2007 Jeep Compass

2007 Jeep Compass
Available in 4 styles:  2007 Jeep Compass 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Would never buy another one.

by Jeepowner from | November 18, 2014

Got a 2007 Jeep compass. Loved it the first couple of years. Then the dash lights came on, and off and on again and again. Never found out what the real problem was. They are off now. Brakes, tierod, bearings you name it. Well now with all that noise underneath I find out the two cradles are totally rusted. Oh yes they will pay for the cradles and 6 hours labour, if I get a list of work done in advance to the tune of 4200.00 To get an outside garage to do the work they will all tell you it could be a 10 hr. job or more, They won't pay the extra hours to do the work. I have to get the cradles done and then I will not be buying a dodge ever again, especially a Jeep. All I've been hearing from everone I ask is they are a very poorly made rig.

Just paid it off, now it needs struts and brakes

by Miss my Wrangler from Chicago suburbs, IL | April 22, 2014

Overall it's an average vehicle. Good suburban gas mileage, but for me it feels small - I'm 6'1" and it feels too short for me, especially when putting my 3 year old in it. Not great in snow like my Wrangler was. I just paid off the Compass and now I have to replace the struts - $750.

Disapointed

by lilwolf from Babbitt, MN | January 1, 2014

My 2007 Jeep compass seem like a good are when I bought it. Here's the thing, in the last 6 years that I had it there was a recall on the brakes. Witch were fixed but lately seems there maybe a problem, the dealer says there fine. Tie rod problems, Acceleration problems and now for the 3rd time problems with the power steering. Hmm not liking this Jeep right now. Costing me an arm and a leg and the problems happen again. Good gas mileage but now it isn't reliable for long trips. for the price I paid I expect more. This was the first new car I ever bought. I am very disappointed.

perfect suv

by party boy from | June 8, 2013

it is great................................................................................................

Beware: $1000 to replace a headlight

by Caution from CHicago | February 22, 2013

I originally liked the style of the car. I have been a Jeep owner for over 20 years. I liked what I saw in the Compass, however after 5 years of costly repairs I am ready to move. The struts went at a cost of $750, ball joints a couple of times, then the electrical system began to malfunction. A head light went out and I was told by three different repair shops that it was not the headlight, but the computer that regulates the electrical system.The cost of the latter was just under $1000. Then the catalytic converter, had that replaced at a cost of $1000, and the engine light keeps coming on. I have previously owned Jeep Wranglers and I would go back to them in a heart beat, but never a Jeep Compass again.

Its ok....not great....but not terrible....

by jeeplet from white lake/MI | January 10, 2013

I have had this car for almost 40K Miles. I average 22 MPG with a mix of city and highway driving. It is a good looking car with the Rallye pkg. It is uncomfortable on long drives and terrible in the snow. The seats are hard/small and uncomfortable. It is slow to accellerate and very under powered.

Nothing Great, But Good Value (2007 4WD Automatic)

by July MH from Chicago, IL | July 22, 2012

It's hard for me to judge this vehicle because I've only owned it from brand new through the first 37,000 miles. I never went off-roading, nor have I had many opportunities to test the 4WD. I found out on my own after having purchased it that it only takes mid-grade gasoline. It drags and struggles when I put regular unleaded. As expected from a small engine SUV, it does struggle to speed up. It handles surprisingly well and is the perfect car for novice drivers. It came with all-weather tires and performs adequately in inclement weather. It's a practical vehicle, but it's not fun to drive. I bought it because for $22,600, I got a fuel efficient SUV with 4WD and automatic transmission. Whereas for $1,000 more, the 2007 Ford Escape only offers a FWD manual.

Jeep Compass

by Mel from Indiana | June 18, 2012

I love it. I have been looking for a vehicle for six months. Just couldn't decide what i wanted and wanted to make sure I'd found the right one.......well I did.

Decent little vehicle

by Guswriter from Dennison, IL | April 16, 2012

I wanted something that would give me decent gas mileage, but still have the utility of a small SUV ... all, of course, at a good price. The Compass achieved. And now that I've taken it on a few longer trips (500 + miles in a day), I like the gas mileage, and the comfort is good. Only hit I have against this vehicle is that, for a 'Limited,' it sure doesn't have a lot of features. No Bluetooth/Sat radio. No self-dimming mirror. No chrome on the outside. Looks pretty plain. But it functions and is a joy to drive. So far, it's been worth the purchase. We've yet to see about the long-term reliability.

LOVE MY JEEP COMPASS!!!!

by Tiff from Friendswood, TX | March 28, 2012

When we started car shopping, my husband tried to get me into a Ford Escape. I test drove 2 and didnt like the feel or handling but I wasn't giving up. I went one day to a dealership by myself and told the salesman what I wanted. He asked me what I would be using it for, how much driving I would be doing, kids, work, ect. He didn't bring me a Ford Escape to test drive, he brought me a Jeep Compass. I got in, drove it up and down the highway, and MAN! I love this vehicle!! I somehow convienced my husband to go look at it and the next thing I know, we are bringing it home. I have had it for 3 months now and I am still in awe of the SUV! It handles great, so comfortable inside, my 11 month old loves it, it has alot of space to store stuff (I recently bought a bike and kids trailer and they both fit in the back!) It also has a ton of little cubby spaces. I wouldn't trade my Jeep Compass for anything... unless it was another Jeep Compass! 5 stars from this stay at home mom!!!

Featured Services for this Jeep Compass