1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

15 city / 20–21 hwy

Overall

love my jeep

by Zippys lady from nelsonville ohio | July 14, 2014

I have a 95 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4, it was my first car of my own, I absolutely love my jeep. It hasn't ever let me down, although my jeep is about to be fixed for what most people call the jeep death shake I wouldn't chose any other vehicle. It wonderful in the snow even without being in 4 wheel drive. I'm feel so much more comfortable driving my jeep over another vehicle. In short if you are looking at a jeep, just do it you'll fall in love!

The BEST ever

by Willow from Utah | February 22, 2014

My 1995 Grand Cherokee i6 has been the BEST auto I have ever had in 50 years of driving. 300 thousand miles and will NOT quit. I call it "Timex". Takes a licking and keeps on Ticking. I will NEVER get rid of it even if it finally does stop.

great jeep

by jeepster69 from Redding Ca. | February 16, 2011

other than a few electrical snafews its a great jeep! Gas mileage is not like a small hot hatchback, but then again its roomy and I can get WAY off the beaten path!! If you like the great outdoors this perfect!! I even sleep in it at the beach at the coast!!

Grand Jeep Cherokee

by JeepChick from Los Gatos, CA | February 6, 2011

My family bought a 1995 Grand Jeep Cherokee when it first came out and passed it down to me when I was in high school. It's still running great after 10 years.

Great first car

by i live, i ride, i am a jeep, from Cedar Rapids,Iowa | January 21, 2010

Jeep has such a terrible rep and there usually from people that have never owned one. Me, this was my second car i bought. It is a 95 jeep grand Cherokee Laredo 5.2L V8 for $2700 with around 140,000 miles on it. i have owned the car for 2 and half years and the only thing i have had to replace is the m.a.p sensor which was a couple hundred bucks. My favorite part about the jeep is the massive engine, pushing 235hp and a, 0-60 in the 8.5 range, no its not great but it puts up one heck of a match. I also love the fact the it is rugged, not only does it ride fairly smooth on the road it is a champ off the road. I live in iowa and we have some pretty brutal winters with lots of snow and let me tell you, when i drive in the snow its as if it is not even there its pretty sick. No jeep isnt the best car but is is a great starter car and if you are looking for a fun ride, JEEP all the way

fun 4x4 vehicle

by SVT from Pensacola, FL | February 1, 2009

I have owned a '95 Grand Cherokee (4.0I 4x4, 215,000 miles) for about three and a half years. It has been a truly great vehicle. I have had no problems with the engine whatsoever. Though, I would recommend the 5.2 or 5.9 if you can afford the extra for gas, as my dad has had no problems with his '96 5.2 liter in the past 11 years (and he is very rough with it). If you are looking for one, be sure the "Jeep death shake" has been repaired...it is a costly repair. These are the parts I think that I have had to repair (control arm, U-joints, CV boots). These just gain wear after a while. The only unusual repair I will have to make is a transfer case rebuild (expensive, a bearing went out). I do not know what caused it. The thing just went out from one use to the next. I would definitely recommend this vehicle, it has been fun. The 4.0I engine is a little weak, but plenty torquey for some serious off-roading, or mudding. The reliability of the engine is outstanding. Other parts go out normally with time. The only real feature to note is the folding rear seats; they allow for a huge amount of space (very handy for three college guys heading across the country with all of our stuff). Buy one, it is worth the money.

Cheap Jeep

by Three Jeep Owner from Rocky Mountains | January 21, 2009

Vehicle is advertised with many extra features by dealer. Sticker price is $3995 marked down from $5995. Buyers should be aware of defects, Here's why: 1) Reliability: Vehicle wouldn't start when attempted test drive(Dead battery). 2) Engine compartment: Engine shows oil leaks at valve cover gasket, also brake or power steering fluid leak visible. 3) Under Carriage: Rear and Front Differential fluid leak. 4)Electrical: Driver's side door has electrical bundle to control panel loose(covered in electrical tape). 5)Interior: Steering wheel worn,Hood release latch sticks, carpeting worn. 6) Extra Features: Towing package is aftermarket add-on(non-factory). 7) Rear cargo compartment: spare tire is compact type. Since battery was dead, test drive aborted. I walked away. At $3995, it's just you get what you pay for. Take it from a 3 Jeep owner, with a combined 500,000 miles of Jeep driving experience. Pass it by if you're looking for a nicer Jeep.

Incredible-150,000 Miles and Still Rollin'

by New Englander from MA | November 24, 2008

This is the most reliable car ever built! It's so comfortable and excellent for long trips. With the 4.0 litre I-6 it gets about 18 mpgs average which is good for an SUV. It has never had a single problem, and at this rate, probably never will. The brakes were done twice, but at 150,000 miles that's routine. The leather seats in our Limited are so relaxing and soft. I love this car. I will drive this thing for ever. It's a truely incredibly reliable car!!! It tows our boat fairly well. The AC and Heat are still in perfect working order. Is drives smoothly too. This Jeep does excellent in the snow. The car handles very well in bad driving conditions. Jeep did a great job with this one!!!

great vehicle

by momx3 from Kaneohe, Hawaii | November 28, 2007

I have 169,000 miles and car still has a lot of power. Only problem I seem to have is the front end shimmy. Took car in a dozen times, mechanics cant find anything wrong. Interior still great and comfy. Overall, best car I have owned. Now gonna buy a 2008 grand cherokee!

Most reliable car I've owned

by dsrt_rat from Portland, Or | September 18, 2006

I have a 1995 Grand Cherokee Laredo with the six cylinder engine. I put a Flow-Master muffler and a K&N air filter on it and I get 24-26 mpg hwy and 18-20 mpg city. Everything else is standard equipment on my Cherokee. The Flow-Master and K&N air filter give it more power as well. I now go up freeway grades at 60-65 mph in overdrive that before required the automatic transmission to shift down. I have the standard Jeep aluminum wheels. Only design criticism is the spare tire location in the trunk. I'd recommend this car to anybody that wants or needs a 4WD. I have had Volvos for 20 years but the gas mileage was only about 21 mpg on the highway. My Cherokee is only 25% heavier and 4 inches longer than my Volvo. The Cherokee rides like a large sedan and is a great vehicle for long trips but is has a tight enough turning circle for easy parking and city maneuvering. Long live the I-6.

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee