2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee

16 city / 20–21 hwy

Overall

Best Purchase Ever!

by AllAboutTheJeep from Brantford, ON, Canada | May 31, 2014

As people will tell you, the gas milage could be better, but that's the only flaw I can find. I drive a 4.7L V8 60th Anniversary Grand Cherokee and I have brought this Jeep with me through blizzards, to being tire-deep in mud and it still pulls through every time. To those who love off-road and adventure, with comfortable seats and a flawless 4x4 system; this is the jeep for you. My baby is 13 years old now with over 200,000 kms and it s running just as strong as when I first bought it.

Uses car for Off-roading

Great Car

by jeep owner from Atlanta,Ga | December 10, 2012

Out side of oil changes and tires , this car has been the best i have ever owned ,i am 71 and have owned a lot of vehicles and i hate to part with it but it is time for a new car.

Great SUV, sub-par gas mileage

by JPB1138 from Columbia, PA | December 26, 2011

Would recommend to anyone looking for a tried and true SUV that isn't too big but has enough room to haul around gear. Average gas mileage I get is 15mpg. Only downside I can see.

wont sell it!

by twoputt from prescott,az | October 7, 2011

I was thinking of buying a newer Jeep,but what would I get that is better than what I already have except more car payments!

Best Vehicle I've Ever Owned

by Jeff64 from Appleton, Wisconsin | October 2, 2011

I bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo in 2011 with 92,000 miles on it. It just crested the 100,000 mile mark. I have wanted one of these for a long time and finally traded in my Chevy Astro for one. The Jeep is a great vehicle. It has the luxuries you'd find on $50,000 vehicles-leather interior, an 8-speaker Infinity Gold sound system with 10-disc cd changer, full power options including power moon roof, heated power mirrors, dual power front seats with heater and many more. It is loaded to the max!! I have the 6-cylinder engine. The only problems was a persistent low oil-pressure problem that couldn't be isolated. Because the Jeep was under warranty, they replaced the engine for me at no cost. The replacement engine has great oil pressure. I drove it around in last years' Wisconsin snow storms and just drove right past everyone else who were slipping and sliding. It's fun driving in the snow in this! My only displeasure is the poor in-city gas mileage-between 12 and 14 mpg, but usually get 19-21 on the highway. Will definitely be a Jeep owner for a long-time.

changed preception

by random dude on the internet from Mountain view CA | June 7, 2011

2001 Larado. Bought it with only 10k miles on it in 2008. I had always distrusted jeeps for being unreliable and for the electronics being faulty, but so far i am wrong! No mechanical problems so far with 33k on it now. Trips to Tahoe and Sedona, Arizona were comfortabe. Gas milage could be better, but i got 400 miles on a tank on only highway. The 4.7 is strong and really peppy. It will blow away most trucks and cars from the stoplight. The leather has held up well, but the front seats are kind of small for my taste, and the rear doesnt offer much leg room. I expected more cargo space, as my previous vehicle, a 91' explorer sport, had about the same. 4x4 system works flawlessly. Overall it's been a great vehicle!

A real sea horse

by Coop from Dayton, OH | June 4, 2011

I purchased my 2001 used with 79K miles. It Looked and ran perfectly for a couple of years before falling victim to the problems of my previous 3 Jeeps, Passenger side foot well leaks... This problem occured in every Jeep I've owned. I confronted the Jeep dealers I've encountered and they all acted surprised. The only people that seem to know about this problem are the Jeep owners and their secondary mechanics! Do a thorough check on every passenger side foot well before considering purchasing this or any Jeep model. Just lift the carpet up!!! For new Jeep models, check out the Jeep Blogs .

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7 Liter

by VTX nut from Ithaca, NY | May 13, 2011

Bought this vehicle in February of 2011. It is what it is 10 years old. Looks incredible for being this old and in NY State. No rust anywhere not even underneath the vehicle, frame, doors, even the nuts and bolts!! Minor issues had to change the TPS and IAC Sensors, which i did my self fairly cheaply. Idle was rough and shifted funny but for about $150. runs like a top! 4.7 Liter engine is very strong for 120k. Changed the transmission oil, engine oil with Valvoline Maxlife. Stereo system is incredible, leather seats are awesome, interior is beautiful. I love this vehicle!

grand cherokee is great!

by the jeep man from philadelphia, pa | May 3, 2011

great suv for the money, these suvs last forever if taken care of. IF something goes wrong in it, then they arent too expensive to fix either.

Great for driving in Northeast Ohio snow!!!!!!!!!!

by radical.bue from Youngstown, OH. | April 5, 2011

I bought this Jeep Grand Cherokee-Laredo from a local family run pharmacy who only used the Jeep for home medicine delievery. At 7 years old it only had 68,000 miles. It goes amazing in the snow, but the gas mileage is worse than expected. It is nice I do my own up keep such as oil changes and tune-ups. But I wouldn't reccomend a 99-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo for everyday driving use. It is a annoying fact that the sensors, power window motors, and the front brakes have such a problem and Chrysler never had a proper recall!!!!

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee