2014 Jeep Compass

Starting MSRP

Overall

My second Jeep Compass

by ml3 from Potsdam, NY | November 25, 2014

Glad I bought another one! Love the interior dimensions and layout. Love the heated seats and remote start. Great quality for the price.

Great small 4x4 SUV

by caplking from Bastrop, TX | October 27, 2014

I purchased the 2014 Jeep Compass Sport 4x4 with the 2.4 engine and the six speed automatic at the end of July. This is one great small SUV. I added a couple of after market items that has turned this SUV into one of the best small 4x4's I have ever owned. The vehicle feels under powered when purchased, but as an engineer I knew immediately how to correct the problem. I added a performance intake and the under power issue vanished. I also added a two inch lift kit and I am extremely pleased with the off road performance of this little Jeep. If you want to forge rivers buy the Wrangler but for everything else this little guy will handle the load. The real plus, great gas mileage.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

The Compass Jeep Limited is great!!!

by Jeep's are cool from Tampa | September 24, 2014

Just like BMW drivers. There is something that a Jeep brings to the table that is just special. This Jeep is a compact SUV version of its big brothers; yet it's still a Jeep. It is responsive steering not loose like a Honda, KIA.and has great gas mileage. It's a Jeep. It has the European feel in a way. I chose it over the Ford because of that. I like to hug the turns a bit. For those who are interested in smaller SUV's that has the look and feel this is the one. I have read a few reviews and some critics just don't get it. Test drive the car. I chose the limited because it has the leather seats and the electronics and is still at a great price point. It's even better all aound than a Murano and that is a decent SUV and I almost got. Others that I tried Ford Edge, GMC Terrain, Hyundai Santa Fe Sport, Subaru Outback, and Volkswagen Tiguan. I chose it over the Cherokee only because the interior of the Limited...Leather Baseball glove brown!

this is a great car!

by retired pastor from Johnstown, PA | September 13, 2014

I have owned Jeeps for 40 years, always full sized Grand Cherokees. The size of this Compass is perfect for me and my wife in retirement There's plenty of cargo space, niceties inside, fit and finish is very good, and great styling, plus the price is right!

Lemon

by Melanie from Pacific, Mo | August 4, 2014

I bought a brand new Jeep Compass 01/29/2014. Six weeks ago it shut down on me on Interstate 44 in Mo. I drive 100 miles each way to and from work. I had a 2005 Sebring that had 300,000 miles on it and was having issues with it (as I should 9yrs old with that many miles) and my hubby and I decided it was time for a new vehicle. I always go Chrysler because my father retired from there. Back 6 wks ago my new jeep lost all power and the transmission light came on. The dealership stated that it was a computer glitch and it would be ok. 2 weeks later the jeep started rough and the check engine light came on, they then said the ignition was bad and changed it out. 10 days after I got it back it shut down on my way home again. That was 2 weeks ago today it has been in the shop ever since. They are telling me that the transmission is bad and the new one is on back order. Hopefully this is a fluke and no one else has issues like this.

I love this SUV

by LoveMyJeep from Duluth, MN | August 2, 2014

My husband and I just purchased a 2014 Jeep Compass Lattitude 4x4 four weeks ago, and I LOVE it! It's very stylish, has a smooth ride and great features. We live in MN and had a brutal winter, and with 4x4, heated seats, heated mirrors and remote start I am ready for winter!

2011 Dodge Nitro 4X4 for 2014 Jeep Compass 4x4

by MDS from Snowshoe WV | June 28, 2014

My brother owns one and he got me thinking about purchase as he stated he was getting great gas mileage. He travels 70 miles one way to work. I must say going from a 4.0l engine to a 2.4 I had some worries. However after driving it to my place of work where it must go up mountains (not hills) I was very impressed. No lag at all. I did not even notice it kicking in and out of gears to go up the mountain. Holds well when going off the mountain well if you kick it down a few gears. Gas mileage is GREAT and I love the fact I know have a back up camera. It is a little smaller than my Nitro but I don't mind at all. The touch screen radio is nice and easy to use. The hard drive within the radio gives you penny of space for you to transfer your most loved music from cd. No more CD's in your car! Using Bluetooth to stream audio is effortless. Now, I just need to place some accessories on it and I will be more in love.

Compass

by B&K from Hershey, PA | May 12, 2014

After looking at several small SUVs, this is the one. Good mileage, great interior, plenty of leg room, and smoother ride than other makes tested. Nice acceleration and performs well at highway speeds. Well priced. Overall a smart choice.

And This Isn't It

by I Know a Good Car from DC | May 7, 2014

Wheezy, asthmatic engine; horrible gas mileage; meaningless steering; brakes are noisy and ineffective to the point of being dangerous (195 ft from 70 to 0); exterior styling is a great cure for insomnia; interior appointments are better in a gulag (if you bang your head on the dash, you're a goner); the CVT has no desire to deliver anything in the middle of the power band; and the seats are miserable. It has the fit and finish of a Lada Riva. Some other people here love this car, and I think they're either insane or were previously commuting with pogo sticks. Thank goodness this is a rental and I'll only have it another day or so. I can't believe Fiat/Chrysler let this stinker out the door. It's really insulting to me because Chrysler took our tax dollars. And tripe like this is what we get? If you need a small SUV, get a Subaru Forester.

Best deal out there on a Cross over

by Rooster Ron from Grand Rapids Michigan | March 30, 2014

Traded in a 2012 Dodge Avenger on this new 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4. Michigan had a very hard winter this season. Bought this for my family's main transportation . With the 4x4 system and the 2.4 l engine. And the new 6 speed transmission. The leather heated seats with tow package and remote start system . You cant beat this cross over for the money and the gas mileage and comforts. I am 100% confident that my wife and kids are safe and will make it threw any weather conditions .