1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Available in 3 styles:  Grand Cherokee 4dr Wagon shown
$509–$5,657

Overall

Outdoors or not great car all the way around

by Just Jeep from Pittsburght Pa | April 4, 2014

I have a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo SE 4X4 that has the 4.0 Liter engine with the 4 speed automatic transmission with overdrive..... My dad and i went on a hunting trip and we had bald tires on a couple of back roads with 14 inches of heavy wet snow and we had to drive up a ridge so i slammed it back in four wheel drive and 180 horse power kick down and we were spinning like crazy but our jeep just kept trucking up the ridge and when we got up the ridge there was a F 250 sitting up there and those 2 guys were looking at the ridge just shaking there heads like wow how the get up with that thing but that's jeep for you.

Best Midsized SUV on the Market

by 94zj318 from MD | November 19, 2012

Purchased my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo used. I love these older Jeeps. The seats are comfortable, the ride quality is nice, the transmission shifts smoothly, and the 4WD works excellently! Everything has held up over the past eighteen years, and I only had to replace the factory radio and speakers with aftermarket components. The power seats, information screen, compass and temperature display, and power windows and door locks all still worked like new! The V8 engine runs nicely and I get good fuel economy. I would recommend this truck to anyone looking for a midsized SUV that can go anywhere they need it to go and haul a lot of stuff.

Great car

by Dad from iowa | September 18, 2010

214M miles and still runs like a new vehicle! Bought it with 107m on it and have done minimal maintenace out of the norm. Drive it every day and the gas mileage is as good or better then the 2005 grand cherokee we also have!

awesome car

by Jeep man from Dallas,Tx | July 30, 2010

One heck of a car. Mine has about 90k miles on it and it still runs great. Only very minor problams on it. I have the vg and it was still enough to tow a small u-hall.

Was a great all around SUV for me.

by Matt from WA from Ephrata, WA | August 14, 2009

Captain's Log: Final Entry Wife is ready to upgrade and I am only getting offers of $1-2K for my 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee w/automatic V6 at 154K miles. Have opted to skuttle the ship under the cash for clunkers program. Vehicle Pros: This baby is an absolute cat in rough conditions. I was once stuck behind a jackknifed semi-truck on Snoqualmie pass in a January blizzard with traffic backed up for 3 miles behind me. I opted to create my own lane in 2 feet of snow and my jeep didn't faulter for a second. You can travel with confidence if you have hard winters. Transmission had no trouble for its life. Engine was still in great shape with another 50K in it easy. Bought it as a bachelor and ended it as a family of four and it grew with me nicely. Interior and seats were very comfortable and well laid out. Turn radius is outstanding. V6 was enough power towing for jet skis. Cons: Vehicle was always rattling and noisey. There was also two significant cronic mechanical problems: the exhaust manifold and the door hinges. The manifold cracked twice. My mechanic says he sees them often on jeeps. A door hinge also broke once and he told me they are also a common problem. If you have one break, don't pay for a new door like they will try to tell you. Have a good mechanic or welder repair and reinforce the hinge. It is cheeper and very effective. If you own one, lubricate the little wheels in the door hinge catch at least annually with WD-40 and you will be fine. If closing the door feels stiff or pops at the catch points, address this immediately. Minor electical problems creaped up towards the very end of vehicle's life. Passenger-side lock control was slowly shorting out, climate control was stuck on windshild-feet, wiper delay was out, and cruise control was out. Glass light covers for the fog lamps also popped off at some point. Overall, very few complaints. Served me well. Seemed to have something minor come up about once a year after I crossed 120K miles. My extended family have owned 4 different jeeps and would all buy again. I attempted to buy a 2009 jeep patriot or compass under the clunkers program but they were sold out regionally. Vehicle was replaced with a chevy equinox which felt extremely similar. Fairwell old friend. You served your crew well. Sorry to destroy you for bounty money. You had a lot of miles left in you.

Still going

by jeep4real from MO | April 30, 2009

I purchased the Grand Cherokee with 40K miles. I have driven it hard for 12 hears now and have over 250K miles. It is very dependable. No money out other that routine maintenance (oil changes, belts, tires ect.) Over the years I have tested the off road and snow/ice capabilities and I have been very pleased.Would I recommend it? You bet!

I've learned to love her more each day!

by 4x4 man--67Ford Bronco- 1992F-350Diesel-94 Jeep from Rutherfordton, N.C. | February 5, 2008

I bought mine used and well cared for. Initially I thought it was rather "Jeepish" (handling wise) for a "fancy" 4x4 -- But, it is a Jeep---I have replaced the water and fuel pumps and had the a/c serviced-- it will now freeze the driver--. With 187,000 miles, it leaks a little oil but, man, the engine runs and accelerates like a new one, the exterior and paint look great . When my wife smacked it into tree, we found very reasonable aftermarket replacement parts for that repair. The tranny is starting to slip a bit and when it dies, I will likely replace it and keep driving it. Could not replace this vehicle and match features and capability w/o spending a ton of $. I drive 120+ miles per day and enjoy the comfort and reliability of this vehicle-- Still get 20mpg according to the readout. I almost forgot-- I use it off -road to pull my log splitter-- works great for that too with hi/lo range and 4wd- A bit difficult to shift the transfer case but maybe I will learn how to do that more easily the longer I keep the vehicle! Great little SUV!

Best First Car

by blackedout from Muscle Shoals,AL | October 8, 2007

This is my first car with 138,000 miles on it.IU have not had any problem with is very dependable.It has great features for a Jeep.The ride of it is smooth riding also for a Jeeo.Most Jeeps are hard riding.Very comfortable,very responsive.I would recommend this Jeep to anyone.I have saw some that they will run up to 400,000 miles.Gas on it is not too bad for a SUV.

The Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned

by Jeep Lover from Vancouver, WA | March 10, 2007

There was the little problem that it had with a somewhat low mpg for the gas however its easily made up for by just not being a lead foot. This vehicle saved me in my accident, had i driven my moms car i probably would have turned out far worse. This vehicle has gotten me out of many sticky traffic situations and has proven itself to be the most reliable and everall best quality vehicle i have ever driven.

Luv my Jeep

by Jeepers from Phoenix AZ | January 30, 2007

I love my 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd. The engine is super powerful and gas mileage is similar to a regular size sedan. I bought it used and would prefer driving it to half of the new vehicles out there. The Limited models are loaded and are a great buy because they typically do not sell for any more than the Laredos. Recommended!!

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee