1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Available in 4 styles:  Grand Cherokee 4dr Laredo shown

16 city / 21 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

never stopped putting parts in it

by me from michigan | February 27, 2014

Since we bought it we put over 6000 in parts in it including two radiators, two timeing chains, trans, transfer case, and more that I can't remember and we have only had this thing for a couple years, all this between 130,000 and 150,000. So I guess if it has under that amount of miles it might b nice but now it just eats though parts faster then we can put them in so now it has to go...

99-05 4.7L common problems

by Dovakiin from | February 24, 2014

There is an acceleration problem where the engine refuses to accelerate no mater what you do. With this acceleration problem, if you are driving slow enough/stopped, the engine will shut off almost every time. The worst part is, no shop can figure out why this is happening. Often when you unlock the door with the key and try to open it, the alarm will go off. Every once in a while, the key wont turn in the ignition and you have to fiddle with it for quite some time to get it to start. And recently, the locking mechanism for the hatchback broke. All these problems are quite common among the early 2000 model Grand Cherokees, especially the acceleration problem.

1999 Jeep GC Limited is the most reliable car ever

by Darryl Groner from Amboy, WA | January 21, 2014

My 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee has 230,000+ miles on it and never gave me a bit of trouble until it 210,000 miles and then the AC/Heater went out. At 225,000 miles I had to have the differentials rebuilt. I have had some issues with the tailights but I think they were damaged by the previous owner so I'm not blaming Jeep for that. I am currently looking for another second-hand Jeep GC Limited because with 230,000 I am retiring my first one to work on my ranch after adding big tires and a lift kit. I'm hoping to find another of the same generation. I absolutely love that 4.7L V-8 and the body style of the 1999. The creature comforsts provided by the Limited trim package rival that of Cadillacs and Lincolns. I would recommend this car to anyone. They are absolutely awesome and i honestly do not believe there is another vehicle on the market that comes close. Otherwise I wouldn't be buying a second one after owning my first one for over 8 years and nearly 100,000 of the 230,000 total miles,

Honest Guy

by BrightBuyer from Marietta | September 26, 2013

I bought my 4Runnet from this guy, he's honest, fair, and really has a lot of information on the vehicles he sells. Great buy! Will def buy from him in the future!

It's a JEEP

by Deerslayer from Spokane, Washington | September 15, 2012

I had to replace my old 99 cherokee after the second deer tried to run me over and ended up totaling my beloved jeep. Since my 99 got thru a couple of deer encounters without me getting a scratch I decided to stick with another 99 only I upgraded to the Grand Cherokee Limited, This one even my wife loves for it's luxury and style. But I've still taken it to the mountain where it performs just like any other jeep--fantastic.

Wonderful jeep

by Jeep Buddy from ID | August 6, 2012

Really love this versatile and reliable jeep. I wouldn't expect anything less from a jeep product though. My jeep beautiful combines luxury with unmatched capability, love it!

Great truck

by Todd from Minnesota | March 8, 2012

I really enjoy my 99 grand, this little truck is one of the most reliable vehicles out there, I can trust that my jeep will get me where I want to go whether its out on the town or through the most difficult terrain. I have 257k+ miles on mine and still going strong. Has gotten me through some tough winters. I love my jeep!

We love our Grand Cherokee Limited

by Jeepers from Jacksonville, FL | June 16, 2011

The inside is terrific! We now look forward to long trips in our Jeep. Hands down recommend that you get one!

Good car great in the snow

by Jeep Dude from Victorville, CA | April 26, 2011

Bought it for a great price, needed some work, but has performed flawlessly. Unbeatable in the snow. I commute over 100 miles per day into the mountains and this vehicle has never let me down over the last 2 years. I have gone through some of the worst snow storms Big Bear has had in over 25 years and it never once got stuck nor have I ever chained it up. I have taken it off road several times and it has done very well.

Great value

by Mandy from Louisville | November 23, 2010

The 99 grand cherokee is my second jeep I have owned and I would strongly recommend jeep products to all my friends and family. For the money you will not find better value, style, comfort and reliability. I love my jeep, and I can say nothing bad about my experiences at all. You can bet that the next vehicle will be a jeep!