2012 Jeep Compass

Available in 6 styles:  2012 Jeep Compass 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Pretty good SUV

by Texas Jeep from Tyler, TX | October 14, 2014

I bought this Compass brand new off the lot in July 2012. 2.4 liter with auto transmission. It has been a good SUV, but I liked my Mitsubishi Outlander better. As I went to the Compass, I got a slightly smaller SUV in terms of cabin room and engine performance. I don't care too much for the CVT transmission and told the dealer so. Dealer said that is the way these vehicles are going to be. I also was disappointed in the size of the fuel tank at 13 gallons...means more fuel stops on long trips. On the good side, the seats are comfortable on long trips, handling is excellent and it holds its own on the interstate. I've taken it across Texas several times and three times to Florida.

Exceeded my expectations

by Oz from Salt Lake City, Utah | May 11, 2014

No repairs needed in two and one half years. Very capable in the snow. We feel very secure and comfortable on trips.

Had to have a Jeep

by Tiki's mom from Canadensis Pa | November 25, 2013

3 weeks ago I have up ....with much sorrow and tears...my 20 year old Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Yes, a 1993 ! I loved that jeep! knew every dial and knob in it without my reading glasses! Sure, he was starting to creak and groan....so am I ! But he was the most reliable truck on the road. Always started, handled great , lots of room and I sat up pretty high. I told my husband the only way I would give my Jeep up is if I could get another. I never even looked at another brand....went right to a Jeep dealer. Now I have a 2013 Compass....just the sport model...nothing fancy. It's a stick, quite peppy! it's smaller than I was used to and I sit lower. Will probably need a pillow since I don't like not being able to see the front end. It's not a quiet ride like I was led to believe. On the highway you do hear the road. The 6 CD radio is nice. So far the only thing I don't like is the gas milage. It's supposed to get 23 town, 29 Hwy. I'm averaging 21 . For a manual shift that's disappointing. Other that that I'm actually looking forward to some snow so I can test out the 4 wheel drive. I bought this used but it only had 4,600 miles on it.

my wonderful new car

by Lucky from Thomson, GA | November 20, 2013

I am 100% satisfied with this vehicle purchase. It's perfect for me and I would recommend the Jeep Compass to anyone. I love the sturdy feel while driving. I was very surprise with the comfort in back seat, as well as the driver or front passenger. First week and I'm in love. Almost 300 miles and still plenty of gas. Thank you Thomson Motor and Mr. Crook.

Compass - used purchase

by MW from Thousand Oaks, CA | October 7, 2013

Purchased Compass for son - one year old car for under $14K. Excellent value - great gas mileage - has the new headlights greatly improving the look. Car has good acceleration.

Love the styling

by Bigdog from Buford ga. | August 31, 2013

I am a big guy and I can get in it with no problem runs real smooth. the only thing about it I would improve on it would be the power

My first Jeep

by My first Jeep from Washington State | July 5, 2013

I have had my Compass for 11 months so far, and I am enjoying it. The only thing I wish it had was better gas mileage. For a 4cy eng I thought it would get better gas mileage than the 6cy Escape I traded in for, but they run about the same.

Not bad

by Kay from Illinois | May 15, 2013

Bought our 2012 used through a dealership. Gas mileage is not the greatest unless you use the non-ethenol blend. This car would NOT be for someone in high traffiic areas as there is no 'pick up.' The CVT does not allow for quick acceleration, even on our rural roads I can't get around tractors. TONS of leg room front and back, which is wonderful when we have two sons over 6 foot!

9 months later

by I always wanted a Jeep from Atlanta Ga | March 29, 2013

I really enjoyed my Jeep for 9 months. After those months my check engine light loves to show up at the most inconvenient time. Twice for EMS system (emission switch) and once for Gas Cap. Crazy! I will be traded this car in the near future.

Good car

by Jan from | December 20, 2012

I have enjoyed my Jeep. I have no complaints. The gas mileage is not as good as my Saturn was, but the style outside and inside is very modern