2013 Jeep Compass

See Photos & Videos

Overall

My second review

by Tikis mom from Canadensis, North east PA | February 20, 2014

I bought my 2013 compass used in November 2013. And now I have had enough time driving it in the snow to give a review on Winter Driving. First, I am getting new tires in the spring. The ones it came with are not that great in the snow. Going back to Michelins like I had on my 1993 Grand Cherokee. My new Jeep is a stick and I love it!!!! Getting better milage then when I first got it, a good 25 mpg around town and 29 hwy. it is a bit smaller than I am used to, but my dog...a 66 lb Lab just loves it. She has taken over the back cargo area as her own. Only 2 things I can find fault with. Who decided that the 4WD lever should be on the console behind the cup holders? REALLY??!! Could they have found a more inconvenient place to put it? And the back seat head rests are just big enough that you have a limited space to see out of when you are backing up. Other than that, I love the handling and down shifting around corners. I have to keep reminding myself it's a Jeep, not a sports car!!! I hope I have it 20 years, just like my old Grand Cherokee.

Yeehaw

by Spiderman from St. Louis, MO | November 21, 2013

It was so good, I don't even. It's best for driving and more driving, and then some more. I recommend this to everybody for reals. Yeah.

best buy in my life

by Jeep Lover from Centre Alabama | September 6, 2013

Hey I have never own a jeep befor till now as they say better late than never boy I wish I had own a jeep a long time ago I was never as surprise about a auto in my life as I was about what a great suv my Jeep compass is .my husband & I live on a fix income he is 71 & I am 69 we needed something we could afford & could gives us some comfort & relatable I finger I could not get much in the way of comfort & all the extras with the low price of a compass boy did I get a big surprise it was everything we need & more we are happy jeep owners now. A BIG BUY THIS SUV JEEP COMPASS.

Good Little Vehicle

by Old Guy from New Jersey | August 15, 2013

Although I am now over 60 years old, I still remember my father telling me to never to buy more car than you need. I continue to follow his advice and the Compass was dead on. Perfect for my wife and I and with the occasional granddaughter on board (and we live near the beach so all the sand toys fit to). Coming up on 10K miles and have not had a single service or waranty issue with it. I think good value for the price and more than enough car for most people!

Great so far

by Jeep Fan from Pennsylvania | August 7, 2013

Did a lot of research. Traded in my 11 year old Jeep Liberty, that I loved, except for the MPG. Decided on the Compass Latitude. After first 3 weeks of driving it I am using 25% less gas for the same driving. I think it has more room inside than the Liberty, but very similar. Handles better than the Liberty but has more road noise. The CVT takes some getting used to. Love the 430 uconnect radio with satellite and built in hard drive. So far......I Love It !!!!

New Compass

by Captain Paul from Foley, Alabama | July 1, 2013

Our new Compass had several features that we liked; Upgrade engine and transmission, upgraded 17" wheels and upgrade 230 radio with XM.

Great Jeep

by Just me from wisconsin | June 25, 2013

Had a Lot of cars and SUVS in my days and so far a nice SUV had a 2012 Honda civic nice little car that was the problem nice little car Honda would not deal on a CRV so I went hunting and aimed my sights on a Jeep Compass what a great move that was, Easy to drive cozy Looks great 22000 bucks Leased it got a great deal ease of entry sits great I think its quiet Lots of standard options heated seats and its what I can afford

by Buyers Remorse from Jasper, AL | June 19, 2013

I had a bad experience .. Car dosent have power hesitates to shift and crank on and off.. Of course nothing can be found .. off the lot .. brand new Disappointing ..

CAN'T GO WRONG PERIOD

by TComp from Boston,MA | May 20, 2013

I have read all the supposed professionals reviews,and not to take away their expertise but listen they tested everything from a go cart to a high end Lexus and so on. So how would you rate a a steak at sizzler compared to a steak at a Ruth Chris restaurant? My point exactly! This compass is a great vehicle for the money, I been in the automotive industry all my life and nobody with Chrysler.If your in the market to purchase a vehicle and in this category then test drive a compass compared to a vehicle that is 15to 30K more and be honest with yourself and there is only one conclusion.JEEP COMPASS HANDS DOWN!

Ignore the professional test reviews

by Your average car buyer from Chicago, IL | April 27, 2013

So, I have been researching small SUVs for the past month or 2. I have test driven the Chevy Equinox, Ford Escape, Nissan, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and the Jeep Compass. I have done all the research and read the reviews from the pro's. The pros all say the same thing. It just isn't as nice as the others. I figured out they are not right. I owned a Hyundai Sonata which was a fine car. Basic etc. I needed some cargo room so I didn't have to ask all my friends to transport something for me. I finally come across the 2013 Jeep Compass(latitude) and although it may not have all the super creature comforts, it does hold its own. Remote start, heated seats, power everything etc, bluetooth, voice commands etc. I got the 2.4 Liter Latitude. I have to say I am so happy that I got the Compass. First off I am not rich and this car was about $5-7k cheaper than the others. In my mind, that was enough to convince me but I had to test it out for myself and I loved it. I can't find anything that I don't like. The ride is actually better than the Sonata. I'm glad I got one now because they are going to discontinue them(I think). They are rolling out the Cherokee which is build on the Dodge Dart frame. It will be much smaller. More European. If you are thinking about getting a Compass, DO IT!