2014 Jeep Compass

Starting MSRP

Est. MPG

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best deal out there on a Cross over

by Rooster Ron from Grand Rapids Michigan | March 30, 2014

Traded in a 2012 Dodge Avenger on this new 2014 Jeep Compass Latitude 4x4. Michigan had a very hard winter this season. Bought this for my family's main transportation . With the 4x4 system and the 2.4 l engine. And the new 6 speed transmission. The leather heated seats with tow package and remote start system . You cant beat this cross over for the money and the gas mileage and comforts. I am 100% confident that my wife and kids are safe and will make it threw any weather conditions .

Jeep all the way

by Breeze from Merrill, WIsconsin | March 16, 2014

Traded my 2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport for Jeep Compass Latitude. Very clean & comfortable seats/ride. Like the option of to lift the seat as I am short and like to sit up without a pillow. Exterior is something to love. Love Satellite radio & Disk option. Drive 125 miles per day to and from work, very economical. I made a great choice. Handles great in the snow/ice.

SMALL BUT EFFICIENT

by JACKIE from MOSCOW, PA | March 12, 2014

I need a 4wd where I live! I love suv's and the compass is a small and compact suv! I previously leased a 2011 Jeep Compass and it never let me down.

My Compass is the best.

by MyPurpleDol from Jenkintown,PA | March 4, 2014

The ability to be able to hold the road is amazing. Of course, you always use your best judgement when it comes to common sense driving. I am able to use the four wheel drive in ruff situations and I am amazed on how well this jeep handles the snowy terrain (Getting out of my drive way,comming down unplowed small streets, and work parking lots).

First Jeep and I'm impressed

by Ski Bum from Ogden, UT | February 19, 2014

So this is my first Jeep ever. I am a previous owner of a 2005 Subaru Forester XT Premium, so I know quality when I'm in it. I bought the Limited 4X4. FIrst impressions, I love the interior. Everything seems to be made with decent quality and the lines are awesome wish there was a sunroof though. The features like back up cam and uconnect are pretty cool. Though uconnect can be a pain to get started. The exterior is very sharp looking. I'm partial to the boxier shaped foresters but this is very comparable to a 2011 forester. I love the 18 inch wheels and how high off the ground you sit. It doesn't feel like you are in a jacked up truck, but more that you are riding at a manageable height. Now performance is where I tend to be a little disappointed. Granted I came from a turbo charged 2.5L 4 cyl. boxer engine that produced 250HP in a car that is much lighter compared to the jeep. So first, gas mileage is average for a 2.4L 4 cyl. engine with 172HP. I've been running around town at about 24MPG. I was getting about 21-22 MPG in my FXT. As for get up and go. It actually does the job, most of the time I don't realize I've hit the speed limit until I've long passed it. The FXT used to really toss you back in the seat, but the jeep is a very smooth accelerator. The handling is above average. The suspension seems nice and firm as to help you corner better, but you aren't getting bounced around by any means. I am from Utah so mountains are everywhere. With the autostick, it makes going up these roads super easy. It hasn't snowed for awhile but I'm sure the Jeeps 4X4 system won't let me down. Overall I'd say this is a really well rounded Jeep. If you aren't looking to do rock climbing, but want more of a "sporty looking" family vehicle that will get you to that camping spot or will be good for around town. This one is for you.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Average

by Average from Ohio | January 11, 2014

You buy a vehicle and hope for the best. I'm getting 25mpg w/ the 2.4L, Noise at 60mph is annoying but handles well in snow w/o 4x4.Uphill acceleration sub par. You get what you pay for. It's an average 3 star vehicle and nothing more.

great vehicle, but couple of problems

by 2wolves from okc, ok | January 4, 2014

I like this compass a lot. looks good, drives and rides good. good gas mileage. but the limited rear and side visibility is a drawback. if they would make it so you could remove rear seat headrests, it would help immensely! just a suggestion. I'd still recommend it.

2nd compass

by 2nd Compass from Millsboro, PA | December 6, 2013

I had a 2010 compass and loved it, when trading it in. I knew i wanted another i purchased a 2014 Lattitude and i love it as much as my first Compass. the great feature now is remote start and heated seats! would highly recommend.

great pick

by nanc from mass | November 24, 2013

traded a Volvo s40 for 2014 jeep compass limited 4x4 and what a great choice...... all the features I had to pay extra for on the Volvo are standard on this compass from heated seats, Stereo.....GPS tracker... .Remote start.... cruise control along with many other features.... too lengthy to continue listing......all these perks at a considerably lower price as well as.... the comfort..... great gas mileage and performance on highway, city streets and back roads make this a super fit at a reasonable price.....not to mention the compliments and inquires about the Car and Dealer...lastly bought this in April 2013 on a whim only because I needed a SUV or crossover knew nothing about jeeps ..what a pleasant surprise this seems to be my best choice to date !

My First Jeep

by Jenet from Potosi, MO | October 21, 2013

I love the 2014 Compass, I wish it had memory seats and sun roof. Other than that it is great. Good gas mileage not perfect but good averaging around 27 mpg. I drive 150 miles per day to and from work. This vehicle is very comfortable and I enjoy driving it. I am crazy about the stereo, it has a hard drive so I am loading all my CD's on it. No more carrying them all over. Getting ready to drive from St. Louis, MO to Yuma, AZ should be fun!