2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Available in 7 styles:  2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

What a Gem of a Purchase

by A Happy Driver from Denver, CO | March 10, 2014

Well maintained by prior owners. Only a few minor age-related things to address. But, none of which affect the drivability of the vehilce or operation. I have checked it over very well, and tested it in city and highway driving conditions - in nice and snowy weather - and have not found anything wrong at all! It has an awesome ride/feel. Overall, I am very pleased and very impressed.

JGC 2002 Overland

by KeepOnJeepin from Santa Cruz, CA | February 3, 2014

I replaced two window motors, a noisy muffler, after market radio and two tire pressure sensors. All for about $1400. The burnt out seat warmer and moon roof motor was not replaced for a cost of $1000. The front plate was missing so that cost extra for new plates. I recommend buying from a car dealership rather than a used car dealer if you don't want to have all the extra expenses.

Uses car for Towing

and Suddenly........ I'm a Jeep girl

by Lizzy from | January 24, 2014

I just upgraded from a 95 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, to the 2002 model. She's such a SWEET ride. Like falling in love all over again. Her body is great, her interior is perfect and only 59 K miles. She's amazing. Passing the 95 Grand Cherokee down to my oldest grandson whose pulling straight A's :))

Fuel to Water

by Kemo from | January 2, 2014

I would buy this car if its work on water. lollll. I don't know why Jeep built such big engine size for a small suv.

02 Overland For $500

by MrDrDre from St Helier, Jersey | December 30, 2013

I'm extremely happy with my Overland. I bought it for $500 and it's in perfect condition but the only problem was that the reverse gear was really weak. I got it fixed for about a hundred bucks, just changed the fluid and both filters. The performance is great for a SUV as the acceleration pushes me into the seat and ghe engine as well as the exhaust system sound awesomely, better than a Jaguar XK8 00. Access to parts is easy and most are fairly easy to remove/replace. I really like the design of the exterior and the interior. It drives very well either off road on the freeway or in urban areas. I had this car for about a year now and I never had a problem with it. Only thing I did to it was replacing the air filter from the original boxy thing to a K&N Air Intake for $180 which made the throttle respond quicker besides from changing all brake pads and all fluids. I'm also incredibly surprised by the fuel consumption which is really little. For $50 I can cruise for about two weeks. There's a trick but you have to find out for yourselves :)

Nice car for the price

by DAS from Washington, DC | May 31, 2013

Not the most smoothest ride but its a Jeep. Only had it for 3 months & can't complan. Gets about 15-17 mpg. I hope to keep it for a long time. I have the 4.7ltr. This is a very quick Jeep that will get you in & out of traffice with no problem. Can't waite until it snows here in DC!!! Get a Jepp

Like MyJEEP

by RKB7 from Fayetteville, NC | May 8, 2012

The 2002 Grand Charekee Overland Jeep is the best. it drives like a big SUV, but rides smooth on the highway. The huge V8 has a lot of power. I don't like the build in 4x4. I would rather only us it when needed. but of course the overland is a quadradrive, so no choice. its also a HUGGGGE GAS GUSLER. I'm only keeping it for a while. The amount of gas it uses is toooo much. but overall it's a nice SUV.

Absolute comfort and prime leather all around

by GA girl from Atlanta, GA | February 18, 2012

The Jeep Cherokee has the ability to make you feel so safe and comfortable, and isn't that what all drivers deserve? My kids have been secure on trips to the beach and mountains. Our family has always loved Jeeps all the way back to the 70's. Rest assured that a Jeep Cherokee will take you wherever you want to go and in lots of luxury. Just be sure to get one with leather because it will last forever.

Great value and ROCK solid

by Suburban Jeepman from Newton Ma. | February 7, 2012

I was in the market for an inexpensive used car and found this mint condition 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 150K miles for less the $5K. I took it for a test drive and had my mechanic give it the once over. He found it to be in excellent condition and was maintained extremely well, multiple Jeep replacement parts have been installed. Who ever owned this before me must have loved this car because the interior and exterior and nearly flawless. I've owned it for 3 months. Not a drop of oil has been consumed by the V8 engine over my first 3000 miles. Every accessory works, the AC blows cold air, the brakes and rotors were new, and the suspension is quiet and tight. I average 15mpg in city driving. Great SUV! Very solidly built and rust resistant... not a spot of rust anywhere. I highly recommend you try and find a well cared for Jeep Grand Cherokee LIMITED... luxury at a bargain price!

can't go wrong with a jeep

by jeep from new jersey | January 30, 2012

it's a reliable vehicle , great to drive , best feature for me is the easy of driving in snow. shifts easily right into 4 wheel drive and it's like magic. you'll drive off when everyone else is slipping and sliding. i like the different style rear hatch and ability to open just the glass for ease access. the locking mechanisms are on the sides compared to the older models on the bottom which was a problem with rust. I've always drove sedans until my first jeep now all i want is a jeep.

Featured Services for this Jeep Grand Cherokee