2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Available in 4 styles:  2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

list of issues

by ry from florida | May 20, 2014

driver break light will not work new bulb, installed a trailer light set up in driver rear dose not work. passenger front breaks locked up replaced caliper, radiator fan quit working had to wire to switch to work properly on top of the transmission not working right i regret buying this jeep

Reliable Vehicle - Poor gas mileage

by Jeep Cat from Grosse Pointe Michigan | December 13, 2012

I purchased this Jeep because of the 4.0L six cylinder engine. I also own a 2001 Jeep Cherokee with the same engine, and have over 185,000 miles on it. I was looking for a dependable, affordable vehicle and my experience with the 2001 Jeep was so good I decided to double down on the 4.0L. The 2000 is a much more refined vehicle than than the 2001, it is much quieter and more modern looking than the 2001 Cherokee. My only disappointment is the fuel mileage which is less than 16 mpg combined, my 2001 Cherokee gets 19 mpg combined.

I love my jeep!

by Cheerfuljuice from Oregon | April 3, 2012

Drives nice, looks good, and it's super comfy! I have the limited edition with the super comfortable heated leather seats and it's awesome! Comes stock with a tow package and a really decent infinity gold stereo. The engine is strong and if treated right will last a good long time. I have the v8 and I get about 11.9 mpg in town and I do recommend getting a jeep with the straight 6 as those engines were darn near bullet proof (so to speak) and get even better gas mileage! The limited editions only come with v8's i believe... I have owned a couple jeeps over the past 10 years and i stand by em! They have great suspension travel and are very versatile vehicles. Great for a family, offroad enthusiasts, daily drivers, etc!!! The possibilities are unlimited with a jeep! I love my jeep and couldn't be happier!

What a heap

by LilGriz from MN | September 26, 2011

I can tell this was made after Daimler took over. I previously had a '97 that had only 280,000 miles on it and was basically still in stock condition. This 2000 on the other hand is not made nearly as well and has redundant/unneeded mechanical features that add to the repair and parts price. I am actually scared to take it to places where my old one had gone .. and yes, it does see 4Low many times per year. As many others are doing around here, I am looking for an older one again where reliability was much better.

jeep grand cherokee laredo 2000

by ricocaters from san antonio tx | September 20, 2011

I've got 150K on this 4x4 jeep. The jeep has been in 2 minor accidents and fully repaired. As with most jeeps the parts don't last as long as you'd like. It also requires a great deal maintenance. But overall this jeep took care of me too. She has been all over Texas on and off road. 10 yrs. of delivering caterings, trips to the beach, and surviving harsh weather conditions haven't slowed her down. Strong acceleration and handling will make any jeep lover's heart sing. I've had trouble with wiring, particularly in the door and rear lights. Cooling system has also broken down 3 times. Everything else has remained in pretty good condition. The jeep show signs of heavy use but still draws eyes after a good cleaning. This is my 4th jeep and I look forward to getting into a 2011.

Most reliable car in our family

by kbpines from Pollock Pines, Ca | August 13, 2011

My Jeep has had no factory problems! It has 205,000 miles on it, so the brake pads and back window shocks had to be replaced, but that's it. Those 2 problems would happen on any car that makes it that far though. My Jeep runs and drives just as it did 11 years ago when we bought it, and I plant to be able to say that another 11 years from now. Whenever I tell anyone that I have a perfect Jeep Grand Cherokee with a V-8 at 205,000 miles, they don't believe me so, I simply show it to them.

We love our Jeeps

by Stephanie from MI | March 14, 2011

This is the 2nd Grand Cherokee we've owned. My hubby had a '95 before we got married and that one lasted us for quite a few years. We bought the '00 Laredo w/ 122k on it and it now shows 222k. We've been looking for another vehicle to replace it, but unfortunately with a growing family (potentially 3 in car seats) we won't be able to go w/ another Grand Cherokee. This vehicle has been very reliable. We did replace the engine w/ a remanufactured one and have put 40k on this engine. Hubby also says there will be some expensive repairs coming up soon. We've always had issues w/ the rotors warping, which seems to be common w/ this vehicle. We can't put our rear facing infant seat behind the driver, hubby can't put his seat far enough back in this position. We have our front facing car seat behind the driver and the infant seat behind the passenger. The passanger seat is a little cramped for leg room, again for hubby, when the infant seat is in. Cargo room in the back is FANTASTIC. Hubby also does a lot of building and this vehicle had good towing. We do miss our V8 from the '95, but can't complain too much about the in-line 6. The seats are very comfortable and great for a long drive. We especially love the adjustable lumbar support and leather. Definately go w/ leather if you have kids- it's so much easier to clean. Over all- we love Jeeps! We do love the luxury of the '00, but miss the power of the '95. The '95 was more like a truck than this one is.

it's a jeep thing you wouldn't understand

by Jeeplover from Old Bridge, NJ | March 3, 2011

This is a great suv for the family. the price was 35k but after all it was worth for what it can do in extreme conditions. Excellent off-road and astonishing in the snow. We owned it for 11 years and its still like new. Never had any problems with it and has over 100k miles on it. we had so much fun at Camp Jeep and we miss and and so does our jeep. The title explains everything i just said. Greatest american car ever.

It's a Jeep, what can you really say

by Jeepers Creepers from Maryland | February 25, 2011

The truck gets around in any situation you put in, but unforturnately, it's not very reliable. It's in the show every other month for something. Radiator went out, transmission sometimes jerks when going into the TOW gear without towing. Struts seized up and I don't take it off road. CV joint problems. Seems to me the most reliable thing is the radio. At one point the Headlights REFUSED to turn on without taking out the fuse and putting it back in.

Made for Snow

by Just a Mom from Lake Quivira, KS | February 2, 2011

That is my daughter's quote...since the car is for her. She loves it and all the safety features. I am jealous!

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee