at.

great rider

by suv guy from Quincy, Michigan | September 15, 2012

This car rides better than you would think. Smooth ride with lots of comfort. Handles great and is very reliable. I love this vehicle.!

Jeep commander

by Fish from Wa | September 10, 2012

A lot of suv for the money. Great ride and handling. We needed a good suv with a third seat and have always been a fan of jeeps. Very solid.

Best 8 Passenger Value on the market..!

by SMS from Stow | May 14, 2012

Another awesome product by Jeep. Great family SUV, lots of space, comfort, looks, durability, etc...

One powerful engine

by Jeepster from New York, NY | April 18, 2012

Great SUV. Strong engine. Manages well. Roomy. The only downside is the price of gas. With the Hemi engine she is quite the drinker. :-)

True to it's roots

by Mud dog from San Diego | March 19, 2012

7 passenger seating without the bulk of a super large SUV. Highly capable even if you opt for awd. 3.7 engine is a mighty giant with swift acceleration and turn on a dime steering. Love the extra row yet still fits in garage. If you ever buy a used car try these 2 golden rules; by a car (even if used from a namesake dealer) they want to sell that car, 2 : wait till the end of month.., you make a deal and you will win . I saved $ 6500 dollars.

I LOVE my 2008 Jeep Commander

by Dave33rdscb from Philadelphia PA | March 17, 2012

Pros: I’ve had my Commander for a little over 3 years and have never regretted this purchase. I have had several Grand Cherokee’s and find my Commander has better reliability, drivability and overall superior fit and finish to other Jeeps I have owned. I have had ZERO issues. Not a thing wrong and I’m hitting 30k. We can pack for the Mountains in the winter with tons of bulky stuff and Shore trips with ease. It just fits. We always needed to trim back with the Grand Cherokee. I do need to say the traction control was a major plus in some bad storms. I’m not so sure I would have made it through the madness without it, it was deep stuff on bad roads. This jeep very much reminds me of my 1969 Jeep Wagoneer Custom 1414x except it’s a modern day Super smooth version. This year we started taking longer trips and I feel great during and after the ride. Very Comfortable, rockin sound system, Killer rear seat sun roofs…etc… Cons: I think the resale value is low from what I see them going for but most vehicles seem to have taken a hit with the economy.

Jeepers !!!

by Black Beauty from Rochester, New York | May 4, 2011

I had a Grand Cherokee before owning the Commander. There were a few shortcomings with that model. First off, I had to duck my head quite a bit just to get into the driver seat. The seatbelt was too short for my body type, and lastly, the back hatch was heavy and awkward to open because the helper cylinders only took over when the door was about half way up. The Commander has eliminated all three of these problems and has many more features that I find just simply wonderful. My favorite is the back up assist with video camera. The interior has much more headroom and legroom. The Hemi V8 is very powerful and responsive. I also love the on board navigation. All the controls on the steering wheel were well thought out and I love their placement/functions. All in all, this is the best vehicle I've ever owned, and Ive been driving since 1962.

Nice, if you wait a year

by Jeepster from West Virginia | November 20, 2010

My son is turning 16 and we started looking for a vehicle he liked. I wanted a Wrangler but he did not. He found the Commander and I took a look at it. We bought one two years old and saved a ton of money. Drives like the old Jeep Wagoneer. If you like the Jeep feeling then take a look at this vehicle. Not bad on gas either...

Featured Services for this Jeep Commander